What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: Origin 3 :: QLD 16 NSW 28 @ Suncorp :: Wed 15 Jul

Origin III - Maroons or Blues

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mozza91

Coach
Gidley just realises that Knights >>>> NSW so he puts less of an effort in, either that or he's a great club player but just not good enough to be a great Rep player

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Then he should do the honourable thing and step down... he's not helping anyone...

Sleep

Juniors
The Blues have said all along that Gidley would do minimal training and zero contact work to give his ribs as much time to heal as possible.

mozza91

Coach
Even if he isn't a great rep player he's still been close to our best in both games.
People calling him a hack have nfi, it's not Gidley's fault he had to play as a half and hooker at times in both games because he was playing with an injured Halfback and a rubbish Hooker

Mr Saab

Referee
The Blues have said all along that Gidley would do minimal training and zero contact work to give his ribs as much time to heal as possible.

Ribs dont heal in the space of 7 days. He will be a liability. He is being selfish by playing.

feeding frenzy

Juniors
He shouldnt play , hayne or the general will do a better job at FB rather then try and play every position on the field and end up looking like a headless chicken. Gidley tries his guts out just insnt up to origin.

Timmah

Staff member
So?

He won't be 100% tonight, the QLDers will give him a workout and the side will be worse for it. They'd be better off dropping him and bringing in either Patten, or Brett Morris and shifting Hayne to the back. As Saab said above, he's being selfish.

mozza91

Coach
He shouldnt play , hayne or the general will do a better job at FB rather then try and play every position on the field and end up looking like a headless chicken. Gidley tries his guts out just insnt up to origin.
Patten no f**king way, maybe Hayne but when he played FB in Origin 2 he did little seems more effective on the wing

Dee

Juniors
As a Queenslander, I'm more than happy to see a less than 100% Gidley run out over Patten or Hayne starting at fullback.

redvscotty

First Grade
Gidley has a face only a mother could love. He looks like a nerd. His face and voice are very nerdlike. Very punchable.

I heard on tv last night (Sports Tonight maybe, either that or Nine Late News) Gidley saying if it wasn't such an important game he would have ruled himself out as early as last Tuesday. Heaps f*cking important game you w*nker, it's a dead rubber. Even if it WAS an important game he should have stood down last Tuesday for the good of the team anyway, as others have said his selfishness means we have had another sh*t preparation and he will be targetted.

Big pressure tonight Gids, you'd better show why you being there tonight was so important to NSW.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Gids now picking up slack for those players, well done. Now that Farrah and Wallace aren't there, no need for Gidley to be there to pick up slack.

Can't wait for next year when Stewart can be fullback and Gidley can captain the Country side one game a year.

Yeah he did, especially in the case of Farah.

Gids will be in the side on the bench next year mate. Put our house on it

Mr Saab

Referee
Much like Farah and your mate Wallace did in game 2 aye

Yes and they screwed up by playing. Obviously Gidley has not learnt too much from those 2.
Farah may not get another look in...and Wallace will be another Kimmorley where he will be used only in an emegency.
If gidley has a shocker tonight then he has zero excuses....if you play then you are "fit"
This game has zero importance and all he is doing his hurting his immediate future with the knights.

Sleep

Juniors
The first thing I thought was that he obviously didn't learn from Farah and Wallace in game two. It's all good and well that they've got the heart to play through an injury but when you under perform which was the case with the other two it's just stupid.

It cost Farah and Wallace their positions. Gidley won't be fullback next year if Stewart is healthy so I guess he knows his days are numbered.

When healthy he's a far better option than Patten. Hayne should of been moved to fullback with one of the umpteen wingers we have in waiting brought in.

Timmah

Staff member
Yeah he did, especially in the case of Farah.

Gids will be in the side on the bench next year mate. Put our house on it
I'd prefer Wing over Gidley, I'm not the only one either. Gidley seems to lack that "big-game" finesse for Origin imo.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Yes and they screwed up by playing. Obviously Gidley has not learnt too much from those 2.
Farah may not get another look in...and Wallace will be another Kimmorley where he will be used only in an emegency.
If gidley has a shocker tonight then he has zero excuses....if you play then you are "fit"
This game has zero importance and all he is doing his hurting his immediate future with the knights.

FTR I agree that he shouldnt be playing if he isnt 100%, I have said so previously in this very thread.

Im not convinced its his call to make though....

mxlegend99

Referee
I'd prefer Wing over Gidley, I'm not the only one either. Gidley seems to lack that "big-game" finesse for Origin imo.
Agreed. We have two fullbacks at the very least who are better... Brett Stewart and Jarryd Hayne. While Craig Wing has proven to be our best utility off the bench. I also thought Luke Lewis had more impact in his limited gametime in Game 1 then Gidley.

It's absolutely ridiculous that Kurt Gidley has jumped ahead of all these players for Origin spots IMO.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Yep, a joke. He will get picked next year on some capacity, when he shouldn't be anywhere near Origin.