What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

¡Qué Golazo!

NK Arsenal

Juniors
I've never heard of this Daily Motion site. Anyway YouTube is better.

Back on topic, I like SWP's 2nd goal alot.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
That Messi goal is definately one of the best goals I've ever seen. Goal of the year for sure. Bears an uncanny resemblance to Maradona's in the WC. The only difference is the importance of the match.

However, I still rate the first goal of this compilation better (as he was being fouled for most of it but still managed to keep going): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow3yzlPZZ_s

Question: was there ever a better modern day (90's and beyond) player than Ronaldo at Barcelona? I guess there are alot of great players to list. R.Baggio, Gascoigne, Ronaldo, Romario etc. etc. But there is something about Ronaldo at Barca that has just always stuck out for mine.

weasel

First Grade
Wow, someone's really out to protect footage of the Messi goal. It's been taken off Dailymotion, and there's about a thousand links to it on Youtube, but none of them work anymore.

I don't know if I agree that Ronaldo's goal was better, Hybrid, but he was certainly a genius that season, and I think spending just the one year at Barcelona really adds to the mystique of it all. Who knows what might have been if he stayed, could have been the greatest of them all, or maybe he still would have faded.

Personally, I adore that second goal on the link of your's. Super pass from whoever it was; this kind of stuff is one of the reasons why I enjoy La Liga so much more than the Premiership; the guile and intelligence of the passing. Doesn't always come off, but it's certainly much more fun.

MrSharky

Juniors
Incredibly Maradona-esque by surprise, surprise the 11th "next Maradona" Lionel Messi. Incredible player... shame he plays for Farca... :sarcasm:

Question: was there ever a better modern day (90's and beyond) player than Ronaldo at Barcelona? I guess there are alot of great players to list. R.Baggio, Gascoigne, Ronaldo, Romario etc. etc. But there is something about Ronaldo at Barca that has just always stuck out for mine.

Ronaldo at Real Madrid :D

Ronaldo is THE best player that this generation has witnessed, with Zidane a close 2nd. To have them both in the same team was purely magical - as long as they were on the field together (Ronaldo's injury problems are well-documented)...

icon6.gif

borat

Bench
MrSharky said:
Incredibly Maradona-esque by surprise, surprise the 11th "next Maradona" Lionel Messi. Incredible player... shame he plays for Farca... :sarcasm:

Ronaldo at Real Madrid :D

Ronaldo is THE best player that this generation has witnessed, with Zidane a close 2nd. To have them both in the same team was purely magical - as long as they were on the field together (Ronaldo's injury problems are well-documented)...

icon6.gif

Seriously Ronaldo? I don't think so. I would say Zidane by the length of the straight and thats Zidane/Juve and Zidane/Real. Followed by Ronaldinho/Barcelona.

Zidane would have to be the 2nd best player I have ever seen in my lifetime followed by Maradona. What Zidane could do with a ball and the way he just glided up and down the pitch was unbeleivable

Mad Dogg

Juniors
Zidane was a great player, but Ronaldo at his peak was even better. If he hadn't had all the injury problems he could potentially have taken that next step up to the Pele/Maradona class.

MrSharky

Juniors
Mad Dogg said:
Zidane was a great player, but Ronaldo at his peak was even better. If he hadn't had all the injury problems he could potentially have taken that next step up to the Pele/Maradona class.

Very debatable but regardless, both are up there with the greats that will be remembered for many generations to come...

BTW... Sensational goal by Ruud in this mornings's Real Madrid/Valencia match. Build-up and strike was superb:

http://www.dailymotion.com/GOAAAAL/video/2988967

icon6.gif

Latest posts