Go Back   The Front Row Forum :: Rugby League > Rugby League - Australia > NRL

NRL For general NRL discussion

Old 23-10-2012, 01:26 PM
LIVE UPDATE MANAGEMENT TEAM

Default Re: 2013 Draw wishlist

Not sure if this was picked up

Quote:
Roosters and Rabbitohs to kick off 2013
The NRL is planning another blockbuster to kick-off the 2013 season on a Thursday night.

However, Canterbury boss Todd Greenberg looks unlikely to be granted his wish of a season-opening grudge match against a Sydney Roosters side containing Sonny Bill Williams.

Following a meeting of club chief executives on Thursday, the NRL announced it would kick-off the first four rounds of the season with a Thursday night fixture.

The 2013 NRL draw, including the days and times of each match for the first 20 rounds won't be finalised until mid-November, but a Roosters v South Sydney round one Thursday night showdown before a bumper crowd is looming as the ideal way for Channel Nine to begin its new broadcasting deal.

The two matches between the Roosters and Rabbitohs this year were among the most memorable games of the season, with both clashes between the bitter rivals being decided in the final seconds of play.

Matches between the foundation clubs have been a tradition feature of the NRL's opening round for a number of seasons now and it is understood Channel Nine and both the Roosters and the Rabbitohs are keen to continue that on the opening day of the year at Allianz Stadium.

The 2011 season began on a Friday night with another epic contest between the Rabbitohs and the Roosters, while this year started on a Thursday night with a Wayne-Bennett coached Newcastle coming up against his former club St George-Illawarra.

Greenberg had been keen for Canterbury to host an opening round match against a side containing former Bulldog Williams - who is yet to be confirmed as a Roosters signing for 2013.

Williams controversially walked out on the Bulldogs midway through the 2008 season to play rugby union in France.

But it is increasingly unlikely to happen with the Roosters and Rabbitohs eyeing off the round one opener, in what would be a mouth-watering start to the new season.

The match is sure to be afforded star billing given the Rabbitohs fantastic season this year, and the hype surrounding Williams' probable signing with the Roosters and the acquisition at Bondi Junction of rookie coach Trent Robinson.

It is the Roosters turn to host the round one match.

New Roosters chief operating officer commercial Ted Helliar was reluctant to be drawn on a Thursday night start between the arch enemies until the draw was finalised.
But he did say: "Obviously it is the desire of both clubs to play against each other in round one as has been the case for a number of years.

"And it would be a great opportunity for the members, sponsors, players and staff of both the Roosters and the Rabbitohs to be involved in the first game of the season, no better way to kick off 2013."
http://nrl.com/roosters,-rabbitohs-s...4/default.aspx
Old 23-10-2012, 04:16 PM
Juniors

They need to have fewer night games and more day games kinda like the NFL.
Old 23-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Juniors

I wouldn't mind to see the sharks vs dragons or sharks vs tigers or sharks vs panthers. But I would prefer sharks and dragons, they are nuts!
Old 24-10-2012, 10:24 AM

http://www.dragons.com.au/redv-faqs-2013

TBA March 2013 First home game at WIN Jubilee Oval, Kogarah
TBA March 2013 First home game at WIN Stadium, Wollongong

Looks like the Dragons will be splitting home games evenly this year instead of in two blocks as with the previous two seasons (which makes sense with no major works going on anymore).
Old 24-10-2012, 06:28 PM
Juniors

Like they have every year where one of their stadiums isn't being upgraded.
Old 24-10-2012, 08:43 PM

Yes.

Was there a need for the smart-arse remark? You really seem to be going out of your way to be a nark to people
Old 25-10-2012, 10:39 AM
Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmah View Post
Yes.

Was there a need for the smart-arse remark? You really seem to be going out of your way to be a nark to people
I'm guessing with 83 posts he's trying to make a bit of a name for himself.
Old 25-10-2012, 01:21 PM
Juniors

I'm just commenting on the topic at hand, thus the reason I haven't replied to anyone's comments about me (simply, I do not care). I haven't targeted anyone or attack any poster on here. If anyone has a issue with any of my post I would say it has more to do with that person than me. I hope this kind of posting is restricted to the off-season with everyone bored without games being played.

If anyone has any issue with my post I'm open to feedback, send me a PM or post on my page and I'll get back to you.

I'll go back to posting about the topic.
Old 25-10-2012, 01:56 PM

Then why not address people in some sort of polite manner instead of coming across like a belligerent moron?

Yes, everyone else, I get the irony.
Old 25-10-2012, 02:38 PM
Juniors

You must have some issues if you continue to resort to name calling. I won't be getting into that immature mess or games. As I have said, I've only comment on topics. I haven't addressed anyone.
Old 25-10-2012, 02:44 PM

Right .

You'll go well here then...
Old 26-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Referee

f**k off Timmah.
Old 26-10-2012, 08:25 AM
Juniors

Would be a dream draw to play manly every week. would work out perfect for us, all year undefeated.
Old 26-10-2012, 01:12 PM
Bench

THE draw should be pulled from a barrel.

Even allowing for SOO and test matches,the games should be drawn at random so as not to draw speculation of favouritism as shown above with the story of a Souths V Easts opener.

Impartiality should be of the utmost importance here.
Old 26-10-2012, 01:36 PM
Juniors

Quote:
Originally Posted by GongPanther View Post
THE draw should be pulled from a barrel.

Even allowing for SOO and test matches,the games should be drawn at random so as not to draw speculation of favouritism as shown above with the story of a Souths V Easts opener.

Impartiality should be of the utmost importance here.
Say goodbye to all traditional matches then. A sure fire way to annoy all Rugby League fans.