What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: Origin 3 :: QLD 16 NSW 28 @ Suncorp :: Wed 15 Jul

Origin III - Maroons or Blues

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Queensland won four series, but at few times throughout those four series were they ever truly dominant.

Coaster

Bench
The game will be remembered as one of the most physical games played, and at the end NSW needed that win more then we did, and it showed. A few of our players like Crocker and Slater had shockers, and in a tight contest that was all that NSW needed to help them over the line. It did not help it took until the 78min before QLD relized there was NO RULES.

Asking if Queensland ever looked dominate in the last 4 years is laughable, this team has dominated NSW in every department for 4 years, and just because you scrape a win in a dead rubber, does not mean jack.

I can not wait until game 1 next year, this game will be shown to the Queenslanders, and will be used as a bench mark for intensity. I think you lot just opened pandora's box, and i hope for your sake, you can match the way you played on Wednesday and more, cause next year will be personal.

Timmah

Staff member
Asking if Queensland ever looked dominate in the last 4 years is laughable, this team has dominated NSW in every department for 4 years, and just because you scrape a win in a dead rubber, does not mean jack.
I'm not arguing that 4 straight series is a great achievement, or that the QLD team is fantastic, I'm simply debating the term "dominance". I can only pinpoint two real dominant games from the Maroons in the twelve that made up the "fourpeat". The rest of the games were very close and in a lot of cases could have gone either way. 2006 came down to a bad pass from Hodgson, 2008 came down to a forward pass ruling with 90 seconds left... it's those sort of things that get lost in this chant of dominance that we keep hearing. They won four straight, they deserve to be commended - sure - but they were rarely dominant.

I can not wait until game 1 next year, this game will be shown to the Queenslanders, and will be used as a bench mark for intensity. I think you lot just opened pandora's box, and i hope for your sake, you can match the way you played on Wednesday and more, cause next year will be personal.
I think this NSW side if picked (with added goodness on the wing in Brett Morris, a possible centre berth for one J. Idris :D) has the intensity to match. Watmough or Noddy = captain IMO.

dragon_around

Juniors
skeepe said:
4. Brett White king hits a bloke who isn't looking. Trent Waterhouse blindsides him, grabs him round the neck and twists, attempting to break it. He then slams the head into the ground in an attempt to do more damage.

Could have sworn Brett White and Steve Price were going toe to toe.

How white managed to run behind Price, king hit him and then move back in front of him is a mystery. With speed like that someone better sign him as a centre.

Coaster

Bench
Could have sworn Brett White and Steve Price were going toe to toe.

How white managed to run behind Price, king hit him and then move back in front of him is a mystery. With speed like that someone better sign him as a centre.

A king hit does not have to be from behind.

Just an unexpected hit.

I dont know whether the Price hit falls into that category, but you have your definition of King hit wrong.

Timmah

Staff member
Ignore skeepe, he has NFI and lives in a world of delusions.

I find this bloody amusing how Queensland are whoring themselves in the press talking up the dirty tactics of NSW...good luck.

They think they can dish it out but can't cop it...merkins.

Latest posts