What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has Fox confirmed that they will broadcast RLWC games?

Hey guys, title says it all. I just ordered foxtel purely for the NRL season and the RLWC. Has fox actually confirmed that they will show the RLWC games that Nine won't yet though?

I'd be gutted if I couldn't watch every game! :)

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Should be able to see every game, 9 or fox will have their pick for their games because god knows they just paid enough for the NRL/SOO and some tests, they'll definitely not want any other TV station showing any high profile RL for the foreseeable future..

Clarke

Juniors
Would be interesting if 9 bids at all.

Yes, Australia games could rate better then whatever else they are going to show at those times in the morning and will probably rate okay in the afternoon but they'll have to weigh up if it's worth the cash.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Would be interesting if 9 bids at all.

Yes, Australia games could rate better then whatever else they are going to show at those times in the morning and will probably rate okay in the afternoon but they'll have to weigh up if it's worth the cash.

What do you mean if 9 bid at all?

:lol:

Clarke

Juniors
And why is that?

Did the NRL sell something that the RLIF own? The TV rights to the World Cup?

P.S I only replied as a smartarse due to you portraying one with the use of such a emoticon/Smilie/whatever.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Why would they let someone else have the rights when the two stations with the other Australian RL rights have just paid $1.3 Billion for the privilege?

RL has not been shown on any other TV station outside of SBS and the ABC which are Government own stations who can't bid for high profile sports for at least 20 years now.

9 and fox would be mad to let the RLWC TV rights slip through to someone else and I just can't see it happening, not in this lifetime.

Big Sam

First Grade
I hope some of our commentators, be they 9 or Fox, get sent over to cover it. Watching Roos games with 'Eddie and Stevo' commentating is more excruciating than Warriors home games.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I hope some of our commentators, be they 9 or Fox, get sent over to cover it. Watching Roos games with 'Eddie and Stevo' commentating is more excruciating than Warriors home games.
Agreed, but hopefully all the Australia games will be on FTA over here so will have different commentary.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I love hearing Eddie and Stevo call Australian games. Their whining is so worth it when they inevitably lose.

Clarke

Juniors
Why would they let someone else have the rights when the two stations with the other Australian RL rights have just paid $1.3 Billion for the privilege?

RL has not been shown on any other TV station outside of SBS and the ABC which are Government own stations who can't bid for high profile sports for at least 20 years now.

9 and fox would be mad to let the RLWC TV rights slip through to someone else and I just can't see it happening, not in this lifetime.

If you can't see it happening doesn't mean it won't, not that I am saying it will.

I was leaning towards Fox Sports showing all the games.

Is it even definite that all wc games will be televised in the uk??

Pretty sure all games of the World Cup have to be Televised