What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R11 Mon :: Cowboys 36 Knights 10 @ Dairy Farmers

Round 11 :: Cowboys v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Charlie124 said:
As for us being a one man team. Thats completely true.... if you choose to ignore Bowen, Payne, O'Donnell, Tonga, Burns etc.... and either way it's very rich coming from knights fans of all people.

LOL I know right, hiliarious that Knights fans have the gall to use the completely uneducated one man team line...
Yeah, you know what? You're right. We can't win without Joey. I mean, after all, the fact we managed to get within a win of the finals last year, and also the fact we're in second spot on the ladder must all be a fluke ... :shock:

perverse

Referee
we were a one man team when johns was playing (largely due to michael hagen).

cowboys are now a 1... maybe a 2 man team. there's absolutely nothing wrong with that, as long as you have that/those men on the field.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
That is, unless they're talking about Gids. In which case, well, we don't know ...

Shorty

Staff member
Logic suggests the title was when Joey was ACTUALLY playing, JD...though you knew that.
Yeah you're right Perverse there is nothing wrong with that, however, if JT wasn't the high profile player he is that lazy title wouldn't be applied.
Last year one of the few games we won was WITHOUT JT.

Apey

Staff member
LOL I know right, hiliarious that Knights fans have the gall to use the completely uneducated one man team line...

The Knights are playing well but their place on the ladder is deceptive and they won't be there for long...

Not really sure how it's deceptive after beating some of the previous front-runners like the Titans, Dragons and Broncos.

I reckon we'll win in a real close one, by 2 or 4.

Noa

First Grade
IMO the way the Cowboys play they are the worst TEAM in the comp. Thurston and to a lesser extent Bowen are all they have. The Knights on the other hand have threats all over the park, it could be anyone creating a chance. Pretty sure the ladder paints a clear picture for you.

Luke O'Donnell is pretty fkn good. When fit and in form arguably the most complete back-rower in the comp.

mxlegend99

Referee
I'm predicting a very high scoring game, with the Cowboys coming out ahead by 4 points. I have absolutely no confidence at all in picking a winner in this game though.

Pika

Bench
If only keeping Thurston quiet was as simple as typing it on this thread.... class player, hard to stop.

Should be a good game.

Sleep

Juniors
Just shut Thurston down? What makes you think every other team doesn't game plan for him and his show and go?

:lol:

Joker's Wild

Coach
It wont be as simple as "just shut JT down"

The Knights will need to dominate the Cows forwards and put effective pressure on the 5th tackle options to limit the amount of space he has to work with. They also need to get in his face when defending close to the line and not fall for his dummy and run. Taia, Houston and if he plays Simpson are the men for this job.

Knights by 14

Shorty

Staff member
Not really sure how it's deceptive after beating some of the previous front-runners like the Titans, Dragons and Broncos.

I reckon we'll win in a real close one, by 2 or 4.
Don't get me wrong, Apey, I think that the Knights when on song are very dangerous.
However they appear to play in waves of intensity (yes granted a few teams do) but in the sense that when they're up, they're up but when they're down...they go very low.
They're such a young team that they struggle to handle their intensity at times.

As for shutting JT down...:roll:
So...is that like, shutting Lockyer down? Or maybe shutting Prince down? Shutting Stewart down?

I'm sure it's that method that loses games, teams focus too much on JT and Mango will flourish.

Billybob

Juniors
read an article about how hes now playing up in the defensive line more, that should now make it easier for the Knights to shut him down ,he will have no time to think about the plays

Bicey_18

Bench
Knights have won 5 of the last 7 in Townsville...

3 of the last 4 against the Cowboys....

Knights to win by 10-12

keeney

First Grade
I worry Cows are gonna be like the Titans and tigers and a difficult team for us to beat. Although their forwards are fairly fat and perhaps it's just the JT/Prince/Benji correlation that bothers me.

I feel we'll probs lose this one. We're due a loss and I think Thurston is the man to give it to us. Hope otherwise though. If last week was an indication of how we're gonna play from now on, we'll win well. I just don't think it is. We're too young for that level of consistency.