What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R19 Fri DH :: Bulldogs 23 Titans 16 @ Suncorp

Round 19 :: Bulldogs v Titans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Garts

Bench
There's been two threads previously discussing it, the Round 19 Schedule thread and another earlier this week. Both people who mentioned it frequent this forum enough to have seen it :sleeper:

So because someone frequents the forum a fair bit it means they should read every thread? I spent a bit of time on here but had never seen it as I do not bother reading every thread. What a shock that someone else might be in the same boat.

Dogs by 12.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Why on earth wouldn't Hazem play? :?

Speculation by some wannabe coaches on a forum and actual reality is very different, Haz is in no doubt to play on Friday. Utai won't play either. Predicted lineup IMO:

Patten, El Masri, Millard, Morris, Idris, Roberts, Noddy, Hannant, Ennis, Hodgson, Gordon, Ryan, Stagg
Hickey, Armit, Morrin, Sullivan or Holdsworth

jpaciocco91

Juniors
You've given me ideas for a signature-picture, Bulldogs4Life.
Expect to see one depicting one or more of your players soon.
Cheers.:D:lol::crazy:

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
You've given me ideas for a signature-picture, Bulldogs4Life.
Expect to see one depicting one or more of your players soon.
Cheers.:D:lol::crazy:
No worries champ :D Bring it on lol

I can take pride in knowing I support a very proud club with a great traditional and one that's known as being the family club. Yeah, we use to have a team full of moronic dickheads but that's changed. So it will be good to see what you come up with ;) Let me guess, Morrin on Tahu from the other year? Ennis the mennace?

Oh well, good luck with it :D It's all in good fun.

ouwet

Bench
Why on earth wouldn't Hazem play? :?

Speculation by some wannabe coaches on a forum and actual reality is very different, Haz is in no doubt to play on Friday. Utai won't play either. Predicted lineup IMO:

Patten, El Masri, Millard, Morris, Idris, Roberts, Noddy, Hannant, Ennis, Hodgson, Gordon, Ryan, Stagg
Hickey, Armit, Morrin, Sullivan or Holdsworth

You got inside information on Hannant? I don't think they'll (Bulldogs) risk him... QLD Better not risk him LOL.

Timmah

Staff member
If he's ready for QLD he's ready for us. Simple as that.

ouwet

Bench
If he's ready for QLD he's ready for us. Simple as that.

He thinks his ready for QLD... I really hope the Doctors show common sense; his injury needs at least 5 weeks not 3... I'd be pissed off losing him for the season due to a dead rubber Origin game; I’d be even more pissed off losing him because the Bulldogs played him on Friday night!

Him playing for QLD is just speculation and Lockyer saying "He's running".

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
1. Luke Patten
2. Hazem El Masri

3. Josh Morris
4. Daryl Millard

5. Matt Utai
6. Ben Roberts
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Jarrad Hickey
9. Michael Ennis
10. Michael Hodgson

11. Yileen Gordon
12. Andrew Ryan
13. David Stagg

Interchange:
14. Brad Morrin

15. Chris Armit
16. Gary Warburton
17. Daniel Holdsworth

22. Ben Barba

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Not really happy with the selection of referees for this match.. Nor am I happy that Utai is there along with Holdsworth. Sullivan deserves to be on the bench and hopefully he'll come in as a late inclusion. Same goes for Idris.

Timmah

Staff member
NRL.com seems to be adamant Idris' return is Round 22...

jimmythehand

Juniors
reason I don't want el masri is because he gives us nothing in our 20 metre zone. Look how good the Dragons are in that area with fast and big wingers. That gives your team a lot of momentum and could be the difference between winning and losing. He's also never going to get us a breakaway try.

As far as his goal kicking goes, I think I've seen 2 games this year where we've lost because Hazem has been out-kicked. Probably 2 games we've won because he outkicked the opposition too. But that's not exactly the strike rate you're after when he's mainly in the team for goal kicking.

I know he's got the smarts about him, and he's got that a million times over our other alternatives which is why you'd keep him there. But I think his deficiencies might cost us big time. I'd like to see Idris on the wing. But I know it's not gonna happen, so hopefully he'll just produce a few el magic plays when it matters most, like he has done so often for us before.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
NRL.com seems to be adamant Idris' return is Round 22...
He'll be back this week. Has been training all of last week and the week before. The only reason I could think of as to why Moore wouldn't play him is to be extra careful given it's his first major injury.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
reason I don't want el masri is because he gives us nothing in our 20 metre zone. Look how good the Dragons are in that area with fast and big wingers. That gives your team a lot of momentum and could be the difference between winning and losing. He's also never going to get us a breakaway try.

As far as his goal kicking goes, I think I've seen 2 games this year where we've lost because Hazem has been out-kicked. Probably 2 games we've won because he outkicked the opposition too. But that's not exactly the strike rate you're after when he's mainly in the team for goal kicking.

I know he's got the smarts about him, and he's got that a million times over our other alternatives which is why you'd keep him there. But I think his deficiencies might cost us big time. I'd like to see Idris on the wing. But I know it's not gonna happen, so hopefully he'll just produce a few el magic plays when it matters most, like he has done so often for us before.
Don't agree. Hazem is a true legend, he deserves to see out the year. It's not as though he is bad, either. He is still solid. And his goal kicking is still the best ever.

You say 2 games we've lost this year because of his goal kicking? Can't say that's a true statement. Teams don't loose because a kicker misses a couple of goals. We lost to the Titans in round 3 by 8 points as we were simply out played. We lost to Dragons in round 10, I won't even touch that.. We lost too Knights because we just were not on our game and we lost to Manly because we were severely out played. None of the losses had anything to do with Hazems kicking.