What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | Women in League R10 | Sun | Knights 44-8 Bulldogs | Hunter

Round 10: Knights v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2013teams-new-main.jpg

1. Darius Boyd
2. James McManus 3. Dane Gagai 4. Joseph Leilua 5. Akuila Uate
6. Jarrod Mullen 7. Tyrone Roberts
8. Kade Snowden 9. Kurt Gidley (c) 10. Willie Mason
11. Robbie Rochow 12. Alex McKinnon
13. David Fa’alogo

Interchange: 14. Travis Waddell 15. Neville Costigan 16. Adam Cuthbertson 17. Korbin Sims

2013teams-cby-main.jpg

1. Ben Barba
2. Mitch Brown 3. Josh Morris 4. Krisnan Inu 5. Sam Perrett
6. Josh Reynolds 7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Ennis 10. Sam Kasiano
11. Tony Williams 12. Frank Pritchard
13. Greg Eastwood

Interchange: 14. Dene Halatau 15. Josh Jackson 16. James Graham 17. Dale Finucane
Reserves: 20. Martin Taupau 21. Tim Browne

2013teams-ref-pink.jpg

Referees:
Jason Robinson & Gavin Morris

Sideline Officials: Paul Holland & Dave Ryan
Video Referees: Jared Maxwell & Justin Morgan

Holden Cup Under 20's Round 10
Knights v Bulldogs @ Hunter, Sun 12:45pm

VB NSW Cup Round 10
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles (MAN) v Newcastle Knights (NEW) @ Brookvale, Sat 3:00pm
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs (CBY) v Auckland Vulcans (WAR) @ Belmore, Sat 3:00pm

nrl-wilr10newcby.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
The Knights are gonna struggle for the rest of the year. How they go in this game rests on Mullen's condition.

Barba to have another quiet victory by 8.

Swarzey

Bench
With Mullen back, our attack should be much better. After not having Gidley for the most part of the year, he's become our inspirational leader so I can't see us having another horrible game. Also, we're at home again and if it wasn't for that disgraceful video ref call, we would still be undefeated there. That said, Inu is back for them this week so they'll be at full strength minus Keating if I'm not mistaken.

I guess it's another week as to which Knights team rocks up to the ground.

Peter_phelps

Juniors
I think the knights will definitely improve from today's shocker, but having said that they are playing the Bulldogs at the wrong time after some gutsy wins. Going to be a tough match, but I think the Dogs will snatch this one.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Could the Knights get any worse following yesterdays weak effort? Of course they can, its bloody Drugcastle after all.

Princess Darius will try and use his crystal tiara to stop players instead of his shoulders and Dropsy McUate will hand try after try to the blue and whites.

Bulldogs by 40

Rod

Bench
This actually has the potential to be a very good game. I assume Mullen will be back, which helps us markedly. Hopefully Wayne gives them some epic sprays during the week and I can only assume we have enough pride that we won't play like dogshit 2 weeks in a row, especially at home.

The Dogs have been improving meanwhile but they're still nowhere near their best. They'll see us as vulnerable and a good chance to continue their march up the ladder.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The Dogs will be favourites and so they should be, but we won't be as bad as we were yesterday.

Wouldn't surprise me at all if the Knights get up such is the Jekyll and Hyde nature of the team...

Moffo

Referee
Scared to face the knights after the Canberra game

We are still playing shit. Will be close. Inu is a big in for us

Packy

Bench
I like us in the forwards. If we have possession we will win. I am afraid that if we drop too much ball or give away penalties we'll suffer.

perverse

Referee
It's going to depend on how we react to the loss in Canberra. Wayne has dropped 2 high profile leaders in Houston and Tahu from the team and put everyone else on notice. If they respond positively to that, and Mullen plays, we could be quite dangerous. If they respond negatively and/or Mullen needs another week off, we could cop another touch up.

The next month or so will probably define the rest of our season. A win here would be a tremendous response to the abortion that was the Canberra match... but more than anything we just need a strong performance, regardless of the result.

Noname36

First Grade
Good to finally have a coach who has the balls to drop long-serving players that aren't performing. Tahu was absolutely awful against the Raiders, and the only thing Houston has ever shown is ineffective attack and a lot of errors. Not happy that he'll be replaced by Costigan but he really is the only option at the moment. I'd like to see them both out of first grade when Smith and Scott return.

Good to see the changes but ultimately our chances will rest on Mullen and how the side responds to last week's debacle.

ceagle

Bench
Bulldogs gaining some form and inu back hard to not tip them, but I'm expecting Knights to bounce back from their performance last week at home. Knights at $2.30 is good value.

Silent Knight

First Grade
Doggies by as much hommus and tabouli as you can eat. You only need to shake your bumbag at this pack of mental midgets masquerading as the Newcastle Knights NRL team and they'll fall apart at the seams. Weak, pathetic, deadset farkin' useless the lot of them.