What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | Rivalry (#2) R20 | Sat | Warriors 19-24 Knights | Mt Smart

Round 20 result: Warriors v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-war-her.jpg

1. Kevin Locke 2. Bill Tupou 3. Ben Henry 4. Konrad Hurrell 5. Manu Vatuvei 6. James Maloney 7. Shaun Johnson
8. Russell Packer 9. Nathan Friend 10. Ben Matulino 11. Feleti Mateo 12. Simon Mannering (C) 13. Elijah Taylor

Interchange: 14. Lewis Brown 15. Sione Lousi 16. Jacob Lillyman 17. Steve Rapira
Reserve: 18. Omar Slaimankhel

2012teams-new-her.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. Kevin Naiqama 3. Dane Gagai 4. Timana Tahu 5. Akuila Uate 6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Zane Tetevano 9. Danny Buderus (c) 10. Willie Mason 11. Chris Houston 12. Joel Edwards 13. Neville Costigan

Interchange: 14. Robbie Rochow 15. Zeb Taia 16. Adam Cuthbertson 17. Alex McKinnon
Reserve: 18. Marvin Filipo

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Gerard Sutton and Adam Devcich

Sideline Officials: Steve Carrall and Luke Potter
Video Referee: Rod Lawrence

Related Matches :: Toyota Cup R20
Warriors v Knights @ Mt Smart, Sat 3:15pm AEST (5:15pm NZ local time)
Related Matches :: VB NSW Cup R20
Auckland Vulcans (WAR) v Illawarra Cutters (STI) at Mt Smart #2, Sat 11:00am AEST (1pm NZ local time)
Newcastle Knights (NEW) v Windsor Wolves (PEN) at No. 2 Sports Ground, Newcastle, Sun 3:00pm

nrl-r20warnew.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Silent Knight

First Grade
My name is Statler and I predict that Manu Vatuvei will win by 20 points. Uate always fails to contain the Beast.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Ah yes, lets see what this roller-coaster Knights last month dishes up for us next.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Hard game to pick. Both teams are going through a bit of a transition this season and have been up and down in patches during games let alone week to week.

Not sure why this is a Rivalry round game though. Sure there's been some good games between the two, but on the list of hated rivals I'd think Warriors/Knights would be well down on each others lists.

Timmah

Staff member
Again... Rivalry Round isn't going to mean every team will be having a massive rivalry game, hence why it's spread over two rounds.

Warriors v Broncos (1995 opener) was the Warriors, Knights/Manly (97 GF) are the obvious ones for each side.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Massive is one thing, completely irrelevant is another. It wouldn't be hard to find 2 rounds worth of rivalries (one massive as you put it, one more historic or centered around a certain game/occurance.)

Jono078

Referee
This has the potential to be a cracking game with both teams seasons on the line just about.

I never know what to expect of either side but my head tells me the warriors should do it comfortably.

Timmah

Staff member
Massive is one thing, completely irrelevant is another. It wouldn't be hard to find 2 rounds worth of rivalries (one massive as you put it, one more historic or centered around a certain game/occurance.)

Given there are 24 other rounds to schedule including a heritage round, I reckon it'd be extremely difficult.

Given we've seen Dogs/Eels, Dragons/Sharks, Knights/Manly and Roosters/Rabbits in the first week and still have Titans/Broncos, Manly/Dogs, Tigers/Cowboys (95, L'OD), Eels/Storm (09) and Souths/Saints to come, I'd say they've done pretty well tbh

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Exactly, there's 24 rounds, 26 rounds in total with 2 rivalry + 1 heritage. That leaves 23 other rounds that the Warriors could play the Knights. Would not be hard at all to find both teams worthy rivalries.

granted, I couldn't really care less about naming the round itself and I'm just being picky because I have a day off and I can be picky, but still, if the NRl want rivalry round to be a focus then they need to actually put more thought/effort into it rather than 2 half rounds of rivalry matches.

Big Pete

Referee
Another match I'm looking forward to.

You'd think Warriors at home would be too good for a disappointing Knights outfit but stranger things have happened. Really hope the Knights win to make the run to the finals just that more interesting.

However, Warriors will be furious they didn't come away with the points last week. Warriors by 16.

Latest posts