What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R15 Mon :: Sharks 46 Broncos 12 @ Toyota

Round 15 :: Sharks v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeeJ

Bench
At the time it was introduced not many clubs had a white jersey so it was ideal to avoid any clashes. That's my theory anyway.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Pissweak penalty, that's why sometimes I think Matt Elliott's variable penalties proposal has some merit. That wasn't worth two points.

no name

Coach
That should have been a try
6 to go at least
I also didn't see any doubt in the 1st try to Ferguson

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Yep, because McCullough threw the ball away.

Don't see how that wasn't a try to Copley either, although he wasn't confident himself...

no name

Coach
Yep, because McCullough threw the ball away.

Don't see how that wasn't a try to Copley either, although he wasn't confident himself...
That is a bullsh!t penalty then. You see that happen alot without being punished, he was obviously annoyed with himself/PJ Marsh and vented some anger.
A 'square up' of sorts followed with that penalty for 'tackling in the air' although it didn't lead to points.
These softcoc penalties are annoying because there is no consistancy shown

Big Pete

Referee
The one game where the refs decide to blow a penalty for throwing the ball away...

Broncos are struggling though, their bench is ineffective and with such youngsters in key positions it's hard to find any continuity.

Ghoulies

Bench
Well that's about as bad as it gets for Brisbane. Fair enough they're missing some very important members of our first grade squad, but they've f**ked up pretty much all of the fundamentals that a Rugby League player should have a grasp on.

I agree it was a bullshyte penalty, but Broncs have not done themselves any favours in the first half. Most of teh forwards are playing well but the kicking game has been ugly and thats hurt them.

Sharks are playing better footy but seriously should have put more on the way the broncs defense has been out wide.

Henjack will be doing some work on the younsters in the sheds, so may see a fight back in the second half

Big Pete

Referee
To be fair, there was a square up of sorts when Porter 'tackled' Copley in the air.

Ghoulies basically summed it up. The Broncos aren't even getting the basics right. If they can do that, they maybe a chance but until then I believe the Sharks are going to shake them up.

To be fair, there was a square up of sorts when Porter 'tackled' Copley in the air.

Ghoulies basically summed it up. The Broncos aren't even getting the basics right. If they can do that, they maybe a chance but until then I believe the Sharks are going to shake them up.

Well if they do Pete (and thats a big if with our guys), I will only have one major regret.

That your blokes are not wearing an ugly red V on your jerseys

was it just me who saw a problem with the first try? super effort to get the ball down and deserves the try for the effort but as fergerson was being tackled his foot clearley slid across the sideline before the momentum of the tackle lifted his feet and body in the air and then he grounded the ball while his whole body was in the air.

But why wasnt it ruled that he went into touch when his foot initially slid across the line before he attempted to ground the ball?

Naturally, I disagree. His foot didnt slide. It was just in the air.

Big Pete

Referee
I had no problems with it other than Yow Yeh's horrible attempt. It was like he was hugging the bloke!