Go Back   The Front Row Forum :: Rugby League > Rugby League - Australia > St George Illawarra Dragons

St George Illawarra Dragons The largest Dragons forums online.
Click here to visit the Jubilee Avenue website.

Old 25-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Juniors

Default Ben Barba

Anyone know the BEN BARBA story of why hes been stood down indefinitely??
Share this Topic
Old 25-02-2013, 09:08 PM
Juniors

Default Re: Ben Barba

I think he's getting a release to sign for us!!!
Old 25-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Bench

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Dragon View Post
I think he's getting a release to sign for us!!!
Old 25-02-2013, 09:40 PM
Juniors

Alcohol and gambling issues!!
I'm afraid his absence could single handedly bring the Bulldogs back to the field!! Massive loss for them
Btw: the NRL campaign will have to be quickly edited as Ben features quite heavily in it.
Old 25-02-2013, 10:06 PM
First Grade

Massive blow to the Dogs, they won't win the premiership without him.
Old 25-02-2013, 10:09 PM
Juniors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minh View Post
Massive blow to the Dogs, they won't win the premiership without him.
They wouldn't have won it anyway!
Old 25-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Bench

Looks like he will be stood down for 6-8 weeks at this stage. Thurston has been called in to be the new "face of the NRL" campaign.
Old 25-02-2013, 10:41 PM
First Grade

It's a shame he has become a great player.
Old 25-02-2013, 10:44 PM
First Grade

These guys better get their sh#t together, they dont have long in the game and should make the most of it especially these elite players, they can set up for life if they are responsible. It's sad when I see some ex footballers doing it tough because they punt away everything.
Old 25-02-2013, 11:23 PM
Juniors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minh View Post
These guys better get their sh#t together, they dont have long in the game and should make the most of it especially these elite players, they can set up for life if they are responsible. It's sad when I see some ex footballers doing it tough because they punt away everything.
Dont feel one bit sorry for them tbh. I dont feel any sympathy for the average joe that goes in and spends his entire wage in a matter of hours, so why would I with these over paid prima donas?

Some of them get six times the average wage, whinge and bitch that they are expected to play too much footy, dont get enough money from rep games (a game most fans would play for free) get gifts and perks wherever they go and then say they dont want to and never asked to be role models for kids?

They smile and act pretty in front of the camera when it comes time to say "sorry, I f**ked up again...disappointed this club...the fans...my family...etc etc" but they still get their hundreds of thousands a year regardless.

f**k id love to see how they would react and behave living their lives on 35k a year with a mortgage and kids. Might teach them to grow up
Old 25-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Juniors

Quote:
Originally Posted by saints4ever View Post
Dont feel one bit sorry for them tbh. I dont feel any sympathy for the average joe that goes in and spends his entire wage in a matter of hours, so why would I with these over paid prima donas?

Some of them get six times the average wage, whinge and bitch that they are expected to play too much footy, dont get enough money from rep games (a game most fans would play for free) get gifts and perks wherever they go and then say they dont want to and never asked to be role models for kids?

They smile and act pretty in front of the camera when it comes time to say "sorry, I f**ked up again...disappointed this club...the fans...my family...etc etc" but they still get their hundreds of thousands a year regardless.

f**k id love to see how they would react and behave living their lives on 35k a year with a mortgage and kids. Might teach them to grow up
I totally agree. Some people on the forum will think you are being harsh but lets face it...Doctors save lives, work harder and get payed less. Yes, that is capitalism, but its no excuse for these guys acting like total f**kwits.
Old 26-02-2013, 07:16 AM
Juniors

Yeah, I agree! No sympathy at all. Nobody's got a gun to there head..
Old 26-02-2013, 09:20 AM
Juniors

The Dogs will just do what they always do - recruit a marquee to fill the gap. Probably Brett Stewart.
Old 26-02-2013, 09:30 AM
Juniors

I dont think he is looking for sympathy and i doubt he is expecting anyone to feel sorry for him. He is admitting he has a problem and is trying to deal with it. I have to respect the guy for at least admitting his faults.

What they get paid is irrelevant and to compare them to Dr's and to say they get paid more is silly. A footballer on $500k a year can get an injury that restricts his footballing life to one season, and at best they play for a dozen years....they need to make their money in this timeframe. A Dr on the other hand can work for 30+ years.

Give the guy a break, he is trying to help himself which is more that can be said for most of the other players that have simular issues.

His older brother Aaron signed and played with the panthers in the 90's and was as talented as Ben is, but struggled with the sydney lifestyle and "issues" it presented him. the first person Ben should probably console is his brother.

I wish him well and i hope he comes out the other end. I enjoy watching the guy play and we dont see many players like him very often.
Old 26-02-2013, 11:48 AM
First Grade

Haha Benny is a soft c**k.

Read Jack Gibson's book, when he was coaching the Dragons what Barba is doing was standard operating procedure for Billy Smith and a few of his mates.

lol I dunno, the yoof these days...