What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘How I Met Your Mother’ Renewed for 9th (and Final) Season

DB

First Grade
I have finally finished the entire series.

I liked it, Maybe if I watched the 9 series over 9 years, the finale would have pissed me off, but I thought it was well done.

DB

First Grade
Ummmm, not sure. At the most a few months probably. Easy to have it on USB and on the play station.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Yep... but what really annoyed me about the ending was that... it all lead up to nothing. I mean we see the mother, and what we were waiting 9 years for was over in a matter of minutes. All that pain for an awful ending.

I can't wait to see the official alternate ending though, I'll bet that's the happy ending everyone wanted!

Bulldog Force

Referee
Ok guys... here it is. The official alternate ending... MUCH much much more uplifting than the atrocity the released:

[youtube]RoHUs8J7x94[/youtube]

Flapper

First Grade
Why does something have to be uplifting to be better BF you moist vagina?

I probably will watch it but the first ending was good.

DB

First Grade
I thought the was fine... Ted was always bad luck with the ladies, it was inevitable that when he met the one, it was be cut too short.

T.S Quint

Coach
It doesn't have to be a happy ending for me. I didn't care that they killed off the mother.
What I didn't like was how they spent a a couple of seasons building up to the Barney/Robin wedding and then they just get divorced one episode after they get married. It annoyed me that they seemed desperate to get those two together, but I went with it hoping to see it eventuate to something and it didn't.

If they wanted Ted to end up with Robin then she should never have spent all that time with Barney.

Game_Breaker

Coach
It doesn't have to be a happy ending for me. I didn't care that they killed off the mother.
What I didn't like was how they spent a a couple of seasons building up to the Barney/Robin wedding and then they just get divorced one episode after they get married. It annoyed me that they seemed desperate to get those two together, but I went with it hoping to see it eventuate to something and it didn't.

If they wanted Ted to end up with Robin then she should never have spent all that time with Barney.

+1

The original ending wasn't bad, in fact it probably fits Ted's little speech in the alternate ending more when he says "That's life". But since they knew Ted was always going to end up with Robin (they filmed the ending with his future kids in season 2) there was no point with spending that much time on Barney and Robin, especially an entire season on their wedding weekend.

So to me the ending was great, but it made season 9 obsolete and it was obvious they ran out of ideas and pulled that crappy season out of their ass. I think Jason Segel wanted it to finish earlier and was the last to sign up to season 9, looks like the producers should've listened to him.

Btw, I thought that little summary of how he got to the point of meeting the mother was great, they could've used it in the original ending.

Danish

Referee
I don't understand how Ted ending up getting the woman he'd been chasing for 9 seasons is considered an unhappy ending. I thought the original ending was highly uplifting in that it showed ted learning a lesson to stop cocooning himself in the unobtainable notion of "the one", and once he did he found a great love. The fact he then lost that love but was able to move on is also a positive message.

Making it all end up as a fairy tale relationship would have been stupid

Bulldog Force

Referee
Ok maybe I'm not being clear here, but the original ending was not uplifting (IMO) because, after searching for the woman he loves, the mother of his children, she died. What made it worse, was showing them together with the kids when they were young on Christmas morning opening up presents etc...