What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: PF1 Fri :: Bulldogs 12 Eels 22 @ ANZ

2009 Grand Finalist #1: Bulldogs or Eels?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Chook Norris

First Grade
I had a dream last night about Hazem losing..... in the GF.. :shock:

well if that means anything :sarcasm:, Eels will lose

The Dodger

First Grade
don't even bother getting excited guys.

the winner from this game will lose to melbourne in the finals.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
We managed to beat a full strength Melbourne without Noddy in Round 11, no reason we can't use the same blueprint with added Noddy to do the same. Provided we win on Friday, that is.

Sorry Timmah, but myself and nobody else here is buying that. We are talking about two very different Melbourne sides. Melbourne earlier in the season were off the pace and struggling in comparison to other years. Melbourne now have turned their form around at the right end of the season and can beat any of the other four sides left and are in better form than the Bulldogs.

But anyways who cares about Bulldogs v Storm because IMO the Doggies wont beat the Eels anyways. Eels are too hot at the moment.

The Colonel

Immortal
Major event transport confirmed for Friday's clash

NRL Wed, 23 Sep 2009 17:22:00

Rugby League fans are being urged to plan their trip to ANZ Stadium with 67,400 fans already snapping up tickets for Friday night’s Telstra Preliminary Final clash between the Bulldogs and Eels.

And so far it is the Eels leading the race to fill the stadium with Parramatta fans holding 52 percent of tickets in designated supporter bays and Bulldogs fans 48 percent.

The NSW Government today announced that Friday’s match has been given major event status and that all tickets to the game will include entry and travel on CityRail, Sydney Olympic Park Major Event Buses, regular Sydney Buses and Sydney Ferries.

More than 13,000 tickets are still available for the match but fans are urged to plan their trip and pre-purchase tickets to avoid possible box office queues and traffic delays on game night.

“With such a large crowd converging on ANZ Stadium we would encourage all fans to plan their trip and arrive early as there is nothing worse than getting stuck in traffic or in a line outside when the game has kicked off,” NRL Chief Operating Officer, Mr Graham Annesley,” said today.

“There are two exciting curtain-raisers, including the Dragons and Wests Tigers in the Toyota Cup Preliminary Final, so there will be plenty of entertainment for fans before the Dogs-Eels match.

“The NSW Government has put in place a major event transport plan and all fans should make the most of those services.”

Tickets for the Bulldogs-Eels match are available through Ticketek on 132 849, at Ticketek outlets or online at www.ticketek.com.au.

For transport information, call Transport Info on 131 500 or go to the website www.131500.info. Please note that a station access fee applies for travel from Green Square, Mascot, Domestic and International Airport stations to the city.

Fans for Friday night’s match who have ordered pre-paid tickets and have not selected to have mailed out are urged to collect them from the agencies listed below before game day.

More than 19,000 tickets have also been sold for Saturday night’s Preliminary Final between the Storm and Brisbane Broncos at Melbourne’s Etihad Stadium.

Tickets for the Storm-Broncos match are on sale now through Ticketmaster by calling 13 61 00, online at www.ticketmaster.com.au or at Ticketmaster outlets.

For more information on this weekend's Telstra Premiership Finals please visit www.nrl.com/finals

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latest...port-confirmed-for-fridays-clash/default.aspx

Ron Jeremy

Coach
:lol:

I couldn't see what the other team's jersey was though..

It doesn't matter, for them to loose in dreams meas the opposite, not only will they win this game ut the GF too, i'm sorry i have these dreams all the time, and they're always done in a reverse way.

f**k it, i'm not going now.

jono

Juniors
don't even bother getting excited guys.

the winner from this game will lose to melbourne in the finals.
Actually with all the hype of this being the REAL GF , it is a concern that the winner will be emotionally and mentally too spent to be able to fire up for the GF. I must admit , if the Eels lose , I will probably cheer for the dogs (bite me tongue!) because
A. they will be defending the honour of Sydney
B. they should be applauded for the turnaround(worst to first)
C. under the regime of Greenberg and Kev Moore, and the removal of the riff-raff (Mason ,Matua ,SBW etc) they are a far less unlikeable club.

Of course , this won't be the case as THE MIGHTY EELS WILL BRING IT HOME.THIS WEEK AND NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eels 24 Dogs 14

Chook Norris

First Grade
30m705j.jpg

C.P

Juniors
Theres one thing I think fans of both clubs really, really, really fear in this match

Video Ref: Bill Harrigan

jimmythehand

Juniors
i'm liking the fact that Inu is looking like a starter - could be a weak link for the Doggies to take advantage of IMO.

jimmythehand

Juniors
I was quite impressed with Wright in the centres. He was definitely found wanting on the wing though.

Inu had major form problems this year. He was just starting to look dangerous in his last few games and getting back to his best - but there's nothing like a few weeks break with injury for your confidence to suffer another setback, just as things were starting to look good for you. I'm thinking (hoping?) that Inu could have a bit of a shocker.

Sleep

Juniors
Inu has always stepped up in the big games I can remember him playing in. I think it'll be a huge boost if and it appears he will play. He'd be marking Idris and I think he'd cause far more headaches than be dealing with. Idris has been woefully out of form and his defense since he hurt his elbow has been nothing short of horrific.