Go Back   The Front Row Forum :: Rugby League > Rugby League - Australia > Wests Tigers

Wests Tigers For discussion about Wests Tigers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 20-10-2010, 11:45 PM
blackandwhite blackandwhite is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 246
Default Wests Tigers 2011 NRL Squad

Lets give Andrew Fifita a rest for a while and try and work out next years squad.............. or we could just wait 2 weeks for them to tell us.






Assuming it will be along the same lines as this year.

Wests Tigers CEO Stephen Humphreys said “We expect to have a full-time squad of 34 players in 2010 along with six additional players who will train full-time over the off-season’’



Top 25 Squad:


8 Others :


6 Additional Summer:
Reply With Quote
Share this Topic
  #2  
Old 21-10-2010, 07:34 AM
BuffaloRules's Avatar
BuffaloRules BuffaloRules is offline
First Grade
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,439
Default Re: Wests Tigers 2011 NRL Squad

Nah, lets stick with Andrew Fafita....
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 21-10-2010, 08:03 AM
Tiger Hawk Tiger Hawk is offline
Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: London
Posts: 2,928
Default Re: Wests Tigers 2011 NRL Squad

Of the players I'm pretty confident that are here for next year

Blake Ayshford
Mitch Brown
Geoff Daniela
Simon Dwyer
Gareth Ellis
Robbie Farah
Andrew Fifita - unless he's signed / linked that 10 year contract with the Dogs
Mark Flanagan
Liam Fulton
Keith Galloway
Bryce Gibbs
Chris Heighington
Chris Lawrence
Robert Lui
Benji Marshall
Wade McKinnon
Tim Moltzen
Ben Murdoch-Masila
Todd Payten
Beau Ryan
Taniela Tuiaki
Lote Tuqiri
Aaron Woods

Then there's Alan & Jason Shirnack, Willie Mataka, Junior Moors, Blake Lazarus, Nathan Waters, Sam Latu & Sean Meaney as fringe players that have played the odd game of firsts but I'm not sure of contract status for next year.

Skando & Fitzy will hopefully retire.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 21-10-2010, 09:46 AM
madunit's Avatar
madunit madunit is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 52,557
Default Re: Wests Tigers 2011 NRL Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandwhite View Post
Lets give Andrew Fifita a rest for a while and try and work out next years squad.............. or we could just wait 2 weeks for them to tell us.






Assuming it will be along the same lines as this year.

Wests Tigers CEO Stephen Humphreys said “We expect to have a full-time squad of 34 players in 2010 along with six additional players who will train full-time over the off-season’’



Top 25 Squad:


8 Others :


6 Additional Summer:
If it's 34 players plus 6 others, wouldn't that mean a breakdown of

Top 25 squad:

9 others:

6 additional over summer:

Sorry b&w, just being a pedantic maths nazi lol
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21-10-2010, 09:48 AM
madunit's Avatar
madunit madunit is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 52,557
Default Re: Wests Tigers 2011 NRL Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Hawk View Post
Of the players I'm pretty confident that are here for next year

Blake Ayshford
Mitch Brown
Geoff Daniela
Simon Dwyer
Gareth Ellis
Robbie Farah
Andrew Fifita - unless he's signed / linked that 10 year contract with the Dogs
Mark Flanagan
Liam Fulton
Keith Galloway
Bryce Gibbs
Chris Heighington
Chris Lawrence
Robert Lui
Benji Marshall
Wade McKinnon
Tim Moltzen
Ben Murdoch-Masila
Todd Payten
Beau Ryan
Taniela Tuiaki
Lote Tuqiri
Aaron Woods

Then there's Alan & Jason Shirnack, Willie Mataka, Junior Moors, Blake Lazarus, Nathan Waters, Sam Latu & Sean Meaney as fringe players that have played the odd game of firsts but I'm not sure of contract status for next year.

Skando & Fitzy will hopefully retire.
you've got 31 there, pretty good effort. can you think of three more?

I dare say some more under 20's players. Mullaney possibly.

I reckon the 6 newbies over summer will be depth players.

Is Cayless still contracted to us?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 21-10-2010, 11:48 AM
Magpies Forever's Avatar
Magpies Forever Magpies Forever is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,686
Default Re: Wests Tigers 2011 NRL Squad

I've seen rumour the Shirnack brothers are moving on to greener pastures as too Mataka. Reckon Lazarus & Fitzy are gone. I hope Moors stays
I'm sure Cayless and Tupou will be released / not re-signed.

Possible McKinnon may be given a more searching medical off season to see if he can stand the rigours of a full season. A decison may have to made there even though they did sign him for 2 years.

That leaves a few more vacant spots. Agree some mroe depth palyers- usual suspects though please- props and a good halfback prospect please
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 21-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Bricey Bricey is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 373
Default Re: Wests Tigers 2011 NRL Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by madunit View Post
you've got 31 there, pretty good effort. can you think of three more?

I dare say some more under 20's players. Mullaney possibly.

I reckon the 6 newbies over summer will be depth players.

Is Cayless still contracted to us?
Mallaney for sure and what about Tangive? Not the one we had and sold to St George.... I mean the one we signed from canterbury's U/20's side
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 21-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Tiger Hawk Tiger Hawk is offline
Bench
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: London
Posts: 2,928
Default Re: Wests Tigers 2011 NRL Squad

I've heard Mullaney is highly unlikely to be with us next year.

But there's a whole raft of other ex-20s, current 20s and current reserve grade players that could make up the numbers (Akeripa, Davis etc etc). I just don't know their contract status and didn't want to speculate.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 21-10-2010, 01:36 PM
Radical Rat Radical Rat is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 590
Default Re: Wests Tigers 2011 NRL Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by madunit View Post
you've got 31 there, pretty good effort. can you think of three more?

I dare say some more under 20's players. Mullaney possibly.

I reckon the 6 newbies over summer will be depth players.

Is Cayless still contracted to us?

Fitzy and Tame Tupou have been released. Cayless is still here.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 21-10-2010, 01:36 PM
gronkathon gronkathon is offline
First Grade
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 8,148
Default Re: Wests Tigers 2011 NRL Squad

Mataka is staying it would seem at this stage.

Hyland will be a part of the top squad even though I fail to see how he has earned it
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 21-10-2010, 01:56 PM
Magpies Forever's Avatar
Magpies Forever Magpies Forever is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,686
Default Re: Wests Tigers 2011 NRL Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gronkathon View Post
Mataka is staying it would seem at this stage.

Hyland will be a part of the top squad even though I fail to see how he has earned it
Hyland certainly hasnt pressured the big boys yet despite a year of training and potential opportunity. Suppose Sheens & co see the potential in keeping rather than discarding.

But in the broader thought I reckon the second stringers who have been given the opportunity to train and learn with the main squad may be liable to be poached by other clubs for the opportunity to pressure for a first grade spot. The WT main roster for selection this year hasnt had much movement in it.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 21-10-2010, 06:24 PM
andrew9148 andrew9148 is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 514
Default Re: Wests Tigers 2011 NRL Squad

Re Cayless, Sheens often mentions him when discussing the injuries that the Tigers had this year. Clearly he is still in the back of his mind. He did sign a 2 year deal. I know its a long long shot, but if he did get his sh*t together it would be great.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 21-10-2010, 06:34 PM
innsaneink's Avatar
innsaneink innsaneink is offline
Referee
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Ward 6. West
Posts: 28,356
Default Re: Wests Tigers 2011 NRL Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radical Rat View Post
Fitzy and Tame Tupou have been released. Cayless is still here.
I heard tupou had been re-signed.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 22-10-2010, 06:05 AM
madunit's Avatar
madunit madunit is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 52,557
Default Re: Wests Tigers 2011 NRL Squad

really, the news earlier suggested Tupou had retired.

Jeez some clarification from the club would be helpful
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 22-10-2010, 08:28 PM
alien's Avatar
alien alien is offline
Juniors
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,452
Default Re: Wests Tigers 2011 NRL Squad

Rhys Pritchard is going to the Roosters.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +10. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2 Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Advertising Opportunities

  Latest Tweets

Advertising Opportunities
Rugby League Review