What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | R21 | Sun | Raiders 6-36 Knights | Canberra

Round 21 result: Raiders v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-can-main-1.jpg

1. Josh Dugan 2. Sandor Earl 3. Jarrod Croker 4. Blake Ferguson 5. Reece Robinson 6. Josh McCrone 7. Sam Williams
8. David Shillington 9. Travis Waddell 10. Tom Learoyd-Lars 11. Josh Papalii 12. Joel Thompson 13. Shaun Fensom

Interchange: 14. Shaun Berrigan 15. Joe Picker 16. Mark Nicholls 17. Sam Mataora
Reserves: 18. Jarrad Kennedy

2012teams-new-her.jpg

1. Darius Boyd 2. Kevin Naiqama 3. Dane Gagai 4. Timana Tahu 5. Akuila Uate 6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Zane Tetevano 9. Danny Buderus (c) 10. Willie Mason 11. Chris Houston 12. Joel Edwards 13. Neville Costigan

Interchange: 14. Robbie Rochow 15. Zeb Taia 16. Adam Cuthbertson 17. Alex McKinnon
Reserves: 18. Marvin Filipo

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Matt Cecchin and Gavin Morris
Sideline Officials: Nick Beashel and Gavin Reynolds
Video Referee: Bernard Sutton

Related Matches :: Toyota Cup R21
Raiders v Knights at Canberra, Sun 11:45am
Related Matches :: VB NSW Cup R21
Windsor Wolves (PEN) v Mounties (CAN) at Ringrose Park, Sun 12:45pm
Newcastle Knights (NEW) v Illawarra Cutters (STI) at WIN Stadium, Sun 3:00pm

nrl-r21cannew.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Timmah

Staff member
From memory Newcastle have an atrocious record in Canberra. I'd go Raiders... but then again their performance after smashing Melbourne left a lot to be desired so who knows.

skeepe

Immortal
Danger game. On paper we should win easily, but we always seem to get complacent against the shit teams.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The Knights are shit, the Raiders are the real deal. Their all-conquering backline featuring Jarrod Croker will have a field day.

Timmah said:
From memory Newcastle have an atrocious record in Canberra. I'd go Raiders... but then again their performance after smashing Melbourne left a lot to be desired so who knows.
Yeah three wins and a draw (all Sunday afternoons FTR) in our 25 year existence.

Last edited:

Fire

First Grade
Got a soft spot for both teams. Knights, simply because of the Bennett factor. He'll know how to prep his troops at training this week.

Apey

Staff member
Knights because Raiders seem to go shit after a surprising win.

Although Knights winning 3 in a row at this stage might be fairly wishful thinking.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Raiders are morals for this and deserved favourites. The only way the Knights are going to stay in this match is if the referees help them. A couple of flukey wins against last year's grand finalists doesn't make a finals team.

We clearly showed how ineffective we were against the Raiders a few rounds ago and I can't see us getting over the top of their superior forward pack. They will completely dominate us because they're stronger, taller and faster in all departments.

Raiders by 50. It's in the bag for them. You heard it here first.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Gee knights fans must be worried, already trying to talk us up to put the pressure
Wayne Bennett coached sides has never beaten a Dave Furner coached side
Im not going to play the "knights are much better than us, they should beat us" reverse psychology shit

the raiders are a much better football side and should win comfortably if they show up with the correct attitude.

the dude

Juniors
Winning team still has a sniff, losing team is done for 2012. Big game.

I would prefer a Raiders win but they can't be relied on to put in 2 solid performances consecutively. Knights by 8.

Hutty1986

Immortal
I'm not too sure how the Raiders could be considered a "much better football side"by any stretch. This is a completely 50/50 game, should be a good'un!

Vic Mackey

Referee
I'm glad that the fans of these two teams hate each other. It makes it interesting for those of us who actually follow significant teams.

Noname36

First Grade
Gee knights fans must be worried, already trying to talk us up to put the pressure
Im not going to play the "knights are much better than us, they should beat us" reverse psychology shit

the raiders are a much better football side and should win comfortably if they show up with the correct attitude.

That's questionable IMO. They have a better pack for sure (everyone has a better pack than the Knights), but I'd say the Knights' backs would have the Raiders' backs covered easily.

I'm still going to tip the Raiders though. Our record down in Canberra is pretty terrible, as is Bennett's record against Furner. I also can't see our forwards performing 3 weeks in a row.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Knights by a lot. Our side is unstablely bipolar.

That said I'd like to see the raiders put in a decent display at home for the long suffering fans.

WaznTheGreat

Referee
Bloody Raiders,i tip them and they run last by 60 lengths,i tip against them and they win hard held by 100 lengths

Draw o_O

Timmah

Staff member

:lol:

Requoted as "the Raiders continued the Dragons hoodoo 2009-11, and Canberra beat Newcastle earlier this year".