What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

“that was a hard decision, Clarky”

drake

First Grade
Cooper knocked the ball out m8, leave it alone and it wont happen.
3 out of 3 ABC commentators disagree with you.
Warren Ryan even said along the lines of "It's Clarky, so he'll probably call it a strip, even though it's not."

We just get sick and tired of being the first and last victims of very strange decisions.
One of my favorites was the pom:
"Ef 'e would 'ave passed it Ben, et would 'ave been an oobstooction."
"But he didn't pass it!!"
Penalty against the Dragons for intent to obstruct... maybe in an alternate universe.
Then there's Ryles getting suspended for obstruction.
Oh, and Clark hates our guts, players and supporters, and screws us over all the time.

I'd love to be able to collate data to show Clark's influence on our games during his reign of teror.

Ribs

Bench
I actually agree that Cooper knocked the ball out, the problem is he didnt play at it, he never looked like that was his intention. To say that knocking the ball out in the process of making a tackle is a strip brings our game into some sort of fairy f*cking contest. Of course there is going to be contact with the ball at times, its up to the carrier to hold the thing. he was running in at full pace and made a hit, someone needs to tell me how he can magically strip that ball at that pace without looking. He's a genius!

Slackboy72

Coach
Same thing happened to Canberra against Brisbane at Lang park last year. Canberra player (Carney?) tackled Brisbane player, balled came loose, Canberra player scoops on ball races away to score. Video ref rules he deliberately played at it (he didn't) and ruled a knock on. Brisbane then scored. Turned the game. 12 point turn around. Brisbane win by 11 points. It's not just Clarke who is the problem it is the video ref being used to adjudicate on thigs using slow motion. As far as I am concerned get rid of the VR and give the on field ref a video console that he can use to check on groundings. It wouldn't be expensive and it wouldn't give him an out to say "not my decision".

Anyway it seems as though we are going to get two refs soon.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Great Simpkins. He dissallowed the Dragons the try against the Bulldogs for a knock-on or obstruction when the video replay clearly shows none of those things were done leading to the try. Then again, they are not playing Simpkins' beloved Bulldogs.