What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R17 Sat :: Storm 18 Knights 14 @ Olympic

Round 17 :: Storm v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Big Pete

Referee
Great win Storm! A real gutsy attitude to hold the Knights out like you did.

Tough luck Newcastle.

Captian_Klutz

Juniors
I think that I am willing to conceede that the best team (on the night) didn't win tonight.

Also if the Storm hit the end of season with a bit of form (Not using it all up to get the minor pre) they could go all the way.

MsStorm

Bench
Good gutsy effort by the storm to pinch it from the knights, who probably deserved to win in those atrocious conditions at Olympic Park.

Just as aside, must say the Newcastle Knights supporters have to be just the nicest bunch of supporters from NSW, very rarely abusive and very fair...you guys should be proud of your team tonight.

mozza91

Coach
Good gutsy effort by the storm to pinch it from the knights, who probably deserved to win in those atrocious conditions at Olympic Park.

Just as aside, must say the Newcastle Knights supporters have to be just the nicest bunch of supporters from NSW, very rarely abusive and very fair...you guys should be proud of your team tonight.
Shhh were all agressive,drunken bogans

mongoose

Coach
Knights were the better team and should have won that. I can't see the knights doing much in the finals with Rogers in the halves. He's gotta be one of the dumbest players i've seen.

I thought the knights tactic of kicking it dead all the time was pretty stupid. Letting slater pick it up with a good kick chase would have been better in the wet.

Storm got out of jail big time...the Knights are a strong team and will go far in the finals. I just hope they finish 7th or 8th and then get matched with the likes of the Dragons or Dogs...an upset could be on the cards.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Is there a team in history that has got out of jail more frequently than the Melbourne Storm? They did it 3 times in succession in '99 to win the comp (I'm still in disbelief at how well the cards fell for them when they looked gone in all 3 games), and they seem to pull another 2-3 bullsh*t escapes every season. I'm also still in disbelief about their escape against Brisbane in the semis last year. The second time I've ever blown up at the Broncos losing (the first was in 2004 when the Storm's shock semi win helped punt the Dragons, along with the Cowboys even bigger shock over the Dogs).

As LESStar58 said: better to be lucky than good (and still better to be both, which Melbourne have been the last few years).

Knights were the better team and should have won that. I can't see the knights doing much in the finals with Rogers in the halves. He's gotta be one of the dumbest players i've seen.

I thought the knights tactic of kicking it dead all the time was pretty stupid. Letting slater pick it up with a good kick chase would have been better in the wet.

Yeah for sure. He just continually comes up with stupid plays. It is by far outweighing any good things he does. We desperately need a halfback like Dureau fit and in the team. Although I am not convinced that he is the long term solution.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Scott may not be the long term solution, but he's a damn sight better player than Rogers ...

Scott may not be the long term solution, but he's a damn sight better player than Rogers ...

Definetely. Rogers needs to be cut from the team. Have Mullen at five eight with Dureau at half. At this stage of the season onwards we can't afford the amount of poor decisions Rogers makes.

I can see us being similar to the Warriors of last year. A little up and down but on our day we can beat one of the top teams regardless of the venue.

MsStorm

Bench
Is there a team in history that has got out of jail more frequently than the Melbourne Storm? They did it 3 times in succession in '99 to win the comp (I'm still in disbelief at how well the cards fell for them when they looked gone in all 3 games), and they seem to pull another 2-3 bullsh*t escapes every season. I'm also still in disbelief about their escape against Brisbane in the semis last year. The second time I've ever blown up at the Broncos losing (the first was in 2004 when the Storm's shock semi win helped punt the Dragons, along with the Cowboys even bigger shock over the Dogs).

As LESStar58 said: better to be lucky than good (and still better to be both, which Melbourne have been the last few years).

Its all rigged Jason:lol::lol::lol: