What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What brought you to F7's?

Monk

Referee
Now that we're part-way into the season, most sides tend to ease up on the recruitment aspect of the game. Everyone's squads are pretty chocca's and that understandable. But what I want to know is how did you become a part of the Forum 7's community? We're you sent a PM out of the blue or did you find it by another means?

If you were sent a PM out of the blue, what made you want to accept the offer?

I even want to know how all you guys who have been playing for an eternity got involved. As-well as what gives you the drive to play season after season?

Just something I wanted to throw out to all you lads/lasses. Feel free to post a response when you have the time.

Cheers,
Monk.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Hi Monk!

How did i get into Forum 7s? It's a long story! LOL. I was originally part of another forum named nzwarriors.com or something can't really remember the name. I'd been posting there for quite a whole. Robster who seems to pop up here now and then was also posting there. He knew probably because I told him at some point or at least most of the people on that forum knew I was always writing in some capacity. He asked me about coming over here to LU for Forum7s early 2006. I thought why not and came across here and started with the Warriors. Most of the people on the team at the time were either regular posters here or at the other forum (even other league forums). Spent the first three years I thin, can't even remember exactly but played mainly for the Warriors had a grand final; then things went sour in the team involving me and a couple of people who I no longer talk to anyway, and found my way to the Rabbits. That's about it!

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
As for writing, been writing in some capacity since I was young, so young my mum tells me I used to write stories on napkins. No idea if that is a true story or not... I didn't start out writing sports stuff like articles I wrote a lot of stories that were animal related, or movie related and sport stories. Still write stories just for my own viewing mainly romance stuff. Being strictly article related took some getting used to but with time and practice I'm working on it.
Perhaps not as creative as I used to be as I get older but I do still write in some way, be it a rant on the blog or other stuff as long as I'm writing something. For me it is in a way a good way to relieve stress and just to air out things I may not say out loud.

Horrie Is God

First Grade
I received a PM out of the blue from Monk..

I went and sussed out the links he sent me & was intrigued,so i thought i'd have a crack..

I've only done one story so far,but i like the challenge F7's offers..

I just had to wrap my melon around the fact that i'd be representing $ouFF$..:shock:

soc123_au

Staff member
Same as Horrie, a PM from Monk. I had been in the F7s for a look about a year earlier. When I saw the quality of the articles I was impressed, but never considered having a go. After a bit of coaxing from Monk, here I am.

Danish

Referee
PM from Drewsta. TBH before the that pm I didn't even have a clue as to what the Forum 7s were, short of seeing various people bragging of their accomplishments with various signature graphics.

Looked into it, realised it was a writing thing, then signed up. Have always enjoyed writing since I was a kid so thought it would be a fun little side hobby

Tommy Smith

Referee
I got the PM from Monk. Ive always enjoyed writing in the some capacity, having dabbled in screenwriting as a hobby. But i never really considered F7s seriously until i got the invite.

Even then i was unsure due to time commitments. I didn't want to commit only to let people down! But here i am having just written my first article which will hopefully get a run soon.

Actually from Monk in 2009, he was going to captain the initial return of the Roosters, but I ended up doing it. Loved it ever since, had the keen eye for writing, that sorta goes to shit so reffing is definitely my thing. :lol:

eozsmiles

Bench
I'd seen the "F7's" heading in the forums but didn't know what it was for ages so had a quick look eventually.

Then I saw the recruitment thread in the pre-season, Joshie from the Ninja's got back to me in 5 minutes, and I was sorted!!!!

I've been a part of a few forums around the net on various sports and found that generally, even when reading myself, that short posts rule. People that want to form arguments or post long can get ignored a bit or something. And of course the forums rarely if ever offer an opening for creative writing. That's cool, I know the forums are more to do with current events. So the F7's appeal to me as an outlet for people that have a bit more to say than a one-liner.

Huge fan of the F7's.

ps God bless Packy and James' brother lol

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Just saw this! Boy, Monk, you're a talent scout aren't ya!

I think it was initially contacted by Seano, but never got into it. Willow then saw me posting on the forums and asked if I wanted to give it another crack.

Have been a Bluebag ever since, although I did have a brief stint with the Saints for a little while.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
I told everyone how good i was & let them chase me.

Sharks picked me up.

It was 10 years ago

Titanic

First Grade
In the euphoria of the Titans becoming an NRL franchise and feeling somewhat disenfranchised from the club in China, I sought out Titan's communities and stumbled on to the recruitment drive for a Titans team led by the inimitable Robster (I don't know how Monk missed me).

The team has evolved originally from my colleagues here in China (Titsandtans, Amadean (now in Japan), his father Tittoolate (in India), Titan Uranus (now in Beijing), TITs_ANonymouS (now in Thailand), bgdc (my wife), TTBB and more recently Misanthrope (now in Nanjing) plus Titan's stalwart Coaster. Bronco's man lockyno1 joined in our second year and this year we have added Madunit (because he is so great) and The Piper just because he is.

We didn't play last season because of collective work pressures but have re-joined hoping that the numbers will grow again and to ensure that we are around when Willow comes out of retirement.

Latest posts