What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Forum 7's 2014 :: Team Registration Thread

Monk

Referee
So with the All Stars Game going on (and writers eager to get their hands dirty) I think it's time to put up this thread and see which teams are returning for the 2014 Forum 7's season.

I can say with certainty that Souths will be back to defend their title, and even though we've lost a few players to retirement/the real world i'm excited to see which new writers will join the competition and which regulars will take their games to lofty new heights!

Also - With SGL's resignation from the Dragons captaincy, a spot has opened up there which needs to be filled - any takes?

Please list below if you would like to captain a team in 2014 or if your team is returning from last season. Also if you are a new player, feel free to post and ask questions about the game.

When we generate an appropriate amount of interest i'll create a draw for the '14 season.

Competing teams in 2014 - Souths, Titans, Bluebags, Ninjas

Last edited:

Drew-Sta

Staff member
I'm going to attempt to get the Bags back off the ground. Can't make too many promises though.

Monk

Referee
So is that confirmation of the Dragons folding? No chance of anyone coming forward and trying to steer the team to victory?

They would need to recruit a lot of people Monk. Better to move those two into another side and make them stronger.

whall15 was good for a few articles too Drew.

Monk

Referee
fair call mang, did you wanna jump back into the souffs locker room (or another sides) or take the year off?

Hutty1986

Immortal
I'm out for good. No time or patience to go around again, and without the ability to write creatively my scores will never leave the 84-88 section.

Sad to see you go SGL, you're a top writer! Thanks for all your hard work at the Saints too, very much appreciated :D

I'm keen to have a run for Souths if there's any spots available.

Monk

Referee
I'd like to keep the Dragons afloat if I could, but if it comes to dropping the league down to four teams then there is a spot in the Souths locker room for you mate!

Sad to see you go SGL, you're a top writer! Thanks for your hard work at the Saints too, very much appreciated :D

I'm keen to have a run for Souths if there's any spots available.

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Why don't you take a crack at captaining Saints? With whall15, DB, and Tanner Ave you're on your way to a good squad. Need another 3-4 guys that can contribute regularly.

Titanic

First Grade
Although you end up flying close to the wind, if you can get a committed group of 4 and a couple of swingers then with only a hand full of games to play you should be okay.

Can I suggets that if the numbers drop to 4 teams don't make it three rounds ... quality over quantity is my thought.

Monk

Referee
At the moment it's Souths, Titans, Bluebags and most likely Ninjas.

Dragons are iffy though not 100% out at this stage. You've pretty much got your pick of the litter with which crowd you want to roll with.

jamesgould

Juniors
Sorry, just saw this thread. The Ninjas are keen, but currently have 2-3 players ... I obviously need to get recruiting. I really hope we can find the numbers - but it won't be easy.

Monk

Referee
Okay looks like it'll be four teams for this season. Captains, do you best to recruit. With Hutty on board I think souths are close to being set so if I find any players who are keen I'll send them onto y'all

Hutty1986

Immortal
Thanks mate, much appreciated.

Why don't you take a crack at captaining Saints? With whall15, DB, and Tanner Ave you're on your way to a good squad. Need another 3-4 guys that can contribute regularly.

I'd love to, I just don't honestly think I'd be able to dedicate as much time to it as I would like. Got a couple players in mind, might see if RABK and a sports journo mate of moine are keen to get into it this season