What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R10 Fri :: Dragons 20 Bulldogs 18 @ WIN Jubilee

Heritage Round 10 - Dragons v Bulldogs

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aussie7798

First Grade
as a dragons supporter i think the way they are calling the obstruction rule is horrible but they have been calling penalties for similiar obstructions all year, at least they are showing some consitency

as for clarke that would be the first desicion he has called for us ever he has screwed us at every turn up till now, if you look at our forums you will see he is one of our least favourite refs

clipser

Juniors
pretty discrageful decision, however the bulldogs supporters did themselves no favours.... the CEO was even on the footy show saying that all that crap was behind them...

drake

First Grade
as a dragons supporter i think the way they are calling the obstruction rule is horrible but they have been calling penalties for similiar obstructions all year, at least they are showing some consitency

as for clarke that would be the first desicion he has called for us ever he has screwed us at every turn up till now, if you look at our forums you will see he is one of our least favourite refs
True, I think Clarke only ruled No try to get the spotlight; he used to think the fans came to see him.

Dogs were screwed pretty hard, but no need to start sh*t.

Shocking call , I hate the dogs but they were robbed.

Soward if anything was shepparding Eastwood off the ball as a support player.

Clark should be sacked , incompetent.

Ribs

Bench
LOL at the Roosters supporters blowing up at Soward.

Must be hurting having a bunch of soft c*cks to follow.

Wasnt the only dodgy decision so cop it on the chin.

Oh and Roosters.... 29 - 0.

Kiki

First Grade
it was a crap decision and i sympathise with Doggies fans but come on...its not like it's a final or anything.

Game_Breaker

Coach
it was a crap decision and i sympathise with Doggies fans but come on...its not like it's a final or anything.

Thats not the point

It was blatently obvious it was a try, the only explanation is Steven Clark doesnt know the obstruction rule

Xplosive

Juniors
Disgraceful decision...Dogs rorted, Steve Clark should give it away....will love to hear Bill Harrigan weasel his way out of this one on Mon nite.

BTW...the greaseball scumbag dogs fan caught on nines cameras throwing a bottle on the field should be banned from NRL for life.

f**k oath, ban the scums

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
Pretty sure it was the same video ref who, two years ago at WIN Stadium, robbed the Dragons against the Bulldogs in the final minutes when Sonny Bill Williams stole the ball off Ben Creagh in a clear 2-on-1 rake and awarded the try.

Let's also look at the same bloke, as referee, at Kogarah in 1998 against Canterbury when he awarded a try in the last couple of minutes after a pass thrown on the 10m line was caught 5m out .. yeah, so the pass was only 5m forward. Dragons robbed by the referee against Canterbury again.

Hell, let's go back to the 1985 Grand Final when St George were robbed against Canterbury after a knock-on in the previous was blatantly ignored. Indeed, watch the highlights video again .. Ray Warren admits it in commentary as "very dubious circumstances" ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT2PBgv3ovY .... Saints robbed AGAIN against Canterbury.

These are just examples I can think of against Canterbury alone right now. There are probably others against them too in the last 20 years.

We get one decision go our way, and all of a sudden it's the biggest joke in the history of rugby league.

FMD, I remember getting rorted in the '96 GF, the '98 Final, the '99 Grand Final, the '05 Prelim Final .. these are matches which actually counted. And the Bulldogs are crying blue murder at getting dudded in Round 10.

mxlegend99

Referee
I'm not a Dragons supporter, and i thought it was the correct decision. Based ont he rulings we've seen all year, Jamor Soward was denied a fair chance at making a tackle he most likely could have and would have made. At the very least he probably would have slowed down momentum.

They will disallow any try where an opportunity has been denied. IMO he was clearly denied the opportunity. As harsh as the decision is, it fits in with the rules and decisions made in recent times.

8Ball

First Grade
I'm not a Dragons supporter, and i thought it was the correct decision. Based ont he rulings we've seen all year, Jamor Soward was denied a fair chance at making a tackle he most likely could have and would have made. At the very least he probably would have slowed down momentum.

They will disallow any try where an opportunity has been denied. IMO he was clearly denied the opportunity. As harsh as the decision is, it fits in with the rules and decisions made in recent times.

No it doesn't. Greg Eastwood was onside, and was entitled to be there. The situation was exactly the same as when someone makes a break in general play and the men in support jostle with the defending players in order to try and get into a better position.

mxlegend99

Referee
He was offside to begin with though. Jamie Soward was backing toward him. It looked as though he was trying to close the gap between himself and the next Dragons player.

He more then likely milked being denied the opportunity. But it's pretty easy to see why they ruled the way they did. In realtime I thought it was a guaranteed try, but after a single replay i was pretty 50/50 on the decision.

An opposition player got in the way, and regardless of whether or not it played any part in the try being scored... the NRL love to disallow these tries. Nevermind the fac they are more then happy to award some bullsh*t try where a player barely touches a ball bouncing in the goal area.

8Ball

First Grade
What were the bulldogs players supposed to do when Goodwin received the kick? Disappear and run off the field? I do agree with the "NRL love to disallow tries" point though. And this one just goes wayyy too far. You could even see it in the dragons players' reactions at the end of the game. Didn't appear to be any jubilation..

mxlegend99

Referee
It's a tough situation IMO. While common sense would rate it as a try, these absolutely ridiculous rules and precedents pretty much rule common sense out of the equation.

While i get excited everytime the Panthers cross the tryline, i never actually celebrate a try until it has been awarded. With how frequently tries are disallowed, i'm always hesitant to believe they will be allowed. That's how bad it is.

Gaba

First Grade
Shocking decision by klien which i think will cost him a spot in the nrl , when he ruled an obstruction against weyman and the dragons support player who was about to score, there was no player touching or near weyman or the support player when out of the blue klien ruled a penalty one of the worst decision ever in the nrl ,

Dogs Of War

Coach
Pretty sure it was the same video ref who, two years ago at WIN Stadium, robbed the Dragons against the Bulldogs in the final minutes when Sonny Bill Williams stole the ball off Ben Creagh in a clear 2-on-1 rake and awarded the try.

Let's also look at the same bloke, as referee, at Kogarah in 1998 against Canterbury when he awarded a try in the last couple of minutes after a pass thrown on the 10m line was caught 5m out .. yeah, so the pass was only 5m forward. Dragons robbed by the referee against Canterbury again.

Hell, let's go back to the 1985 Grand Final when St George were robbed against Canterbury after a knock-on in the previous was blatantly ignored. Indeed, watch the highlights video again .. Ray Warren admits it in commentary as "very dubious circumstances" ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT2PBgv3ovY .... Saints robbed AGAIN against Canterbury.

These are just examples I can think of against Canterbury alone right now. There are probably others against them too in the last 20 years.

We get one decision go our way, and all of a sudden it's the biggest joke in the history of rugby league.

FMD, I remember getting rorted in the '96 GF, the '98 Final, the '99 Grand Final, the '05 Prelim Final .. these are matches which actually counted. And the Bulldogs are crying blue murder at getting dudded in Round 10.

I will order you a box of tissues.

You also forgot about the 1995 semi vs the Dogs. I love remembering how Mundine dropped the ball over the line with no one around him.

As for those other finals you lost, get real!

05 Prelim final?

You got beaten by a much, much better team.