What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POQ Jamie Lyon

William Hung

Juniors
Apparantly he has signed a 2 year deal with St Helens.

Piss off than you fat pr!ck. I can really see how St Helens is more 'rural' than Parramatta.

What odds Jamie gets 'Crusher' sick again and comes home before his contract is up?

Sheez...now that means I can't follow him around now to every game with my sign in the crowd saying " You f**king traitor Lyon...Blue and Gold 4 ever".

Was even contemplating hacking into the scoreboard at Suncorp with the slogan when he next played there!!!! (Just kidding any cyber cops out there).

Bartos...maybe you can help out!!! ;-)

True EEL

Bench
the grapevine now????

nothing in any reputable NRL-related media outlets yet, although Scoop on ST was confident of the same thing last night????

[url]http://www.totalrl.com/cgi-bin/news/viewnews.cgi?newsid1092651008,47997, [/url]

Saints make bid for Aussie Test star

Monday, August 16, 2004

ST HELENS are being reported in Australia to have made a massive offer to former Kangaroo centre Jamie Lyon as a replacement for Martin Gleeson.

Saints are believed to have offered Lyon a significant increase on the salary he gave up earlier this year of £95,000, when he walked out on Parramatta, claiming to have lost interest in the game.

If they were to sign Lyon Saints would also have to pay around £60,000 to buy out his contract with the Eels.

True EEL

Bench
yeah i saw that Belly

i just mean nothing confirmed, i know its on the cards and may well have been done by this morning, but nothing official

bartman

Immortal
C'mon, Nova 96.9 are a credible source.

:lol:

Actually I'm sure it will happen that way, they're just working out which of Jamie's five managers gets to make the announcement 8)

Hurriflatch

Referee
Not really that surprising.

but that does prove that Lyon's "I'm home sick" excuse was yet another pile of s*** coming out his mouth.

I'd be very nervous if I were St Helens and he put pen to paper with them....north of england where it's congested and freezing at christmas time -v- outback australia where it's stinking hot and expansive.

Ideal!?!?!?!

eloquentEEL

First Grade
I don't know... I am willing to believe that the initial reason was that he wasn't enjoying his footy, had some personal probs and was homesick.

Now that he's had time to experience home for a while, and regain some enjoyment from footy, he may be thinking that it's worth sacrificing a few more years to get some mega bucks, and then come home and buy half of Wee Waa.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
He's goneeeeeeee, Yeah that city life is just that bad he's decided to head to England just to get away from it :?

Eelementary

Post Whore
Fitzy you dead set idiot.

You should have told him that the ONLY way he would ever get a release is that he SWORE never to play for ANY grade for Manly EVER.

Then we could put the contract in a safe place and laugh at Manly.

:D

Avenger

Immortal
Fitzy can still put the "Only to Parra before 2007" clause if he wants. I would. Not that I want the prick, just to make him suffer.

Gregory Drake

Juniors
I had the same thoughts Belly. I was planning on one of those huge signs for whenever he came to Parra stadium playing for whoever it was that were willing to sign an unreliable, selfish rugby league player who lacks any mental fortitude to stick it through when the going gets tough. I could understand if Hindy left in a year's time. That would mean he's played his guts out for two years and come up with nothing but constant frustration. Lyon left after half a dozen bad games in 03 and "One" garbage perfomance in 04.

Got mates who went to Peter Wynns for a Parra jersey signing session by the first graders. Lets just say that a "high profile" player told one of them to go and change the No 3 jersey he asked him to sign. Comments from the player were to the effect of - "go and get a real number with a bit of heart"(In reference to that fat sh*t). So i think we know where the players stand on the issue.

Eels Dude

Coach
If he goes to St Helens then good riddance then good riddance. At least the Parramatta club are still remaining somewhat firm, even though i'd prefer to see him sit on the sidelines for the next couple of yrs.

bartman

Immortal
Belly in Brisvegas said:
Sheez...now that means I can't follow him around now to every game with my sign in the crowd saying " You f**king traitor Lyon...Blue and Gold 4 ever".

Bartos...maybe you can help out!!! ;-)

I won't quite be following Jamie around here, but I aim to visit each ESL club's home ground once next season, so it's quite likely I'll see him play live two or three times? Hopefully it'll be against either Warrington or Leeds wearing their blue and gold strips,, to make it a bit interesting...

Belly in Brisvegas said:
Was even contemplating hacking into the scoreboard at Suncorp with the slogan when he next played there!!!! (Just kidding any cyber cops out there).
So it was you that hacked the parraeels.com.au website :lol: Hello world indeed...

Latest posts