What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R14 Sun :: Raiders 22 Sharks 24 @ Canberra

Round 14 :: Raiders v Sharks

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

skeepe

Immortal
i'd beg to differ..

You'd be wrong. I'm merely posting my thoughts. I think what happened out there was a farce. The Sharks had plenty of help, the Raiders had plenty of hindrance. Shayne Hayne appeared to enter the match with a pre-conceived notion of how the match would go and appeared to referee accordingly. I don't think he did it deliberately, but it still happened.

The refereeing is absolutely woeful in this competition, and I don't think many of you would disagree with that. When a bloke gets penalised and even reported for hitting the kicker simultaneous with the kick, I think we can all agree that it's gone too far.

BWNB

First Grade
You'd be wrong. I'm merely posting my thoughts. I think what happened out there was a farce. The Sharks had plenty of help, the Raiders had plenty of hindrance. Shayne Hayne appeared to enter the match with a pre-conceived notion of how the match would go and appeared to referee accordingly. I don't think he did it deliberately, but it still happened.

The refereeing is absolutely woeful in this competition, and I don't think many of you would disagree with that. When a bloke gets penalised and even reported for hitting the kicker simultaneous with the kick, I think we can all agree that it's gone too far.
It was, bloody Hayne didnt call the knock on that led to your first try, but bloody Hayne did give you guys a penalty that gave you the lead 18-20.
Ill tell you what was a farce, Haynes attempt on Fergo in goal where he beat 3 Raiders an in tern get the Sharks up field to score that set...

Raider_69

Post Whore
my only issue was in the last set of the game, not one tackle were the sharks on side. The 2nd last tackle, one the sharks was about 3 metres off side. It wasn't a case of them not getting involved either. The tacklers where off side and standing right in front of hayne. I know this because it was directly in front of the bay i sit in. The ref's are sacred to make a call in the dying minutes in case they get it wrong. We should have got a penalty and a chance to tie the game. If it was the 3rd minute and not the 80th he wouldn't have hesitated.

Regardless we are absolute bile this year. We just can't seem to win the close games. There is about 4 games this year we should have won but for one reason or another didn't. The inability to close out the tight contest is why we're where we are. Our season is officially over.

Last edited:

Raider_69

Post Whore
also, i'd like to point out that was one of the worst games of footy i've seen. Seriously some park football stuff by both side's. Yesterdays game showed exactly why neither side will be playing footy come september. Any half decent side would have put 50 on both of us. We'll need to start now if we want to beat melbourne in two weeks time

skeepe

Immortal
Can anyone explain how the Sharks end up with a clean sweep of the Dally M points for a game where they only took the lead for the first time with 2 minutes to go and only won by 2 points?

BWNB

First Grade
Can anyone explain how the Sharks end up with a clean sweep of the Dally M points for a game where they only took the lead for the first time with 2 minutes to go and only won by 2 points?

Because you're not the judge?

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
It's a conspiracy against Canberra.

Raider_69

Post Whore
:x

I imagine when you're a side in a position to win the game from kick off, at home, against a side with next to no talent and some how you get beaten, that probably earns your side zero Dally M points
That was never a game we should have lost, we found a way to lose it. Absolute fecal matter.

skeepe

Immortal
:x

I imagine when you're a side in a position to win the game from kick off, at home, against a side with next to no talent and some how you get beaten, that probably earns your side zero Dally M points
That was never a game we should have lost, we found a way to lose it. Absolute fecal matter.

To be honest, it was one of those games where you could honestly say there didn't deserve to be a winner. Both teams tried ever so hard to lose it, Canberra just wanted it more.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Yeah. But you are a biased merkin.

If one neatral fan can say honestly with a straight face they enjoyed that game of footy, ill eat my hat
It was so far below NRL quality its not funny, the good sides in this comp would have embarrassed both teams...

We'll need a 3 day headstart to get within COOOE of manly this week

Dutchy

Immortal
It was a horrible game I agree. But for Sharks to fight as hard as they did and grab a win from behind, they deserved the win.