What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R17 Sun :: Raiders 34 Titans 28 @ Canberra

Round 17 :: Raiders v Titans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How is it a different team? The only thing thats changed is that you've got a handful of inexperienced juniors and zillman.

You were full strength in 07 and got absolutely smashed, last year, you were understrength, and got smashed again, and if it wasnt for an offside try up at skilled this year, you would have lost that game aswell.

As for this game, your probably worse off for personnel than you were last year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Canberra a definite chance today. Should be a cracker.

Jason Maher

Immortal
How is it a different team? The only thing thats changed is that you've got a handful of inexperienced juniors and zillman.

You were full strength in 07 and got absolutely smashed, last year, you were understrength, and got smashed again, and if it wasnt for an offside try up at skilled this year, you would have lost that game aswell.

As for this game, your probably worse off for personnel than you were last year.

He means they're playing differently this year - maintaining the rage instead of fading badly. And I'm pretty sure they did not have their full strength team in '07 - they were gutted by injuries that year, as well as 08.

I cannot for the life of me understand why every man and his dog seems to think the Raiders will win. They had a good win last week, to be sure, but the Titans are clearly the better team, and currently sit in 3rd on differential, compared to the Raiders in an awe-inspiring 13th (prior to this round). Titans by 20.

edit: I just noticed the Titans' injuries. Campbell to 5/8, Zillman to fullback, Mead onto the bench. I'll re-evaluate my tip: Titans by 30 (I like them better with Campbell in the halves and Zillman at the back).

Last edited:

Pete Cash

Post Whore
I'm not really all that confident but I am slightly more confident then I was against the Storm

aussies1st

Staff member
The bookies are liking us this week. Never know which Raiders side will turn up so I wouldn't put any bets down until the match is underway.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Yeah consistency has been our problem. Even in games we have lost (with a few exceptions) we have played well in periods.

Fitness and mental toughness seems to be the problem

aussies1st

Staff member
Pretty much sums up our problem, fitness late in the matches have been a huge problem this season. There have been a number of games where we have lead with 15 minutes to go then we lose it.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
In the under 20s the Gold Coast just kicked off and the ball hit the crossbar and bounced out on the full for the Raiders penalty :lol:

Comedy

aussies1st

Staff member
We better have Vidot locked up as after this display if teams weren't aware of him before they will be now.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
It might just be my imagination but is Gary Belcher just a tiny little bit biased towards the Raiders :lol:

Timbo

Staff member
It might just be my imagination but is Gary Belcher just a tiny little bit biased towards the Raiders :lol:

After all those years of having Daley biased against us it's good to have a club legend on our side!

Timbo

Staff member
First blood to Canberra, 4-0 ktc from a Monaghan intercept off Prince.

Timbo

Staff member
Carney gone with a sickening leg injury.

Note to Dave Furner - this is why you pick a utility on the bench.

Latest posts