What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

‘Satan’ Bowl LII

DC_fan

Coach
It might be because I hate Dallas, but I think they’ve got a few major issues:

1. Just not sold on the qb. Don’t know if he’s a legit top 12 qb
2. The coach stinks
3. Issues all over the D, I’ll be stoked if they pay Lawrence. LB’s are ordinary, except for Lee who can’t stay healthy
4. Receivers suck. Dez can’t play, Williams reeks and Witten is just not that guy anymore

Those are major concerns. Though if I’m wrong about #1, that can gloss over the rest

1. Next season will answer that question. With Elliott back for a full season, it should ease the pressure on Prescott
2. Just like with Prescott, next season will either make or break Garrett. A bold prediction, if Jones boots him I think Kris Richard will get the job.
3. Issues on defence come at nose tackle, where we lack a big bodied run stopper. I expect this problem to be solved in the off season. At corner we have some real good youngsters in Awuzie and Lewis. I suspect Byron Jones will move from safety to corner. Woods and Frazier show talent at safety. Probably could do with a little more depth at the back though. I am not greatly concerned with the linebacker position. Most of the time Dallas play nickel, and for the remainder it’s split between 3 or 1 linebacker. Would love for Lee to more healthy, Smith will be better for this past season and I thought Hitchens played well this past season. Though Hitchens is a free agent.
4. I believe Dez is not the player he once was and neither is Witten. A replacement for a Witten needs to be found. Williams is a solid #3 receiver. Yes the receiver Corp needs some help. We have a new receivers coach so hopefully he can bring some talent with him.

Shorty

Staff member
It might be because I hate Dallas, but I think they’ve got a few major issues:

1. Just not sold on the qb. Don’t know if he’s a legit top 12 qb
2. The coach stinks
3. Issues all over the D, I’ll be stoked if they pay Lawrence. LB’s are ordinary, except for Lee who can’t stay healthy
4. Receivers suck. Dez can’t play, Williams reeks and Witten is just not that guy anymore

Those are major concerns. Though if I’m wrong about #1, that can gloss over the rest
I’m giving Dak the benefit of the doubt because there were a lot of dramas that were distractions last season.
I’m sure he’ll be better next season, it depends on his work ethic.

I agree with you about number #2 unfortunately.

kurt faulk

Coach

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...owl-lii-walkthrough-fool-new-england-patriots

Did the Eagles fake their Super Bowl walkthrough to fool the Patriots?

In the days following their victory in Super Bowl LII, some members of the champion Eagles are making it sound like they weren't going to take any chances at their walkthrough the day before the big game.

Earlier this week, Eagles long snapper Rick Lovato told WDAE radio in Tampa Bay that the team ran what he called a "fake walkthrough" and that he overheard others saying they were using plays not in their playbook during it.

And on Friday, safety Malcolm Jenkins said on SportsCenter: "I think there are still a lot of coaches out there that don't trust the Patriots, so sometimes they'll overthink it and do some fake plays in case anybody's watching."

The Eagles went through their walkthrough about an hour after the Patriots completed theirs at U.S. Bank Stadium.

"We weren't going to show anything to anyone, especially being at the stadium," Lovato told WDAE.

The Patriots and coach Bill Belichick were fined and the team was penalized with the loss of a draft pick in 2007 as part of the league's "Spygate" investigation, when they were caught taping their opponent's sideline signals during a game with the Jets.

In 2008, The Boston Herald reported that the Patriots had videotaped the Rams' walkthrough prior to Super Bowl XXXVI in 2002, a story the newspaper later retracted.