What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dream Team 2014

BrotherJim05

Bench
We've all made a few posts similar to this but I just want to get some thoughts on a realistic team for next year.
So lets assume that we do not sign any more players, Brooks puts on some size and learns to defend like a first grader, everyone is fit and healthy, Moltzen and Anasta move to England and Potter retains the head coaching roll.

What I would like to see:

1. Tedesco
2. Nufolama
3. Lawrence
4. Simona
5. Richards
6. Siro - (A John Sutton style 5/8 untill Moses is ready)
7. Brooks
8. Blair
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Paterson
12. Fulton
13. Halutau

14. Woods - (long minutes, James Graham style)
15. Taupau/Ava
16. Sue
17. BMM

This team actually looks like it has some grunt. Paterson is a big X factor in terms of whether he will deliver or not. He could add some real impact from the back row or just become a useless buy...only time will tell.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Koro in on the wing in place of Richards, Richards to fullback and Tedesco to reserves. Richards could shift to cover any injury and Tedesco then come in to fullback.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
1 - Simona
2 - Richards
3 - Nofoaluma
4 - Lawrence
5 - Koroibete
6 - Sironen
7 - Brooks
8 - Woods
9 - Farah
10 - Blair
11 - Paterson
12 - Fulton
13 - Sue

14 - Murdoch-Masila
15 - Sefamanufagai
16 - Galloway
17 - Halatau

But thats only if Tedesco shows no sign of improvement in the off-season

If he comes good, then we have an issue, it surrounds Richards. We've bought a guy in a position where we have great quality already and the only true asset he brings which we need is goalkicking ability.

If Tedesco comes good, then I'd contemplate giving the goalkicking duties to Sironen, If he had an offseason practising I reckon he could become quite good. He strikes the ball very cleanly and looks to have good control with his goalkicks already which is 75% of the job done.

BrotherJim05

Bench
I'm actually quite the opposite on Tedesco. It can be hard on a fullback when your team are leading the NRL in missed tackles, most tries conceded etc. I think he puts in 100% every game, is excellent under the high ball and is not afraid to put his body on the line. With time he will develop the skills required to chime into the backline.

Korobete in my opinion is just raw physical skill, which is something you cannot teach. He has not developed the footy intelligence yet and his ball handling is terrible. I think a nice long stint in NSW cup will help allow him to develop into a devastating player in the coming years.

BrotherJim05

Bench
In regards to Richards, I personally think it would be a huge waste not to play him in his preferred position. Yes we have great talent in the backs but we lack experience and Richards has this (and talent) in spades.

Also, I would not like to see two youngsters on the edge together.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I'm actually quite the opposite on Tedesco. It can be hard on a fullback when your team are leading the NRL in missed tackles, most tries conceded etc. I think he puts in 100% every game, is excellent under the high ball and is not afraid to put his body on the line. With time he will develop the skills required to chime into the backline.

Korobete in my opinion is just raw physical skill, which is something you cannot teach. He has not developed the footy intelligence yet and his ball handling is terrible. I think a nice long stint in NSW cup will help allow him to develop into a devastating player in the coming years.

Fair point. However Richards should play somewhere, so I'm happy if he can fit in on the wing.

magpie_man

Juniors
1 - Richards (Teddy)
2 - Simona
3 - Nofoaluma
4 - Lawrence
5 - Koroibete
6 - Austin
7 - Sironen
8 - Woods
9 - Farah
10 - Blair
11 - Paterson
12 - Fulton
13 - Sue

14 - Murdoch-Masila
15 - Taupau
16 - Galloway
17 - Brooks/Moses/Halatau

Mascot Tiger

Juniors
Richards will be in the team somewhere. He is our only viable option for goal kicking. Siro isn't a goalkicker.

I think Teddy may need a year in the reggies!

hybrid_tiger

Coach
1. Tedesco
2. Richards
3. Simona
4. Nofoaluma
5. Koroibete
6. Austin
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Fulton
12. Paterson
13. Blair

14. Sue
15. BMM
16. Taupau
17. Ava.S

Matchball

Bench
1. Tedesco
2. Richards
3. Simona
4. Nofoaluma
5. Koroibete
6. Austin
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Fulton
12. Paterson
13. Blair

14. Sue
15. BMM
16. Taupau
17. Ava.S

Are you suggesting Lawrence be on a long term contract in NSW cup?

Radical Rat

Juniors
1. Tedesco
2. Richards
3. Simona
4. Nofoaluma
5. Koroibete
6. Austin
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Fulton
12. Paterson
13. Blair

14. Sue
15. BMM
16. Taupau
17. Ava.S

No Sironen?

This is my team as well except I'd move Blair to Prop and Woods to come off the bench, but still play big minutes and come on against tired forwards to get his offloads going. Then Siro into lock. I'd have Tapau and Ava fight it out for the last bench prop spot. I must say I've been loving Ava lately.

1. Tedesco
2. Richards
3. Simona
4. Nofoaluma
5. Koroibete
6. Austin
7. Brooks
8. Blair
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Fulton
12. Paterson
13. Siro

14. Sue
15. BMM
16. Woods
17. Ava/Tapau

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
1. Tedesco
2. Koroibete
3. Lawrence
4. Simona
5. Nofoaluma
6. Sironen
7. Brooks
8. Woods
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. BMM
12. Fulton
13. Blair

14. Ava.S
15. Taupau
16. Sue
17. Paterson

I can't fit Richards in at the moment. I just think that Koro despite having mistakes in his game has explosive pace and we will need that.

I think it is going to get real tough to make the top team unless injuries hit. The halves and fullback are where we are weak but I think Tedesco gets first chance at fullback because he looks safe to me and seems to be developing a passing and kicking game when we are in attack as well.

Juniors
But that's only if Tedesco shows no sign of improvement in the off-season

I was a little critical of Tedesco until I saw Parras Mullaney VS us last round.

Teddy seems to always stifle the attack when we spread the ball, ala Mullaney before Hayne was back. Last week Hayne took on the line before going out the back to a sweeping Mullaney, on the back of that he notched up a couple Try Assists and grew as the game went on to pick up a man of the match performance. If Marshall has not run the ball this season you can bet your left nut hes not going to start now.

I also think the roll on that Galloway supplies will give our forwards and Farah opportunely to link up with Teddy in the middle, i cant recall too many times that an opportunely went missing because of a lack of support, we've been crap all over.

May as well join in the fun.

1. Tedesco
2. Richards
3. Lawrence
4. Simona
5. Koroibete
6. Austin
7. Brooks
8. Blair - the one we saw this year no other position, has to be in the middle
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Fulton - the defensive Fulton, not the other one ;-)
12. Sue
13. Siro

14. Murdoch-Masila - only when he comes on can he play the wide running back rower,
15. Woods - as BrotherJim said, James Graham style, I like that idea,
16. Sefamanufagai - to just play with some aggro in the middle both in attack and defense,
17. Paterson - the question mark but he is playing for a new contract, from day 1.

18. Tapau
19. Koroibete
20. Halatau

Last edited:
Ted has to learn to time his runs when supporting the forwards for an off load, if he continues to stand flat footed in the ruck he will never make a break,Potter being an ex fullback should be pointing this out to him.Other than that he is still miles ahead of that other imposter that used to fill this position.

May as well join in the fun.

1. Tedesco
2. Richards
3. Lawrence
4. Simona
5. Koroibete
6. Austin
7. Brooks
8. Blair - the one we saw this year no other position, has to be in the middle
9. Farah
10. Galloway
11. Fulton - the defensive Fulton, not the other one ;-)
12. Sue
13. Siro

14. Murdoch-Masila - only when he comes on can he play the wide running back rower,
15. Woods - as BrotherJim said, James Graham style, I like that idea,
16. Sefamanufagai - to just play with some aggro in the middle both in attack and defense,
17. Paterson - the question mark but he is playing for a new contract, from day 1.

18. Tapau
19. Koroibete
20. Halatau

That team is almost spot on.
Taupau is far ahead of Paterson.
Prefer an import instead of Fulton. Would be nice if Blair could pull his finger out and play backrow and actually get involved and be some service rather than sit out wide waiting all day.

That is the thing with Blair,when he is in the second row he plays wide and goes missing,at least at prop we are getting more out of him.

Latest posts