What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Leichhardt council to allow AFL to be played at Birchgrove Oval

I love how they complain that AFL trolls get short shrift here.. like Rugby League trolls get the run of bigfooty.. lol

Come to LU boys, don't be scared, don't wee your pants at the thought of getting whipped in TFC..

The bottom line on this one is that the AFL's story changed after it was revealed that their quoted playing numbers were bullshit..

Goddo

Bench
I can only hope that the AFL gets called out on its lies by jurnos more.

They post bs figures attending GWS games, bs player numbers...

The whole sport is a rubbery mess that can p!ss off back to Melbourne.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I wouldn't otherwise care to much about the bullshit but they are using it to rip off ordinary tax payers in NSW. It's quite the scam they have going on.

juro

Bench
Why the hell are AFL fans getting up in arms about this, and threatening politicians and journalists? Their code has been shown to be clearly in the wrong and they want to have a go at the people who have uncovered the truth and have made a just decision???

cleary89

Coach
What happened with Hurstville Oval last year where the cycle club & other codes were being kicked out to upgrade the field into AFL?

All I could find on google about the end result was http://www.theleader.com.au/news/local/news/general/cycling-club-is-back-on-track/2523179.aspx Does the AFL play there?

I doubt it.

Olds park (st george afl club home ground) had turf relaid in feb or so, then pulled up in ~march to put in drainage (in this order, wtf?).

They also have just laid the slab for an increase to the club house 1/3 funded by afl, 1/3 by council and 1/3 by the club.

I wouldn't otherwise care to much about the bullshit but they are using it to rip off ordinary tax payers in NSW. It's quite the scam they have going on.

Yep, they've done well out of it. Blacktown Council put up plenty for their white elephant (although, that was more to do with the incumbent mayor having a dummy spit at the NRL) and the State Government putting up plenty for a stadium that is about 3 times the capacity required by the Breakfast Point AFL team..

Hopeful our pollies will remember the old adage "Once bitten, twice shy".

El Diablo

Post Whore
means they probably only play Auskick at school and don't ever actually play a game of AFL'

that's my guess

Cletus

First Grade
means they probably only play Auskick at school and don't ever actually play a game of AFL'

that's my guess

That's exactly what it means and it was hilarious to see them suddenly add them when they came clean on their lies about player numbers.
It looks a lot more reasonable than the Birchgrove proposal, the soccer club were going to lose it's use for training for the entire week as well as on weekends.

elbusto

Coach
I love that press release. It is missing one paragraph though:

'We fudged our figures and got caught red handed. Now we are trying to spin our way out of it'!

I also posted this in TFC.
Can anyone confirm this.
on sports morning 1017 they even downsized it from 238 to 166 players in that local area.They said in the 238 they included coaches,runners,umpires and team mascots.

typicalfan

Coach
i'd say the aim was for Soccer to be moved

AFL fears Soccer as was seen in the WC bid
This is the real battle for the west/sydney etc. We all know it, soccer is the closest natural competitior to AFL in this country because it threatens their demographic and their name.

elbusto

Coach
I also posted this in TFC.
Can anyone confirm this.
on sports morning 1017 they even downsized it from 238 to 166 players in that local area.They said in the 238 they included coaches,runners,umpires and team mascots.
http://www.2ky.com.au/media/podcasts/mediafiles.php?pid=1

I listened to the Rugby League Podcast from today and the AFL one from yesterday morning and i do not think this is the case. The AFL podcast with some bloke called 'Harley' is hilarious. The AFL spin he spews out is outrageous and the commentators take the piss out of him asking if having a 'kick to kick' equals being a registered AFL player.

It is clear he is on the defensive and, just like our Bigpoody mates, blames the media for the clear exagerration (fraud?) commited by the AFL. Problem is the interviewers know he is ful of shit and basically tell him so!

Cletus

First Grade
Some of the usual suspects at BF seem to think the afl has somehow been vindicated. I'm glad they finally got called on their dodge numbers and aggressive tactics in pushing out other sports.

Latest posts