What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R10 Mon :: Storm 46 Raiders 6 @ Olympic

Heritage Round 10 - Storm v Raiders

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aussies1st

Staff member
:lol::lol:
You are joking right the storm beat the 14th and 15th teams , amongst the worst defences in the league

It's all about the confidence they will gain and you will see in the next few weeks there attack clicking a lot better than it has in the past 9 rounds.

AILD

Bench
canberra=myth. lol

good win by the boys...sure the raiders arent top of the table material at the moment but hopefully this builds some confidence in the guys. That defence tonight would have kept most teams out IMO.

bileduct

Coach
Good to see the storm can win home games by as much as they lose Grand Finals, but there is simply no excuse to only score 46 against the most pathetic Raiders lineup in history.

Cletus

First Grade
Good to see the storm can win home games by as much as they lose Grand Finals, but there is simply no excuse to only score 46 against the most pathetic Raiders lineup in history.

I was just thinking that, a good team would have put 100 on them:D. I can't believe I thought Canberra were a hope in this, Gaba has probably overtaken my in my tipping league:oops:.

Very impressive by Melbourne, Finch does seem to be helping them. Canberra were pathetic though.

Noa

First Grade
Not a state secret but the Raiders need a decent half in the worst possible way.

This is something I am really struggling to understand...we have nearly an identical team to the back end of last year, and yet, we are looking like the worst raider's team ive ever seen...what gives.

skeepe

Immortal
What an embarrassing second half performance. Well done Melbourne.

Now that that's out of the way, can someone explain how Brett Suttor is a first grade referee? That was one of the worst hatchet jobs I have ever seen on a rugby league team. A Melbourne player, Blair I think, throws himself forward without a hand on him, penalty Melbourne. Cooper Cronk falls over, penalty Melbourne. Marc Herbert goes up to contest a kick, penalty Melbourne. Steve Turner drops the ball cold trying to play it without a hand near him, penalty Melbourne. Scott Logan does what every single prop in the game does on a kick and starts walking forward early without coming into contact with the opposition, penalty Melbourne. Terry Campese gives Brett White a little nudge as he's going to ground when White himself swung at Shillington less than 2 minutes earlier, penalty Melbourne. Brett Suttor is a f**king disgrace.

Now once again, before people get into a blind lather about whinging Canberra supporters, I am not saying that this cost us the game. Clearly Canberra's total lack of an attacking game plan coupled with a shocking defensive effort did that all on it's own. I am merely highlighting just how f**king bad the standard of refereeing is. We're bad enough without the opposition getting a helping hand every bloody game. I mean honestly, when have you ever seen a penalty like the one Logan conceded? When will we ever see it again? The answer to both those questions is NEVER. It's just so f**king ridiculous.

I thought Justin Carney and Tom Learoyd-Lahrs were sensational, the rest.... hmmm. What Furner was thinking taking TLL off 3 minutes into the second half I'll never know. We lost our go-forward without him, and you could see it return immediately when he came back on with 7 minutes to go. Dumb dumb dumb coaching.

Cletus

First Grade
Get over it Skeepe. Melbourne seem to get a lot of home town penalties but Melbourne were way too good and way too strong. Although Bob's son Brett is playing for them now, so maybe he ordered the stitchup?

MsStorm

Bench
This is something I am really struggling to understand...we have nearly an identical team to the back end of last year, and yet, we are looking like the worst raider's team ive ever seen...what gives.

You guys simply had a really bad night..nothing went your way..
Too good a team to be playing like that imo.

What an embarrassing second half performance. Well done Melbourne.

Now that that's out of the way, can someone explain how Brett Suttor is a first grade referee? That was one of the worst hatchet jobs I have ever seen on a rugby league team. A Melbourne player, Blair I think, throws himself forward without a hand on him, penalty Melbourne. Cooper Cronk falls over, penalty Melbourne. Marc Herbert goes up to contest a kick, penalty Melbourne. Steve Turner drops the ball cold trying to play it without a hand near him, penalty Melbourne. Scott Logan does what every single prop in the game does on a kick and starts walking forward early without coming into contact with the opposition, penalty Melbourne. Terry Campese gives Brett White a little nudge as he's going to ground when White himself swung at Shillington less than 2 minutes earlier, penalty Melbourne. Brett Suttor is a f**king disgrace.

Now once again, before people get into a blind lather about whinging Canberra supporters, I am not saying that this cost us the game. Clearly Canberra's total lack of an attacking game plan coupled with a shocking defensive effort did that all on it's own. I am merely highlighting just how f**king bad the standard of refereeing is. We're bad enough without the opposition getting a helping hand every bloody game. I mean honestly, when have you ever seen a penalty like the one Logan conceded? When will we ever see it again? The answer to both those questions is NEVER. It's just so f**king ridiculous.

I thought Justin Carney and Tom Learoyd-Lahrs were sensational, the rest.... hmmm. What Furner was thinking taking TLL off 3 minutes into the second half I'll never know. We lost our go-forward without him, and you could see it return immediately when he came back on with 7 minutes to go. Dumb dumb dumb coaching.

Agree with some of your comments..TLL was the only forward getting some metres.

I also question why the Raiders did not keep on bombing Tomane's wing...Monaghan scoed quite easily yet they did not bomb that wing again ??.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I also question why the Raiders did not keep on bombing Tomane's wing...Monaghan scoed quite easily yet they did not bomb that wing again ??.

They did it twice more and Tomane came out the winner both times :?