Go Back   The Front Row Forum :: Rugby League > Rugby League - Australia > Penrith Panthers

Penrith Panthers For discussion about the Penrith Panthers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old 15-02-2009, 11:31 AM
sweet-as sweet-as is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 240
Default Re: SG Ball Squad 2009 and Harold Matthews Squad 2009 - Combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashton View Post
Who were the best players against Canberra yesterday?
Heather, Tapuaga, Tuivasa, Doran and wilson
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 15-02-2009, 11:31 AM
murraymob murraymob is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 6,244
Default Re: SG Ball Squad 2009 and Harold Matthews Squad 2009 - Combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet-as View Post
I dont remeber antonelli scoring yesterday
he is on the official score sheet as scoring.Unless corrected by penrith he is credited as a try scorer
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 15-02-2009, 12:06 PM
ashton's Avatar
ashton ashton is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 798
Default Re: SG Ball Squad 2009 and Harold Matthews Squad 2009 - Combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by murraymob View Post
harold mathews
penrith 38

j.tapuaiga 3, R.Reegan, T. Tuivesa, J.Antonelli,B.Heteric tries
R.Wilson 3,B.Heteric 2 goals

canberra 10
S Everit,J mitchell tries
C druit goal

S.G.Ball
Penrith 44
A.Beal 2, T.Wille 2, A Eisentruth, W.Noylan, S.Sene,B.Austin, tries
B.Austin 6 goals

Canberra 14
H.Hodge, S.Sauiluma,K Silero tries
C breust 1 goal
I think that should be Matthew Moylan.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 15-02-2009, 03:44 PM
sweet-as sweet-as is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 240
Default Re: SG Ball Squad 2009 and Harold Matthews Squad 2009 - Combined.

I thought the ranga scored a try
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 15-02-2009, 03:57 PM
Pumhill Pumhill is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 27
Default Re: SG Ball Squad 2009 and Harold Matthews Squad 2009 - Combined.

why was reagan playing halfback ?
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 15-02-2009, 04:13 PM
sweet-as sweet-as is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 240
Default Re: SG Ball Squad 2009 and Harold Matthews Squad 2009 - Combined.

I dont know, but i think its stupid, when u have teoke kahurua who plays halfback and isnt in the match 17.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 15-02-2009, 04:21 PM
Pumhill Pumhill is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 27
Default Re: SG Ball Squad 2009 and Harold Matthews Squad 2009 - Combined.

yeaah.
i think the should of chosen 2 halfbacks instead of makeshift halfbacks
like the halfback from st marys
there is a few good halfbacks in the comp
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 15-02-2009, 04:35 PM
Pumhill Pumhill is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 27
Default Re: SG Ball Squad 2009 and Harold Matthews Squad 2009 - Combined.

sweet-as what team do you play for in the penrith district?
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 15-02-2009, 06:41 PM
footyboy7 footyboy7 is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 133
Default Re: SG Ball Squad 2009 and Harold Matthews Squad 2009 - Combined.

After reading that halfback comment sweet-as, how different would your personal Penrith Harold Matthews squad of 23 be? Positions and Clubs too
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 15-02-2009, 07:37 PM
sweet-as sweet-as is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 240
Default Re: SG Ball Squad 2009 and Harold Matthews Squad 2009 - Combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumhill View Post
sweet-as what team do you play for in the penrith district?
I play Union now, but i used to play for st marys a while back
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 15-02-2009, 07:39 PM
footyboy7 footyboy7 is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 133
Default Re: Harrold Matthews squad 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by roopy View Post
This kid has a real presence on the field at Mathews level, but he can't afford any growth spurts or will only be fit for gridiron.


The Big Toof...
Played in the same team as him since the 10'1s.
And yes he is a real presence on the field..
So very strong, and really quite smart about most of his runs, Tui will carve if he remains and continues his fitness training.
BTW he hasnt grown in height for about 2 years now
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 15-02-2009, 07:53 PM
sweet-as sweet-as is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 240
Default Re: SG Ball Squad 2009 and Harold Matthews Squad 2009 - Combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footyboy7 View Post
After reading that halfback comment sweet-as, how different would your personal Penrith Harold Matthews squad of 23 be? Positions and Clubs too
I dont know whether anyone in the squad doesnt deserve to be there. However i wouldve included players such as, Ben Bridekirk (St marys and Western Acadamy), Jaziah Dawson (St Marys and South Sydney matts), Damien Mylchrist (Windsor and Western Acadamy).

As for yesterdays game heres a report:

Penrith team:

1) Brenden Heather---Man of match
2) Kieren Moss---Didn't get much involvement
3) Ryan Wilson---Played well, good support play
4) Ben Heterick---Played well, was taken off with head injury (1 try)
5) Clay Robinson---Solid performance
6) Johnny Tapuaga---Great game, scored a hatrick (3 tries)
7) Reece Regan---Played decent, but better at lock (1 try)
8) Tai Tuivasa---Solid performance, but pushed a couple passes (1 try)
9) Paul Nelson---No complaints
10) Jason Doran---Hit the ball up well all game (1 try)
11) Tevita Vave---Went missing at times in match
12) Jason Antonelli---Struggled for involvement
13) Steve Misevic---Struggled at lock, should be 5/8

14) Joel Waddell---Good game
15) Aaron Tavaale---Worked hard all round
16) Tekina Vailea---Impacted well off bench
17) Suni Fatialofa---Didnt get much field time
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 15-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Dorzz Dorzz is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2
Default Re: SG Ball Squad 2009 and Harold Matthews Squad 2009 - Combined.

Haha I don't think sweet-as has much of a life??....
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 15-02-2009, 08:04 PM
footyboy7 footyboy7 is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 133
Default Re: SG Ball Squad 2009 and Harold Matthews Squad 2009 - Combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet-as View Post
I dont know whether anyone in the squad doesnt deserve to be there. However i wouldve included players such as, Ben Bridekirk (St marys and Western Acadamy), Jaziah Dawson (St Marys and South Sydney matts), Damien Mylchrist (Windsor and Western Acadamy).

As for yesterdays game heres a report:

Penrith team:

1) Brenden Heather---Man of match
2) Kieren Moss---Didn't get much involvement
3) Ryan Wilson---Played well, good support play
4) Ben Heterick---Played well, was taken off with head injury (1 try)
5) Clay Robinson---Solid performance
6) Johnny Tapuaga---Great game, scored a hatrick (3 tries)
7) Reece Regan---Played decent, but better at lock (1 try)
8) Tai Tuivasa---Solid performance, but pushed a couple passes (1 try)
9) Paul Nelson---No complaints
10) Jason Doran---Hit the ball up well all game (1 try)
11) Tevita Vave---Went missing at times in match
12) Jason Antonelli---Struggled for involvement
13) Steve Misevic---Struggled at lock, should be 5/8

14) Joel Waddell---Good game
15) Aaron Tavaale---Worked hard all round
16) Tekina Vailea---Impacted well off bench
17) Suni Fatialofa---Didnt get much field time
Oh k i can see that..

For me the drop outs would be:
Steven Miscevic - Glenmore Park
Tekina Vailea - St Clair
Cy Samuels - Glenmore Park
Louis Taavale - St Clair
Teoke Kahurua- Michinbury

And add..
Ben Bridekirk - St Marys
Matt Hill - St Marys
Anaru Naera - Windsor
Jeziah Dawson - St Marys
Damien Mylchreest - Windsor

And Maybe..
Bryce Cartwright
Jakiel Fuimaono
Wiki Tauvao
All St Marys and WSAS, though only 15.
What do you think?
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 15-02-2009, 09:17 PM
sweet-as sweet-as is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 240
Default Re: SG Ball Squad 2009 and Harold Matthews Squad 2009 - Combined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by footyboy7 View Post
Oh k i can see that..

For me the drop outs would be:
Steven Miscevic - Glenmore Park
Tekina Vailea - St Clair
Cy Samuels - Glenmore Park
Louis Taavale - St Clair
Teoke Kahurua- Michinbury

And add..
Ben Bridekirk - St Marys
Matt Hill - St Marys
Anaru Naera - Windsor
Jeziah Dawson - St Marys
Damien Mylchreest - Windsor

And Maybe..
Bryce Cartwright
Jakiel Fuimaono
Wiki Tauvao
All St Marys and WSAS, though only 15.
What do you think?
As for louis Tavaale I heard from some people that he was dropped from Harold matthews a couple months ago.

Addition to the side:

Ben bridekirk--Yes
Matt hill---no way
Anaru---Perhaps
Damien---Yes

As for the younger fellas,

While bryce and wiki are brilliant players, i dont think they are ready yet to be near the standard of Penrith's backrowers such as Regan, Antonelli and Vave.

As for jakiel, I would have him in the squad, however i think Tuivasa and Doran's pairing is too dangerous to break.
They Basically carry their St marys club side, Work well at Penrith together, and I think as of this year they will also be the front rowers for St Dominics collage, Penrith.
I think this is an ideal forward pack at the moment, I also think Misevic is a must for the 5/8 position.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 10:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2 Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising Opportunities

  Latest Tweets

Advertising Opportunities