What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R15 Mon :: Sharks 46 Broncos 12 @ Toyota

Round 15 :: Sharks v Broncos

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pantherz9103

First Grade
138 points conceded in 3 games. You can't simply put that down to missing players and origin commitments. They'll probably get going again with several top class players returning and still make the 8 as they always manage to, but it will be a short lived stay. I hope their form continues like this though, it would improve Penrith's chances of making the 8.

The forward pack was only missing Thaiday. It shows how much they are missing the Bulldog quartet.

no name

Coach
Fuc whiz freeman gets dumber every week. They need to p!ss him off he adds nothing to the broadcast.

no name

Coach
Was he the idiot who said that Parker was quiet tonight? He was by far the best player out there for the Broncos.
He said he would be back in 5 days for Monday night footy.
And his advice to NSW was to forget the game plan and just get down and dirty and tough whatever the fuc that means

Keep in mind this was meant to be a rebuilding year for us. Having lost half our team again last year, bringing in Folau, Te'o. I was quite happy when we were equal first a month ago because I knew this was going to happen. At the very, very least we're still in the 8 and playing Parra this week.

Our winning teams in the past have never dealt in excuses at this time of year. They've won a few, lost a few and got on with it. At least our performances can't sink any lower than tonight, only way is up (yeah, I said that 2 weeks ago. hmm..)

Our defence has been poor all year, we're lacking defence in the forwards department (minus Thaiday, obviously). With the backline we have, I'm surprised we haven't been winning games 40-38* every week, like Penrith did when they won it in 2003.

Anyway, this is the period that defines Brisbane's season every year. I'm not sure a lot of other clubs could cope with our origin representation, let alone make the finals for something like 18 odd years in a row now. It sucks on nights like tonight and the last 3 weeks watching us get belted all across the park, but given the expectations I had for us this year I'm reasonably satisfied with where we're at, but not right now.

*note:exaggeration

miccle

Bench
Firstly, well played Sharkies! You guys played some amazing attacking football and of course thoroughly deserved the big win. Good to see the team blooding youngsters with successful results.

I'm most disappointed in our forwards. Last night, and in the previous weeks, we've only been missing Thaiday, if anyone. Absolutely gutless efforts all around, with no commitment or pride in the jumper whatsoever. A superstar 1-7 means squat when you have a pack full of marshmallows. We may make the eight this year, if we're lucky, but I'm prepared to completely write us off for the premiership as of now.

Finally, I totally don't agree with the crticism of Henjak, or using these performances to make the point that "Bennett was better". Wayne presided over many slumps and losing streaks in his time at the Broncos...

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Really?

Bennett may have overseen many-a-slump in his time, but I don't recall a time where he allowed his side to slump to three straight 40+ point defeats... I'm sure Henjak will improve over time but his inexperience is showing at the moment.

Henjak also has the disadvantage of dealing with Lockyer's "twilight years" where his forum is (very) slowly going downhill.

miccle

Bench
Really?

Bennett may have overseen many-a-slump in his time, but I don't recall a time where he allowed his side to slump to three straight 40+ point defeats... I'm sure Henjak will improve over time but his inexperience is showing at the moment.

Henjak also has the disadvantage of dealing with Lockyer's "twilight years" where his forum is (very) slowly going downhill.

Bennett was in charge in 2003, 2004 and 2005 where we ALWAYS lost at least 85% of our last 10 games of the season. Sure, there weren't three big losses in a row. But, that being said, look at the games:

1. Lost to Melbourne Storm. Two days after Origin one.

2. Lost to the Bulldogs. Trained as a team once in the week leading up to the game, plus SIX of the teams biggest names were in quarantine at home for 72 hours in the lead-up.

3. Lost to the Sharks fielding plenty of rookies with all Origin reps and Hodges out.

Now, those are not excuses for not winning, but IMO they go a long way to making up the difference between a 2-try loss and a 5-try loss. My opinion, of course.

I knew that a form slump would see people calling for Henjak's head, but the fact of the matter remains that Bennett was NEVER in charge of a Broncos team with such a weak forward pack. At no time in the last 15 years, barring a major injury crisis, would the likes of Joel Clinton, Ashton Sims, Ben Te'o and Lagi Setu all have been first-choice forwards. Never ever. Some of the weakest forward packs Bennett ever named still had the likes of Carlaw, Thorn, Carroll, Webcke and Civoniceva interspersed.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm not calling for Henjak's head at all, I think over time he'll develop into a quality coach... I just think this year might see the Broncos too far gone by the time they get back in to form.

miccle

Bench
I'm not calling for Henjak's head at all, I think over time he'll develop into a quality coach... I just think this year might see the Broncos too far gone by the time they get back in to form.

Sorry, I used a poor choice of words. I just think Henjak has very little to do with the fact that we've lost three straight by 40+. The names Wallace, Clinton, Sims, Te'o, Setu etc. have had a far greater impact, as well as the circumstances I stated before.

Frustrating as hell, but overall I'm not unhappy with Ivan or the coaching staff to a great extent. Bit of tackling practise wouldn't go astray though :crazy:

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Really?

[/b]Henjak also has the disadvantage of dealing with Lockyer's "twilight years" where his forum is (very) slowly going downhill[/b].

Which forum does Locky look after mate ?:p

Latest posts