What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mitchell Pearce

natheel

Coach
in reply to the original post - Wallace is better for NSW than Pearce.

Proof is in how Wallace has taken the reigns off a champion like Lockyer and is able to lead the Brisbane Broncos round the park. Pearce couldn't lead a herd of sheep through a 10 foot gap in the fence

tigertiger

Juniors
lol Johns Fittler and Daley have leaped to Pierce's defense. Just like they did to Michael Ennis.

*sigh, it will be 10 series wins before they can actually put their pride down and make a call.

I have been a fan of Mitchell, but my patience is running out. That was his 3rd decider and he has been very poor in all 3.

Wayne Pearce is a NSW legend, and is the only man to captain and coach the blues to a clean sweep. He may also be a Queensland legend because he didn't use a condom.

I think sadly for NSW fans & unbridled joy for QLD fans,that Pearce seems to be one of the "Certain Selections",if Sticky is coaching.
How these overhyped,overated players keep getting a gig is mind boggling.
Anyone who watches RL can see that Junior junior is one of the most overated player of the last 20 yrs.
He has the creativity of a labotomised Lab rat.

My first post here said that NSW will never win a series until they get rid of Gallen, Bird, Gidley, Pearce and Ennis.

Next year all except Ennis will run around again. The injury of Gidley was a blessing in disguise for NSW. Stuart adores Gidley. So if Stuart has any influence on selection next year, all except Ennis will return.

Gallen and Bird have made slight improvements to their problems, no I don't think that they bring nothing to NSW. Merely that along with their plus points they both have flaws which a very costly at Origin level. Both of them might be able to moderate their problems, which would change the ratio of risk to benefit. Gidley and Pearce go to water at Origin level. They are fine at club level, but benefit QLD at Origin level.

Gallen and Bird have made some steps to being less of a problem for NSW. The problem with the remaining two, Gidley and Pearce, is Stuart's stubborn refusal to admit that the people that he likes sometimes aren't the people for the job.

Godz Illa

Coach
2ictr_zps586d71ba.gif

Spot On

Coach
NSW had a two man overlap outside Mitch and he does that. Five on three. Must have got confused with his options - kick high or throw a flat, hospital pass to his outside runner. That was certainly a new Pearce attacking option he took. Grubber into the opposition to give them the ball back!!!! Great stuff. Roosters fans will lay blame on these brainsnaps on the forward pack though. I too believe we should have had more ball playing, kicking geniuses in our forward pack as that may have got us over the line.

Just waiting for neutralsupporter AKA sputneek AKA BestHalfbackPearce to chime in.....

Well, the pain of losing goes to make him a better Origin choice. He'll be dazzling next year and the year after and the year after.

Jason Maher

Immortal
What amazes me is his vision. Not many players could sum up that the 4 Queensland bench players were going to plug those holes out wide so the best option was to grubber the ball into the feet of a defender.

What amazes me is his vision. Not many players could sum up that the 4 Queensland bench players were going to plug those holes out wide so the best option was to grubber the ball into the feet of a defender.

Even more baffling, is the fact that the overlap that NSW had was on NSW's right side against QLD's left side defence yet Mythchell punts with his right foot toward NSW's left side.

What a brilliant tactician. I can see now why sputneek was so awed by BHP's
'book under the bed' prediction that Piss would be the Australian Captain eventually and why the Blues hierarchy is so earnest in their efforts to cap him as their eventual Captain. He is simply the most talented Rugby League player ever to lace up a pair of boots.

bottle

Coach
Should have won the Man of the Series award. Was best on field for Qld. A player of his calibre comes along once in a generation, or twice if Wayne Pearce had had twins.

Daley has already said its unlikely he'll drop him, so RBM could be on the money.
11 in a row anyone?

Mythchell Pus, a man close to the heart of Maroon fans everywhere.

Sir Biffo

Bench
People will one day ask "Where were you when Shitchell Pus' kick changed the world of origin playmaking?"

Dazzat

First Grade
Mitchell Pearce ... has a special place in the hearts of all Queenslanders.

Don't forget, it was also amazing defence by Queensland - choosing to give NSW a two man overlap while predicting that Pearce would take the worst possible option. It stops the try every time!

Latest posts