What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | 2nd PF | Sat | Bulldogs 32-8 Rabbitohs | ANZ

Preliminary Final result: Bulldogs v Rabbitohs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-cby-main.jpg

1. Ben Barba 2. Sam Perrett 3. Josh Morris 4. Krisnan Inu 5. Jonathan Wright 6. Josh Reynolds 7. Kris Keating
8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Ennis 10. Sam Kasiano 11. Frank Pritchard 12. Josh Jackson 13. Greg Eastwood

Interchange: 14. James Graham 15. Dale Finucane 16. Corey Payne 17. David Stagg
Reserves: 19. Dene Halatau

2012teams-sou-alt.jpg

1. Greg Inglis 2. Nathan Merritt 3. Chris McQueen 4. Dylan Farrell 5. Andrew Everingham 6. John Sutton 7. Adam Reynolds
8. Luke Burgess 9. Issac Luke 10. Roy Asotasi 11. Sam Burgess 12. Dave Taylor 13. Michael Crocker

Interchange: 14. Nathan Peats 15. Dave Tyrrell 16. Eddy Pettybourne 17. Ben Lowe
Reserves: 18. Justin Hunt 19. Jason Clark

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referees
Shayne Hayne and Ben Cummins
Sideline Officials: Paul Holland and Luke Potter
Video Referees: Chris Ward and Bernard Sutton

Toyota Cup Preliminary Finals
3:05pm - Tigers v Roosters
5:05pm - Raiders v Dragons

VB NSW Cup Preliminary Final
Bulldogs v Newtown Jets (NRL Roosters) at Leichhardt, Sunday 3:00pm

nrl-fw3cbysou.jpg

Last edited:
Saturday the 22nd cannot come fast enough:( This is going to be huge, you would assume all the talk this week will be on South Sydney and if they can create the upset. I think Canberra made Souths look even better than what they were tonight, but should be a cracker of a match. Going to say Dogs by 6, in front of 77k fans.

Evenflow

Bench
Dogs, easily. If we can get over Manly i'd rather play Rabbits but i just cant see them beating the Dogs.

natheel

Coach
good to see Rabbits this close to the GF

i hope the refs leave this one alone and let both teams to fight it out evenly

Manly will be playing one of these teams in the GF

I'll say Rabbitohs for a 'blockbuster' GF

the dude

Juniors
While I'm definitely on a high, this is gonna be a big ask. I'm just looking forward to the game and the atmosphere.

BranVan3000

Coach
Saturday the 22nd cannot come fast enough:( This is going to be huge, you would assume all the talk this week will be on South Sydney and if they can create the upset. I think Canberra made Souths look even better than what they were tonight, but should be a cracker of a match. Going to say Dogs by 6, in front of 77k fans.

I hope there isn't much talk on us, it never seems to do us any good

Red Bear

Referee
Didn't souffs beat Manly in 71?
No, St George.

Fun fact - Canterbury loses preliminary finals every 3 years. 2003 to the Roosters, 2006 in an impressive choke against the Broncos and 2009 to the fast finishing Eels. Will the trend continue?

Souths have beaten Canterbury once this season and are certainly capable of doing it again. The big forward isnt such a big issue as Souths can handle that sort of side, it's sides with a quality spine (Manly and Melbourne) that cause the most grief for the Rabbits. Mind you Barba is very impressive but beyond that the spine of the Dogs is full of good ordinary players, off the back of a very good forward pack and dangerous centres.

Should be a cracking game, Bulldogs favourites, Souths well and truely in with a chance.

Galeforce

Bench
Were the Inca's right about 2012 being end of the world?.
If so ,then it should rightly end after a Souths victory or is a Souths victory needed to save the world and restore the equilibrium to the universe.
I do not know just thinking

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
3 things that I took from the souths v raiders game.

1 Luke has to start. His performance was outstanding and at his best he is the equal of smith or Farah.
2 souths beat us with minimal input from GI. He remains the best player in the comp ATM.
3 Burgess at 2nd row is a better option for souths. He can run wider and target smaller players.

I'm tipping souths by 4.

AnfieldIron

Juniors
We won fairly easily in the end last night, but we'll need to go to a different level to beat the Doggies.

We were getting torn to shreds through the ruck at times, and we certainly cannot let the Dogs make 60+ metres in some of their sets like we did the Raiders.

It depends what type of game the Bulldogs want to play. We seem to struggle when we get in an arm wrestle contest, and the Dogs have the players like Tolman and James Graham to make it that type of game if they want.

However, if it's an open game and they let us get a roll on, with Issac getting good ball from quick PTBs, then all bets are off.

So, so excited for this. I've waited my whole life to go to a Grand Final Qualifier - and in terms of atmosphere we probably couldn't have asked for a better opposition than the Dogs.

Souths 26 - Doggies 22 in front of 68,000 people.

Latest posts