What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R14 Fri :: Broncos 22 Bulldogs 44 @ Suncorp

Round 14 :: Broncos v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimmythehand

Juniors
Bulldogs have a poor record when they come against the better teams

percentages say the broncos by 13+

Gaba has a poor record when it comes to predicting anything, especially anything about the Bulldogs.

percentages say anything but Broncos by 13+. Lay it at BetFair now, it's as guaranteed a winner as you'll ever get.

Rovelli

Bench
Tough one to call. Broncos will be keen to atone for Friday and with Lockyer back they sure will. Dogs still a good team. Broncos, just?

thommo4pm

Coach
Dogs getting a lucky break again.
They had 2 weeks to prepare for another tough match, and now the Broncos can't even train together.

Can the draw and other influences work out any better for this myth of a team.

Brisbane get their players on the field, and they will destroy the Dogs.

Broncos 36
Dogs 12.

jimmythehand

Juniors
I wonder what excuse Bulldogs knockers will give this week when we again show we've got the ability to beat any other premiership contender. Dogs will win this in a canter, or else the Broncos will find some form and it will be a cracker of a game going down to the wire.

Last edited:

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
lol "luck of the draw" we beat the Storm 13+ sans Noddy. Lost 2 points against Saints due to conceded refereeing incompetence, then another 2 points from an interchange error. We're not "lucky", we're anything but. The fact we're equal first despite this is quite remarkable tbh.

dogz08

First Grade
Dogs getting a lucky break again.
They had 2 weeks to prepare for another tough match, and now the Broncos can't even train together.

Can the draw and other influences work out any better for this myth of a team.

Brisbane get their players on the field, and they will destroy the Dogs.

Broncos 36
Dogs 12.

Worse then Gaba..

miccle

Bench
I'm gonna revise my prediction in light of the death of the mighty Cyril this week. I think the boys will put in a big effort in his honour, and hopefully won't lie down.

That being said, claims the Bulldogs are "lucky" or a "myth" are unfounded and ridiculous IMO. Half of the season has been played. They beat Penrith but were stripped of the points, and were absolutely dudded against the Dragons IMO.

No team can sustain total luck for half a season. The very thought is far-fetched IMO. They're one of the benchmark teams this year and a damn good chance of being there on GF day. Doggies will win this one in a close battle, but I hope our boys can stage an upset.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
This will be the biggest choke of the season if the Dogs don't win this now.

The amount the Dogs win by will be dependent on the attitude of the Broncos players imo. I think they gave up last week when they found out Lockyer wasn't playing. Lets see what the Broncs produce this week with their backs to the wall.

thommo4pm

Coach
lol "luck of the draw" we beat the Storm 13+ sans Noddy. Lost 2 points against Saints due to conceded refereeing incompetence, then another 2 points from an interchange error. We're not "lucky", we're anything but. The fact we're equal first despite this is quite remarkable tbh.

You had the easiest draw of the lot in the first 8 rounds.
You've had 2 byes before other teams have had any.
You got a bye after City/country and the test match.

You got to play Saints after your bye, having 2 weeks to prepare for it. Saints players playing their 4th game in 12 days, and you still lost.

You got to play the Storm after they played a Monday night game.

You played Newcastle minus their Origin players. And they had a sh*tload of players out (which obviously is a Newcastle problem).

Then you get to play Brisbane this week after a bye and 2 weeks to prepare for them. Now they have been struck down by a swine flu crisis.

Pretty cruisy draw if you ask me.

You lost 2 points for having 14 men on the field and scoring that try with 14 men on the field. I'm sure Penrith would like those 2 points.

No byes left and you guys have to play some quality teams in the next 8 weeks. No resting up and 2 weeks to get ready for big games.
The Dogs slide down the ladder will start in around 3 weeks, there were already signs of it against the Knights.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol: You're full of sh!t.

Post bookmarked for egg on your face come September 5.

8Ball

First Grade
hmm..This should be a real close one. Expecting this one to be won by less than 4 points.

Timmah

Staff member
New major sponsor for the 'Dogs. Shall be worn tomorrow night :D

bul2009jaycar-main.jpg