What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Big Bash League 2012/13

Someone

Bench
a game of cricket is never won/lost by any one bowler or batter. Sorry, but its a total team sport.

Patorick

Staff member
http://www.bigbash.com.au/news-and-videos/2013/01/17/warne-reported-for-code-of-behaviour-breach

Cricket Australia (CA) has today advised that Shane Warne has been reported for breaching CA’s Code of Behaviour in tonight’s KFC T20 Big Bash League BIG SEMI FINAL between the Melbourne Stars and Perth Scorchers.

Warne is alleged to have breached Rule 5: Laws of Cricket and Spirit of the Game. On 5 December 2012, KFC T20 Big Bash League teams were sent a Memo by Cricket Australia. Under the heading “Over Rates”, the Memo stated that “If a team’s official captain is selected but not named as captain, this will be considered against the Spirit of Cricket and may attract a Code of Behaviour charge.”

For tonight’s match, James Faulkner was listed on the Melbourne Stars team sheet as captain and took part in the coin toss with Perth Scorchers captain Simon Katich. Warne had previously been issued with one strike for a slow over rate violation, with a second strike this season resulting in an automatic one-match suspension.

The time and date of the hearing is yet to be determined.
Heh.

This league is starting to grow on me, I love the fact that there's a lot to play for so there's plenty of fire and emotion. Sure beats watching 3 days of boring test cricket between NZ and SA or even between Sri Lanka and Aus. May follow it more closely next year.

Timbo

Staff member
I'm glad CA called bullshit on that stunt. He deserves to be pinged.

undertaker

Coach
Walking Past the team rooms after the game and I saw Cameron White and he looked like he was bout to cry

:lol:So much for being nicknamed "The Bear"

I'm glad CA called bullshit on that stunt. He deserves to be pinged.

Well, it's no point CA reporting him if they aren't going to properly discipline him. They had the chance to do it with the brouhaha he had with Samuels but when you get the CEO of CA speaking in defense of your bad behaviour, they've already set a dangerous precedent.

This league is starting to grow on me, I love the fact that there's a lot to play for so there's plenty of fire and emotion. Sure beats watching 3 days of boring test cricket between NZ and SA or even between Sri Lanka and Aus. May follow it more closely next year.

I'm sorry, but you don't understand the meaning of "cricket". T20 is a bastardisation of what many half-witted Gen-Y'ers call 'cricket'.

Last edited:

knights22

Juniors
What a dreadful way for Warney to finish his career (most likely). He is getting more and more mental as he gets older. Glad the Scorchers won because as a Heat fan I can at least handle losing to them.

gUt

Coach
I don't get the hatred for the BBL. I'm a fan, I watch every match and so does my missus. State based 20/20 or this form: either way is fine with me. FTR Test cricket is my preferred form but its a false dichotomy to say if you like 20/20 in general and the BBL in particular you're somehow not a real fan of the sport. You can have both; why not?

El Diablo

Post Whore
I don't get the hatred for the BBL. I'm a fan, I watch every match and so does my missus. State based 20/20 or this form: either way is fine with me. FTR Test cricket is my preferred form but its a false dichotomy to say if you like 20/20 in general and the BBL in particular you're somehow not a real fan of the sport. You can have both; why not?

I don't like it's current format and preferred the 6 team state based version

I have no interest in the current teams where previously i had NSW

State based with everyone playing each other twice

gUt

Coach
With or without overseas imports?

Would the state sides be allowed to go to the icl? I guess they would

MSIH

Bench

Well put. I'm the same.

Any cricket is better than no cricket.

jargan83

Coach
I don't have a problem with 20/20 Cricket but I preferred the state based comp, if they wanted extra teams maybe bring one in from the ACT or something

Having said that I will be at the final tomorrow

aussies1st

Staff member
Definitely prefer the State based one, I still get confused like when seeing Tom Cooper in Red playing for Melbourne playing against Adelaide.

aussies1st

Staff member
Brisbane did well making the final when you looking at their side, very similar to the Thunder but they have better players outside of their big guns.

Latest posts