What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R18 Sun :: Warriors 14 Bulldogs 18 @ Mt Smart

Round 18 :: Warriors v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shifty

Juniors
Damn, wish I had know Barba was going to play for sure.

Would have had him for last try scorer.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Warriors hit their brick wall again- 14 points. They haven't scored more than 14 points more the last 10 games!

Congrats to Dogs for win with weakened side. Its been an incredible turnaround from last year in their culture and team spirit.

Jono078

Referee
Warriors worst attacking team this year, what the hell happened?

Stacey Jones - Has to be one of the worst come out of retirement stories ever.

I said it at the beginning of the year and i'll say it again, getting rid of Witt was stupid. In fact, if he were there today it probably would have been 18-18 after 80 mins instead of a 14-18 loss.

wittyfan

Referee
Warriors worst attacking team this year, what the hell happened?

Stacey Jones - Has to be one of the worst come out of retirement stories ever.

I said it at the beginning of the year and i'll say it again, getting rid of Witt was stupid. In fact, if he were there today it probably would have been 18-18 after 80 mins instead of a 14-18 loss.

As much talent as Locke has, he's a very poor goalkicker.

Also Cleary thought Kemp would make an adequate replacement for Witty as kicker which was laughable.

And the fact that the Warriors' halves are the same as the ones that they had in 2004 (one of their worst seasons ever) just highlights how far backward they've gone this year.

ByRd

First Grade
Woooooooooooo, what a win, possibly the best of our season. With all those players missing and bringing in so many new faces, it was a good performance and showed the character that the Bulldogs have again, so happy.

Doggiesfan09

Juniors
Where did I say I knew that was going to happen? :roll:
I said if the Dogs get some injuries and suspensions (which has now happened), they will struggle, especially given both byes came so early in the season for the Dogs.
Again......it is very hard to stay mentally and physically "up" for 17 weeks straight which is what the Dogs need to do from their 2nd bye to get through to the Grand Final.

Your wrong there IMO , they could have an off week in the last round and then they only up to be up for 4 weeks, no team plays at their peak every week , so i completely disagree with you its just who peaks and has least injuries who normally come on strong at end of season

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Those are the kind of heart breaking, up and down pulsating matches that teams need to have.

We were severely depleted, up against a Warriors side at their home game, backing up from Monday night football and with an interrupted preparation and yet we were able to grind out a tough win with the kind of side we fielded.

We lost Leaeno after 10 minutes so we were down a player. On top of that, both sides had to deal with piss poor officialdom.

I stand and applaud the 'Dogs for proving that without 8 regular first graders we can still win like that. Well done 'Dogs, definitely a force this year. No one can deny it.

Hmmm...seriously the Warriors have major problems.

Jones is too slow, Hohaia had no options, the ball handling was average and Cleary is lucky to have a contract.

See you in 10 Warriors...

African Monkey

First Grade
I don't think that the Warriors could take anything out of the match even if they were to hold on at the end. They needed a big win today to prove that they do have something on attack but it was more of the same from them today and a grinding win wasn't going to do anything for their confidence.

Kevinator

Juniors
They need to get rid of Jones and stick Locke at number 7. Jones is well past his day and needs to go. Maybe take one of the big boys from the U20 and put them as wing?

Agree...Jones has to go and I would slot Locke into the position now to get him ready for next season.

The forwards have no ball players...they do not have one forward who offloads in the tackle and this seriously limits their attacking strategy to nothing more than pushing it through the backs and hoping for a try.