What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R12 | Fri | Storm 34-10 Broncos | AAMI

Round 12 result: Storm v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-mel-battle.jpg

1. Billy Slater 2. Matt Duffie 3. Dane Nielsen 4. Will Chambers 5. Justin O’Neill 6. Gareth Widdop 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Cameron Smith (c) 10. Jason Ryles 11. Bryan Norrie 12. Ryan Hinchcliffe 13. Todd Lowrie

Interchange: 14. Anthony Quinn 15. Rory Kostjasyn 16. Michael Greenfield 17. Jaiman Lowe
Reserves: 18. Luke Kelly 19. Maurice Blair 20. Kenny Bromwich

2012teams-bri-alt.jpg

1. Josh Hoffman 2. Gerard Beale 3. Jack Reed 4. Matt Gillett 5. Dale Copley 6. Corey Norman 7. Peter Wallace
8. Scott Anderson 9. Andrew McCullough 10. Josh McGuire 11. Alex Glenn 12. Ben Te'o 13. Corey Parker

Interchange: 14. Ben Hunt 15. David Hala 16. Dunamis Lui 17. Mitchell Dodds

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Tony Archer and Gerard Sutton
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner and Adam Reid
Video Referee: Steve Clark

Related matches

Toyota Cup R12 - Storm v Broncos @ AAMI, Fri 5:20pm
VB NSW Cup R13 - Cronulla Sharks (CRO, MEL) v Auckland Vulcans (WAR) @ Belmore Sports Ground, Sat 1:00pm
QRL ISC R11 - CQ Capras (BRI) v Easts Tigers (MEL) @ Browne Park Rockhampton, Sun 2:00pm
QRL ISC R11 - Ipswich Jets (GLD) v Norths Devils (BRI) @ North Ipswich Reserve, Sat 3:00pm
QRL ISC R11 - Northern Pride (NQL) v Redcliffe Dolphins (BRI) @ Barlow Park Cairns, Sat 5:30pm
QRL ISC R11 - Wynnum Manly Seagulls (BRI) v Mackay Cutters (NQL) @ BMD Kougari Oval, Sun 2:10pm

nrl-r12melbri.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Ausguy

Coach
What a terrible time to schedule this game.

The nrl need to look at this pathetic set up where 2 of the best sides play with players backing up or not backing up after origin.

Big Pete

Referee
It's tough seeing the Broncs winning here but I reckon they'll put in another good performance and it'll at least be close.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Hook name a side without Origin players & then including the Qld benchies. Petero may back up but Sam & Hodgo likely won't with their niggling injuries.

That could mean former schoolboy & 20s Origin player Whitchurch may make his debut for the Broncs with either Lui, Dodds or Hala coming onto the bench for any forward.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Assuming Hook rests all Origin players, and with a side looking something like:

1. Hoffman
2. Whitchurch
3. Reed
4. Copley
5. Beale
6. Norman
7. Wallace
8. McG
9. McC
10. Anderson
11. Glenn
12. Teo
13. Parker

14. Hunt
15. Dodds
16. Lui
17. Hala

There is a lot to like about the chances of that side getting up, if some key Storm players are also rested. Throw in Bulla and Gillett to the bench and there is a lot more to like.

Last edited:

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Forgot about Hannant on the bench on Wednesday night too. Start him at prop with Big Show, and you have a pretty decent side.

to_ddeath

Coach
Melbourne by 10 at least.
As Ausguy mentioned, very poorly scheduled game for what's supposed to be the 2 benchmark teams of the comp at present.

T.

Evenflow

Bench
Will be an absolute cracker and can't wait. Will be without Proctor, Hoffman and still Sika so our depth in the second row will be tested but i highly doubt Bellyache will rest the origin boys in this game especially with it being on Friday. No doubt the rest will come for them down the track but barring injury or niggles i cant see it being this game.

Storm by 4.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
RE: the scheduling I think you'll find there's a very logical reason to it being FNF. A) it's going to be a ripper of a game and b) most rep players prefer to back up a day or two after their games rather than four or five.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
This pretty much comes down to which team will suffer the worst without their Origin stars. It'll be close, but I can't see the Storm winning without their big 3.

Broncos by 10.

Evenflow

Bench
This pretty much comes down to which team will suffer the worst without their Origin stars. It'll be close, but I can't see the Storm winning without their big 3.

Broncos by 10.

What makes you think the "big 3" won't be playing? Barring injury i'll bet my left nut that at least 2 of them will be playing but i'm very confident it'll be all 3 if fit.

Earl

Coach
Barring injury *touch wood* Cronk, Smith & Slater will all play.

With a shortage of back rowers I hope Bellamy doesn't try and pass Lowrie, Quinn & Kostjayson off as a back row rotation again.

Give some of the 20's ago.

diggo

Juniors
Grand Final preview here. It's a real shame we won't see them at full strength. Take the winner with a grain of salt. However I like Melbourne here.

Strong wind and rain forecast for Mexico tomorrow...this will bring this into a forward battle and Storm may struggle with the injuries they have in the pack. No Hoffman, Proctor, Vave and Manu...

Snappy

Coach
Hannant, Gillett to back up for Broncos

AAP Thu, May 24, 2012 - 5:02 PM

Brisbane coach Anthony Griffin says Queensland State of Origin stars Ben Hannant and Matt Gillett will back up in the Broncos' top-of-the-table NRL clash with Melbourne on Friday night.

Griffin initially named only Gillett of Brisbane's five Origin players for the Storm showdown but, on Thursday, he added fellow Origin bench player Hannant after he recovered well from Queensland's 18-10 game-one win over NSW in Melbourne.

Griffin resisted calling on Origin starting players Sam Thaiday and Petero Civoniceva, but there was some late mail he might still play centre Justin Hodges but would not be making his decision until Friday morning.

Melbourne are expected to include their Origin stars in the match at Melbourne's AAMI Park.

Forward Todd Lowrie, who plays his 50th game for Melbourne and his 149th NRL match since 2003, said he found himself cheering his Storm teammates Cameron Smith, Billy Slater and Cooper Cronk during Wednesday night's Origin game at Etihad Stadium.

"It was funny sitting there last night cheering for NSW shouting out 'give it to Billy' but, after the game, I thought 'what was I thinking?'," said Lowrie.

"That's the great thing about State of Origin. I think you can put your friendship aside and go out and do your best for your state which is why I think it's been such a great spectacle."

Melbourne is set to host its second rugby league sellout within 48 hours with the Brisbane clash at AAMI Park almost at capacity.

http://www.nrl.com/hannant,-gillett-to-back-up-for-broncos/tabid/10874/newsid/67621/default.aspx