What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

'13 | Women in League R10 | Sat | Cowboys 8-12 Roosters | 1300SMILES

Round 10: Cowboys v Roosters

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member

2013teams-nql-pink.jpg

1. Matthew Bowen
2. Ashley Graham 3. Brent Tate 4. Kane Linnett 5. Antonio Winterstein
6. Johnathan Thurston (c) 7. Ray Thompson
8. Matthew Scott (c) 9. Rory Kostjasyn 10. James Tamou
11. Tariq Sims 12. Gavin Cooper
13. Dallas Johnson

Interchange: 14. Scott Moore 15. Glenn Hall 16. Ashton Sims 17. Scott Bolton
Reserve: 18. Jason Taumalolo

2013teams-syd-alt.jpg

1. Anthony Minichiello (c)
2. Daniel Tupou 3. Michael Jennings 4. Shaun Kenny-Dowall 5. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
6. James Maloney 7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves 9. Jake Friend 10. Martin Kennedy
11. Mitchell Aubusson 12. Sonny Bill Williams
13. Boyd Cordner

Interchange: 14. Daniel Mortimer 15. Frank Paul Nuuausala 16. Aidan Guerra 17. Luke O'Donnell

2013teams-ref-yell.jpg

Referees:
Ashley Klein & Gavin Reynolds

Sideline Officials: Jeff Younis & Adam Gee
Video Referees: Paul Mellor & Neil Wharton

Holden Cup Under 20's Round 10
Cowboys v Roosters @ 1300SMILES, Sat 5:15pm

QRL ISC Round 10
Wynnum Manly Seagulls (BRI) v Northern Pride (NQL) @ BMD Kougari Oval, Sun 2:00pm
Souths Logan Magpies v Mackay Cutters (NQL) @ Davies Park, Sun 3:00pm

VB NSW Cup Round 10
Wests Tigers (WST) v Newtown Jets (SYD) @ Leichhardt, Sat 3:00pm

nrl-wilr10nqlsyd.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Danish

Referee
I'm flying up there for this one. First trip to townsville so should be interesting. Whats the weather like this time of year up there anyway? I'm assuming I won't be needing a jumper at the ground?

As for the actual game, I was confident of a win prior to the JWH and Friend suspensions, but now it's a bit iffy. Mortimer I think can cover the hooking role well enough, with Seluini added to the bench. But replacing Hargraves is pretty well impossible, especially since Sam Moa is already out.

Cowboys will be rightful favourites, but I'll still back us home

Tommy Smith

Referee
I'm flying up there for this one. First trip to townsville so should be interesting. Whats the weather like this time of year up there anyway? I'm assuming I won't be needing a jumper at the ground?

As for the actual game, I was confident of a win prior to the JWH and Friend suspensions, but now it's a bit iffy. Mortimer I think can cover the hooking role well enough, with Seluini added to the bench. But replacing Hargraves is pretty well impossible, especially since Sam Moa is already out.

I thought Friend got off with just a few points?

The weather up here atm is perfect. Shouldn't rain so great conditions for side to side attacking football. Some locals up here might find it a bit chilly at night but they're just geniused. Being a Sydney boy you'll find the night conditions perfect.

BDR

First Grade

Beautiful weather in NQ this time of year, I'm jealous that you get to go there and be at the game. Where are you staying?

Why the f**k would we be favourites?? If you haven't noticed we are in abysmal form. We've got a sniff, but that's it.

Valheru

Coach
Real danger game for us here. Back to back tough road trips with a short turn around and you would have to think the roosters have one eye on Melbourne

BCH

Juniors
Great, isn't Ashley Klein the video ref who tipped JWH to be sent off last week...

Danish

Referee
Beautiful weather in NQ this time of year, I'm jealous that you get to go there and be at the game. Where are you staying?

Why the f**k would we be favourites?? If you haven't noticed we are in abysmal form. We've got a sniff, but that's it.

Staying somewhere called Q Resorts Holburn I believe. Flying up with the missus and my dad on the saturday then flying back on sunday... so a very short stay.

I actually thought you guys played pretty well against Souths. Couple bits of luck and you would have beat them so I am expecting a tough game. We'll also be without our starting props and hooker which isn't going to help us at all.

The bookies have us as even money by the looks which is probably about right IMO. If we do win I am expecting it to be on the back of defence

BDR

First Grade
Yeah fair enough, I just think our attack has been so stunted lately we're flat out scoring enough points to beat anybody, let alone a side sitting close to the top of the table.

I give us a chance but only if the attack clicks.

Tommy Smith

Referee
Staying somewhere called Q Resorts Holburn I believe. Flying up with the missus and my dad on the saturday then flying back on sunday... so a very short stay.

I actually thought you guys played pretty well against Souths. Couple bits of luck and you would have beat them so I am expecting a tough game. We'll also be without our starting props and hooker which isn't going to help us at all.

The bookies have us as even money by the looks which is probably about right IMO. If we do win I am expecting it to be on the back of defence

That's a pretty good spot in the ciity about 20-25 minutes drive to Dairy Farmers Stadium which is sort of on the outskirts of Townsville really.

I think we should be favourites. Robbo has created a "next man up" culture where the system and the work ethic is bigger than any individual. JWH is a loss, no doubt, but the way we're playing as a team should still be far too good for the Cowboys.

I for one hope we win because we haven't had a lot of success up here recently and im sick of copping shit from bogan deadshit Qlders with rats tails and 4 XXXX Gold shorts about 5 inch in length.

Tommy Smith

Referee
'The Boston Strangler' has come in to play halfback for the Cowboys.

Good move as he's their best no.7 but we should still have far too much for the grossly out of form Cowboys.

The Enforcer

Juniors
Every time i see JT walk out with the kids, you can see that he genuinely enjoys doing it and just doesn't do it for the sake of it.Great stuff JT.

Latest posts