What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'12 | Test | Sat 13 Oct | AUS 18-10 NZ | Dairy Farmers

Post-Season Test winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2012teams-aus-main.jpg

1. Billy Slater
2. Darius Boyd 3. Greg Inglis 4. Josh Morris 5. Brett Morris
6. Johnathan Thurston 7. Cooper Cronk
8. Matthew Scott 9. Cameron Smith 10. James Tamou
11. Greg Bird 12. Paul Gallen
13. Nate Myles

Interchange: 14. Robbie Farah 15. Ryan Hoffman
16. David Shillington 17. Tony Williams

Reserves: 18. Ben Te'o 19. Josh Reynolds

2012teams-nzl-main.jpg

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Sam Perrett 3. Krisnan Inu 4. Dean Whare 5. Gerard Beale
6. Benji Marshall 7. Kieran Foran
8. Jesse Bromwich 9. Isaac Luke 10. Sam Kasiano
11. Frank Pritchard 12. Kevin Proctor
13. Simon Mannering

Interchange: 14. Elijah Taylor 15. Ben Matulino
16. Greg Eastwood 17. Adam Blair

Reserve: 18. Sam McKendry

2012ref-pink.jpg

Referee
Ben Cummins (AUS)
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner (AUS) and Shane Rehm (NZL)
Video Referee: Paul Simpkins (AUS) and Leon Williamson (NZL)

Curtain Raiser #1: Palm Island v Australian Army, 2:50pm local AEST (3:50pm AEDT)

Curtain Raiser #2: Junior Kangaroos v Junior Kiwis, 4:00pm local AEST (5:00pm AEDT)

Twitter Tag #AUSvNZ
Follow LU @LeagueUnlimited

Last edited:

Saints fan

Juniors
Difficult to see us getting up in this one. We might stick with the Kangaroos for 40 minutes but they will finish over the top of us.

Kangaroos 13+.

user_nat

Coach
Feels like this game is the least hyped Aus/NZ game ever. Ever since being announced.
At least it is sold out, which is good to see after a fairly lackluster year of crowds in Townsville.

Australia by 20.

Springs

First Grade
Well I hardly care for it, mainly because it's all they're doing. If it was the first game of a tournament it might be more interesting.

Billythekid

First Grade
That NZ team looks so incredibly average. This will probably come back to bite me but it's hard to see them even competing with Australia. Wouldn't be at all suprised to see a blowout.

why is reynolds 19th man and barba is twiddling his thumbs

Where can they get picked? The only possible spot for them to be is on the bench and clearly that spot is going to Farah.

Well I hardly care for it, mainly because it's all they're doing. If it was the first game of a tournament it might be more interesting.

Pretty much this. When you consider how bad NZ are in one offs and then look at their squad it's hard to be excited. I mean i'm still looking forward to it but i understand why casual fans aren't.

That plus nothing in the NRL really gets hyped (except SOO). Hopefully that starts changing a little from next year.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The 2-5 of nz is pretty terrible. Beale and whare aren't even good first graders. I know matai, skd, nightingale, vatuvai and ropati are injured but surely they have better somewhere?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
2-5 terrible?

Inu and Perrett have been outstanding. Don't understand Whare given he's barely kept a FG spot, Beale's incumbent isn't he?

Whare and Beale are really only there because Nightingale's injured anyway.

Billythekid

First Grade
2-5 terrible?

Inu and Perrett have been outstanding. Don't understand Whare given he's barely kept a FG spot, Beale's incumbent isn't he?

Whare and Beale are really only there because Nightingale's injured anyway.

Beale has been embarrasingly bad this year and Whare isn't near test level. Inu has been good but he's wildly inconsistent and who knows what player will show up this weekend. Perrett is a sure bet but overall i wouldn't feel at all confident going against Australias 2-5 with that line-up, could be a blood bath.

I think there is too much focus on their 2-5 anyway at the moment. They are completely outclassed at 1,6,7,9 and their forward pack looks average and is going to get smashed.

diggo

Juniors
I totally agree with the sentiment here. Australia out-classes the Kiwis across the park. The 12.5 points start the bookies are offering won't be enough. Australia will only need to lift to 3rd gear for a win here. Could easily be an embarrassing 30+ point margin by the final siren.

I'm all over Aus (-12.5) @ $1.85. I'll be taking higher margins when they are released for some real good value.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Aussies 13+, but Beale to play a blinder to pull down the pants of anyone who ever doubted the Steve Price masterstroke of signing him at Saints

IanG

Coach
Also they're talking about the conditions in Townsville. Well I was at the Test in Newcastle last year and it was a hot day that day and the Kangaroos gave the Kiwis as touch up. Even though this is an evening game.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Matulino has been a beast for the last two seasons and is up there with Tamou as the best prop in the game. He's got to start surely.

I can see a 20 plus margin here unfortunately.

Billythekid

First Grade
Matulino has been a beast for the last two seasons and is up there with Tamou as the best prop in the game. He's got to start surely.

I can see a 20 plus margin here unfortunately.

Kasiano is starting. Matulino should be on in the first 10 minutes anyway.