What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sonny Bill Williams

NRL should be bendin over with a blank cheque

• Total voters

NrlCoach

Juniors
Should the NRL do what ever it takes to keep him in the game. surly we finally have the $$$ to keep player like SBW in the game now :crazy:

I cant see the likes of demetriou leting a player like SBW go to anther code.

simostorm

Bench
He added to the occasion tonight. Without him.. Its not as good. So.. Keep him.. Pay him what he wants.. Its not my money. And I'd be happy to see roosters get a cap concession to keep him.

Johns Magic

Referee
The people bagging him are bitter tossers.

Appreciate the opportunity to watch a once in a generation player.

nrlnrl

First Grade
He's a guy who's making the most of his athletic ability in various sports - good luck to him.

No offer will stop him returning to rugby union. Obviously he wants to play in the 2015 Rugby World Cup, so it's just delaying the inevitable whether this year or next year is his last ever in the NRL.

Sure the Roosters would love to have him in their team next year for his playing skills & what he brings to the club via marketing, but what sacrifices would they have to make for only one more year ? ( when younger players might leave for better opportunities elsewhere )

NrlCoach

Juniors
He's a guy who's making the most of his athletic ability in various sports - good luck to him.

No offer will stop him returning to rugby union. Obviously he wants to play in the 2015 Rugby World Cup, so it's just delaying the inevitable whether this year or next year is his last ever in the NRL.

Sure the Roosters would love to have him in their team next year for his playing skills & what he brings to the club via marketing, but what sacrifices would they have to make for only one more year ? ( when younger players might leave for better opportunities elsewhere )
the only reason he went to rugby was the dogs wouldnt upgrade his 400k :lol: he went to rugby and instantly got 2 million for 2 years in fance. He already won a world cup in rugby. With 1billion tv deal this the chance for the nrl to offer a player like SBW a deal he cant refuse

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Sonny is a great talent.

He should pursue what he likes.

I would prefer him to seek challenge than money.

magpie4ever

First Grade
the only reason he went to rugby was the dogs wouldnt upgrade his 400k :lol: he went to rugby and instantly got 2 million for 2 years in fance. He already won a world cup in rugby. With 1billion tv deal this the chance for the nrl to offer a player like SBW a deal he cant refuse

WTF, he is a man, a player (who occasionally has a good one); not a f**king deity. You and the gaylord commentators are vomit.:cool:

MacDougall

First Grade
Hmm I think the NRL should give all the clubs a LOT MORE money. Way more of that 1 billion per year. And then raise the salary cap by a lot. And then the clubs could pay a guy like SBW what he's really worth.

SBW should go to the states and trial in the NFL. He's that sort of natural talent I bet he'd pick it up immediately and star.

magpie4ever

First Grade
Hmm I think the NRL should give all the clubs a LOT MORE money. Way more of that 1 billion per year. And then raise the salary cap by a lot. And then the clubs could pay a guy like SBW what he's really worth.

SBW should go to the states and trial in the NFL. He's that sort of natural talent I bet he'd pick it up immediately and star.

That would be an early death.

Vic Mackey

Referee
The bloke is unbelievable, when he left lots said he wouldn't be missed and there would be another SBW to take his place. I have yet to see anyone who can do what he does. His skills are best shown off in our game, the NRL should do everything possible to keep him

Latest posts