Go Back   The Front Row Forum :: Rugby League > Rugby League - Australia > Wests Tigers

Wests Tigers For discussion about Wests Tigers

Old 15-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Juniors

Default Re: Dream Team 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonboon View Post
Teddy
Richards
Lawrence
Simona
Nofoaluma
Fulton
Brooks
Blair
Sironen
Patterson
Woods
Farah
Galloway

Sue
Taupau
Seumanufagai
Ben MM

Fulton has been kicking and ball playing more and more, I think he will play five eight means a bigger back row and stronger defence
You can't seriously be wanting to put Farah in the back row and Sironen at hooker?
Old 15-08-2013, 09:02 PM
Juniors

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherJim05 View Post
You can't seriously be wanting to put Farah in the back row and Sironen at hooker?
I think you are reading it wrong Brother Jim....

He is working back to front.
Old 15-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Juniors

Quote:
Ahh what and you thought I had woods and Galloway in the back row with farah. Think first then post
Old 15-08-2013, 11:29 PM
Juniors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matchball View Post
Fair enough with the injury but we need someone stronger in the position.
He looks like a pimply teenager playing amongst men. He is small.
I haven't seen any real pace or strength to break the line or fend players, he just curls up and then gets to his feet slowly.
All the top teams have have the gun fullback. It's safe to say he is in the bottom 3 of the fullbacks in the NRL.
Tedesco might be in the bottom 3 fullbacks in the NRL but his definitely the best 20 year old fullback and can only improve as he gets older.
At 30 years of age is Slater going to get better in a couple of years ? I don't think so. Is Tedesco...most certainly. Lets see what Tedesco is doing in a couple of years when he reaches Moylan and Mullaney's age, with 3 years NRL experience under his belt.
I can see the things Mick has improved in his game and his learning every week Tedesco is doing his apprenticeship as are the other youngsters.
Then there is the return from ACL this year plus now a broken bones in his leg...I think his done very well.

As Mick Potter said they will all be better next year with the experience.
Old 16-08-2013, 09:20 AM
Juniors

Quote:
Originally Posted by boonboon View Post
Ahh what and you thought I had woods and Galloway in the back row with farah. Think first then post
Maybe you should think before you post.

Teams are listed 1-13, with 14-17 as bench so that we know what position we are suggesting a player should have.

My first thoughts were that you just wrote a list without considering positions but seeing as you listed a bench, I thought you might just be stupid enough to consider Farah in the back row.
Old 16-08-2013, 09:21 AM
Juniors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghipo View Post
Tedesco might be in the bottom 3 fullbacks in the NRL but his definitely the best 20 year old fullback and can only improve as he gets older.
My thoughts exactly
Old 16-08-2013, 09:37 AM
Juniors

I suppose supporters always want more out of their team. It appears Chris Lawrence has been playing injured which explains his lack of pace and odd running style. Now I know this it makes sense and based on his age and injuries I am prepared to say he can come back to his old form.

With Tedesco it seems he also has some physical injuries including broken bones in his leg (added to the mental state getting over a severe knee injury) and I suppose this somewhat explains his situation and form (which overall hasn't been too bad).

I admire his ability to take bombs and I don't question his ticker when returning the ball. The only thing I'd like to see him do more is to know when to and actually chime into the backline (what a beautiful old term that is). In attack he tends not to dog some of the forwards, there have been a few occasions forwards have been screaming out for support (probably the one skill Moltzen did possess).

Given time he will no doubt gain these skills and he is only 20 so 2014 will be a huge year for him....
Old 16-08-2013, 11:16 AM
Juniors

Quote:
Maybe you should think before you post.

Teams are listed 1-13, with 14-17 as bench so that we know what position we are suggesting a player should have.

My first thoughts were that you just wrote a list without considering positions but seeing as you listed a bench, I thought you might just be stupid enough to consider Farah in the back row.
calm the farm mate, he's just listed his team the old-school way; if you look at any team list pre-90s they were all done that way.
Old 16-08-2013, 01:44 PM
Juniors

Quote:
Originally Posted by magpie_man View Post
calm the farm mate, he's just listed his team the old-school way; if you look at any team list pre-90s they were all done that way.
Fair call
Old 16-08-2013, 04:53 PM
Juniors

Has anyone noticed what contracted player has not made the 13, 17 or what numbered squad we experts have named?

First name: starts with T

Last name: starts with M
Old 16-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Juniors

I think we are all in hope that it is a given TM is heading to the ESL,hopefully it's not wishful thinking on our part.
Old 16-08-2013, 09:31 PM
Juniors

What options do we have to cover the centre position if Lawrence doesn't return to his old self?Lulia and Simona,Richards ?We need him back to his best or other options will have to be used.
Old 17-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Juniors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Time Tiger View Post
Has anyone noticed what contracted player has not made the 13, 17 or what numbered squad we experts have named?

First name: starts with T

Last name: starts with M
Taqele naiyaravaro has been kicked to the kerb it seems.

He can hopefully score himself a bench position next season.

It would be good to see him thrown in before years end this year (injury considered)
Old 17-08-2013, 10:32 AM
Juniors

My mate watched NSW Cup last week at Leichhardt and said Lote was terrible yet he gets a call up to FG this week ahead of Taqele.Todays paper quotes Lote as saying he hasn't thought or factored in about playing next season,seriously we seem to attract players who are in full denial of their current ability and form.
Old 17-08-2013, 11:01 AM
Juniors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario chalmers View Post
Taqele naiyaravaro has been kicked to the kerb it seems.

He can hopefully score himself a bench position next season.

It would be good to see him thrown in before years end this year (injury considered)
Completely forgot about him myself. Would be good to see him get a go next year, though there is a huge log-jam in the backs, and given his size, I would like to see how he goes as a wide running second rower.

The reason (injury aside) that Lote is playing and Taqele is not is that we have second tier cap issues, simple as that. We just do not have any free dosh this season due to the staggering number of injuries that the side has had.