What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | Rivalry (#1) R19 | Sun | Raiders 26-38 Titans | Canberra

Round 19 result: Raiders v Titans

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-can-main-1.jpg

1. Reece Robinson 2. Sandor Earl 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Blake Ferguson 5. Edrick Lee 6. Josh McCrone 7. Sam Williams
8. David Shillington 9. Travis Waddell 10. Dane Tilse 11. Josh Papalii 13. Shaun Fensom

Interchange: 14. Shaun Berrigan 15. Joe Picker 16. Mark Nicholls 17. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Reserve: 18. Sam Mataora

2012teams-gld-alt.jpg

1. William Zillman 2. Kevin Gordon 3. Jamal Idris 4. Dominique Peyroux 5. Steve Michaels 6. Aidan Sezer 7. Scott Prince
8. Luke Bailey 9. Matt Srama 10. Luke Douglas 11. Ben Ridge 12. Mark Minichiello 13. Nate Myles

Interchange: 14. Matthew White 15. Michael Henderson 16. Luke O’Dwyer 17. Beau Falloon
Reserve: 18. Ryan James

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Steve Lyons and Gavin Reynolds
Sideline Officials: Dan Eastwood and Dave Ryan
Video Referee: Rod Lawrence

Related Matches :: Toyota Cup R19
Raiders v Titans at Canberra, Sun 11:45am
Related Matches :: VB NSW Cup R19
Mounties (CAN) v Auckland Vulcans (WAR) at Mt Pritchard, Sat 3:00pm
Related Matches :: QRL ISC R17
CQ Capras (BRI) v Ipswich Jets (GLD) at Blackwater, Sat 2:00pm
Tweed Heads Seagulls (GLD) v Mackay Cutters (NQL) at Moranbah, Sat 7:30pm
Easts Tigers (MEL) v Burleigh Bears (GLD) at Langlands Park, Sun 2:10pm

nrl-r19cangld.jpg

Last edited:
Without trying to crap on the rivalry round concept too much (as I do like the concept), what exactly is the rivalry between these teams? Is there any real history or are they just the last 2 teams without an opponent so they chucked them together?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Pretty obvious that's the case I would've thought. Which is also why they've given Rivalry Round two weeks this year. That said, apart from the Ferguson factor I'm not sure what the Sharks/Raiders rivalry is next week.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Raiders are looking red hot even without their best stars. If the Titans can't win at home, they surely can't win at Canberra.

Raiders by 16.

skeepe

Immortal
The only real rivals I can see for the Raiders are grand final based (Tigers and Panthers mainly), maybe the Broncos, although that's faded since the 90's, the Dragons perhaps, due to the Illawarra half of the merger and the 1982 angle, but the NRL will always try to pair Sydney teams together where possible for this concept, so this is what happens.

Raider_69

Post Whore
this is a danger game
we're riding high right now but the titans are quietly a pretty decent team

cant afford to show up and go through the motions, we've got to control the footy and be patient

gronkathon

First Grade
Is it rivalry round to commemorate Weyman slapping seven shades out of the tattoo covered male model a few years ago?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I can see us losing this game against our biggest rivals. It wouldn't be the first time in Furner's reign of error that we get smacked at home in a game we're expected to win.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Playing the Titans just makes my blood boil. I predict yet another bitter contest against our nemesis!

It all started when they poached Kris Kahler off us.

Should win but probably won't. Such is the Canberra Raiders.

skeepe

Immortal
Playing the Titans just makes my blood boil. I predict yet another bitter contest against our nemesis!

It all started when they poached Kris Kahler off us.

Should win but probably won't. Such is the Canberra Raiders.

It was them taking Marshall Chalk that did it for me.