What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘Satan’ Bowl LII

kurt faulk

Coach
They were basing their views on the Steelers one a few weeks back apparently.

Like they said, you never know what the replay official is going to say.

Be good to see what changes are made to the rule over the off season.

there will be no changes. the rules are clear cut. worthless was clinging to his brady doll, rocking backwards and forwards, saying no no it can't be.

the steelers te was falling to the ground as he caught the ball. ertz ran 5 yards after catching the ball and dove into the endzone. the fact the refs had to review the td is one of the great mysteries in the history of the nfl.

thorson1987

Coach
I don't think I will ever understand the psyche of an American sports fan.

Team wins a championship, let's destroy the f**king city.

beave

Coach
Again, I’m not surprised tbh. My experience of Philly in the 4 days I was there was it was a bit of a shithole with some fairly sketchy peeps, seemed to be a higher percentage of dickheads than any of the other cities I have been to in the states, this observation was made during the NBA play offs so I was imagining the stupidity going up a notch or 10 for their football team. They’re a passionate bunch, but a bunch of dickheads none-the-less.

natheel

Coach
Let the reaction videos roll in ofSkip bayless and co who predicted Philly would fold in the super bowl to Bellichick and Brady’s supremacy.

Fly eagles fly

Interesting what happens to Foles now he’s a Super Bowl Champ and MVP.

Haffa

Again, I’m not surprised tbh. My experience of Philly in the 4 days I was there was it was a bit of a shithole with some fairly sketchy peeps, seemed to be a higher percentage of dickheads than any of the other cities I have been to in the states, this observation was made during the NBA play offs so I was imagining the stupidity going up a notch or 10 for their football team. They’re a passionate bunch, but a bunch of dickheads none-the-less.
I’ve been visiting since 98 and I lived there for 12 months when I worked for Boeing in 07. I didn’t think the dickhead meter was higher than anywhere else. These scenes are no worse than Chicago, Cleveland or even LA in 2001.

The 6 months in Baltimore were far far worse.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Let the reaction videos roll in ofSkip bayless and co who predicted Philly would fold in the super bowl to Bellichick and Brady’s supremacy.

Fly eagles fly

Interesting what happens to Foles now he’s a Super Bowl Champ and MVP.

Skip already jumped on facebook for a twenty minute rant.

Stopped after 90 seconds when he said eagles were gifted 2 touchdowns because the NFL decided everyone was sick of Tom Brady and the Patriots.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
How were they gifted? Ertz clearly catches it and becomes a runner, once he broke the plane, it doesn't matter what happens after that.

The clement one is more 50/50, but happy to see it given due to my opinion it was under control enough for it to be a catch.

None of those calls is the reason we lost, the stupid decision to bench Butler is the dumbest thing i have ever seen in a big game, he could of covered clement easy on that td, not to mention his fantastic tackling ability.

Deatrich Wise only playing 6 snaps was another stupid decision.

beave

Coach
How were they gifted? Ertz clearly catches it and becomes a runner, once he broke the plane, it doesn't matter what happens after that.

The clement one is more 50/50, but happy to see it given due to my opinion it was under control enough for it to be a catch.

None of those calls is the reason we lost, the stupid decision to bench Butler is the dumbest thing i have ever seen in a big game, he could of covered clement easy on that td, not to mention his fantastic tackling ability.

Deatrich Wise only playing 6 snaps was another stupid decision.

There’s a story kicking around social media that he missed the original team flight to Minny. Missed curfew twice due to being blind drunk and pot was found in his hotel room on Thursday. f**k knows if its true but Bellendcheck is no fool, something had to have happened to drop him to the bench.

Valheru

Coach
Yesterday was one of the best days of my life, finally the Lombardi trophy goes to Philadelphia.

Out of al the ways I imagined us winning the game, none involved Brady with 500 yards and the Pats scoring 33 points.

The 2 'controversial' decisions are nothing more than media beat ups. The Ertz one was 100% correct as he was a runner. I don't mind it being reviewed but it took a lot longer than it had to. The other one was a lot closer and should have stayed with on field decision IMO which on this occasion benefited us. I have to say that I fully expected them to overturn that one.

The Pats have to be happy with their discipline, according to the referees they were perfect when the ball was live with their only indiscretion being a false start.

Anyways, I can't believe that the below statement is true

Nick Foles defeated Tom Brady in a shootout to win the superbowl.

beave

Coach
Yesterday was one of the best days of my life, finally the Lombardi trophy goes to Philadelphia.

Out of al the ways I imagined us winning the game, none involved Brady with 500 yards and the Pats scoring 33 points.

The 2 'controversial' decisions are nothing more than media beat ups. The Ertz one was 100% correct as he was a runner. I don't mind it being reviewed but it took a lot longer than it had to. The other one was a lot closer and should have stayed with on field decision IMO which on this occasion benefited us. I have to say that I fully expected them to overturn that one.

The Pats have to be happy with their discipline, according to the referees they were perfect when the ball was live with their only indiscretion being a false start.

Anyways, I can't believe that the below statement is true

Nick Foles defeated Tom Brady in a shootout to win the superbowl.

Congrats mate.

natheel

Coach
Skip already jumped on facebook for a twenty minute rant.

Stopped after 90 seconds when he said eagles were gifted 2 touchdowns because the NFL decided everyone was sick of Tom Brady and the Patriots.

Yeh watched that haha saying the Patriots got “hosed” with those 2 TDS. I can understand the Clement one was touch and go but how he can he say Ertz was deemed a runner is beyond me. Using that Steelers overturned TD as an example is beyond a joke. Someone simply put it this way take away the defender does Ertz stay upright?

The ONLY reason ertz had to lunge is because he was tripped by a defender that impeded his run

Tommy Smith

Referee
It was clearly a TD. Not even up for the slightest of debate.

Unless you are an absolute f**kwit like Skip Bayless.

And I'm with Kurt Faulk. I worry for the future of the NFL if that Arena League stuff with 1000+ yards is the future. But had the Ertz TD been overturned then that'd be the nail in the coffin for me.

Last edited:

nick87

Coach
Fk me, when will this guys get penalised for helmet hits, deadset disgrace.

FYI, Cooks established himself as a runner, isnt given the head to head protections as a WR anymore at that point. He's a RB
The hit was completely legal.

beave

Coach
It was clearly a TD. Not even up for the slightest of debate.

Unless you are an absolute f**kwit like Skip Bayless.

And I'm with Kurt Faulk. I worry for the future of the NFL if that Arena League stuff with 1000+ yards is the future. But had the Eetz TD been overturned then that'd be the nail in the coffin for me.

Bullshiiiiiit.

You’d be back mate. Like a filthy whore who sucks a mean wing wang, the NFL always manages to draw the punters back in. I swear off the Bucs every year and come August I’m sniffin around like a heroin addicted looking for his next score....

Last edited:

Shorty

Staff member
I love all the videos of Kobe, Will Smith, fans celebrating the win.
That bewilderment after winning it all is something only a long suffering fanbase does.

Thinking over and over that it can't be taken away.
Ahhh take me back to 2015.
I hope I'm alive to see the Browns win it surely their fans will sob the most lol.

natheel

Coach
I love all the videos of Kobe, Will Smith, fans celebrating the win.
That bewilderment after winning it all is something only a long suffering fanbase does.

Thinking over and over that it can't be taken away.
Ahhh take me back to 2015.
I hope I'm alive to see the Browns win it surely their fans will sob the most lol.

Been an eagles fan for a very long time probably close to 15 years (when I started to really take a serious interest in NFL) and I was gob smacked. Still am. Loved Kevin Hart trying to get on stage. I’d love to go to a super bowl before I die.

Latest posts