What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

May your submissions suck

gUt

Coach
...so you don't take my place :sarcasm: :D

Hi all, thought there might be interest from some of you in this:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-04-12/short-story-competition/4622298?section=sport

Grandstand Short Story Competition
Updated Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:31pm AEST

Grandstand wants to hear about your sporting unsung hero.

Tell us about your unsung hero of Australian sport for a chance to appear alongside your favourite Grandstand commentators in the inaugural ABC Grandstand Anthology to be published by ABC Books in December 2013.

How to Enter:

All stories must be an original short story by the submitting writer, not previously published, and conform to the word length of 1,500-2,000 words.

Stories must be typed, on A4 paper, double spaced and in 12-point Times New Roman typeface.

No entry form required. Author’s name, address, telephone number and email address must be submitted along with the entry.

Send to:

ABC Grandstand Sports Writing Short Story Competition

GPO Box 9994

Sydney NSW 2001

Or email grandstand.competitions@abc.net.au

Opening Date:

9:00am (AEST) April 15, 2013

Closing Date:

5:00pm (AEST) May 31, 2013

Writers of winning entries agree to have the story edited and proofread by ABC Books as part of its preparation for publication. Winners will be notified by June 28, 2013.

The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence will be entered into.

Would be great if one (or more) of us got in spreading the word about the greatest game. My submission is about another sport altogether so I'm not exactly flying the flag.

Anyway, good luck and let us know how you go. If you get selected (or don't), why not post your submission in this thread just for interest.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
By unsung, do they mean something like the U/10's coach for Brighton le Sands rugby league (as an example)..?

gUt

Coach
I only know what's on that site Drew but I'd say that'd be the standard fare for this.

Latest posts