What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2013 Draw wishlist

Big Sam

First Grade
Good idea. Means at least 7 out of the 8 games will be live for the first four rounds.

Also by my calculations that means the official opening match is Thursday 7th March. Is this correct?

Big Sam

First Grade
wtf? Stupid idea, takes away the novelty

Would you rather watch a game on 2 hr delay on Friday night with Hadley commentating?

At least this guarantees one live game at 7.30pm on both Thursday and Friday nights nationwide (and with Rabs commentating both - not Hadley) for the month of March.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Also by my calculations that means the official opening match is Thursday 7th March. Is this correct?

not if the China game goes ahead
( my mate in the raiders front office reckons its 70/30 now )
the official season opening game would be on Feb 23rd Manly V Raiders .. the sat night televised on Fox
the charity shield will be on the night before

then the rest of the round then commences on Thursday March 7th

Big Sam

First Grade
the official season opening game would be on Feb 23rd Manly V Raiders .. the sat night televised on Fox
the charity shield will be on the night before

Aha! I questioned why they put us and St Merge on the Friday night and nobody was able to come up with an answer. That makes a lot of sense though.

But will Canberra and Manly play on the 7th-11th weekend or have a 3 week break until Round 2?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Not sure if this was picked up

Roosters and Rabbitohs to kick off 2013
The NRL is planning another blockbuster to kick-off the 2013 season on a Thursday night.

However, Canterbury boss Todd Greenberg looks unlikely to be granted his wish of a season-opening grudge match against a Sydney Roosters side containing Sonny Bill Williams.

Following a meeting of club chief executives on Thursday, the NRL announced it would kick-off the first four rounds of the season with a Thursday night fixture.

The 2013 NRL draw, including the days and times of each match for the first 20 rounds won't be finalised until mid-November, but a Roosters v South Sydney round one Thursday night showdown before a bumper crowd is looming as the ideal way for Channel Nine to begin its new broadcasting deal.

The two matches between the Roosters and Rabbitohs this year were among the most memorable games of the season, with both clashes between the bitter rivals being decided in the final seconds of play.

Matches between the foundation clubs have been a tradition feature of the NRL's opening round for a number of seasons now and it is understood Channel Nine and both the Roosters and the Rabbitohs are keen to continue that on the opening day of the year at Allianz Stadium.

The 2011 season began on a Friday night with another epic contest between the Rabbitohs and the Roosters, while this year started on a Thursday night with a Wayne-Bennett coached Newcastle coming up against his former club St George-Illawarra.

Greenberg had been keen for Canterbury to host an opening round match against a side containing former Bulldog Williams - who is yet to be confirmed as a Roosters signing for 2013.

Williams controversially walked out on the Bulldogs midway through the 2008 season to play rugby union in France.

But it is increasingly unlikely to happen with the Roosters and Rabbitohs eyeing off the round one opener, in what would be a mouth-watering start to the new season.

The match is sure to be afforded star billing given the Rabbitohs fantastic season this year, and the hype surrounding Williams' probable signing with the Roosters and the acquisition at Bondi Junction of rookie coach Trent Robinson.

It is the Roosters turn to host the round one match.

New Roosters chief operating officer commercial Ted Helliar was reluctant to be drawn on a Thursday night start between the arch enemies until the draw was finalised.
But he did say: "Obviously it is the desire of both clubs to play against each other in round one as has been the case for a number of years.

"And it would be a great opportunity for the members, sponsors, players and staff of both the Roosters and the Rabbitohs to be involved in the first game of the season, no better way to kick off 2013."

http://nrl.com/roosters,-rabbitohs-set-to-kick-off-2013/tabid/10874/newsid/70264/default.aspx

Matty_C

Juniors
I wouldn't mind to see the sharks vs dragons or sharks vs tigers or sharks vs panthers. But I would prefer sharks and dragons, they are nuts!

Timmah

Staff member
http://www.dragons.com.au/redv-faqs-2013

TBA March 2013 First home game at WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah
TBA March 2013 First home game at WIN Stadium, Wollongong

Looks like the Dragons will be splitting home games evenly this year instead of in two blocks as with the previous two seasons (which makes sense with no major works going on anymore).

Timmah

Staff member
Yes.

Was there a need for the smart-arse remark? You really seem to be going out of your way to be a nark to people :?

Expansion

Juniors
I'm just commenting on the topic at hand, thus the reason I haven't replied to anyone's comments about me (simply, I do not care). I haven't targeted anyone or attack any poster on here. If anyone has a issue with any of my post I would say it has more to do with that person than me. I hope this kind of posting is restricted to the off-season with everyone bored without games being played.

If anyone has any issue with my post I'm open to feedback, send me a PM or post on my page and I'll get back to you.

I'll go back to posting about the topic.

Timmah

Staff member
Then why not address people in some sort of polite manner instead of coming across like a belligerent moron?

Yes, everyone else, I get the irony. :p

Expansion

Juniors
You must have some issues if you continue to resort to name calling. I won't be getting into that immature mess or games. As I have said, I've only comment on topics. I haven't addressed anyone.

Latest posts