What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R19 Fri DH :: Bulldogs 23 Titans 16 @ Suncorp

Round 19 :: Bulldogs v Titans

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ironhorse

Juniors
good game from the doggies ,the titans actually payed well so it wasn't a free ride by any means .slacked off in the last 10 and the titans took well advantage of it , they'll need to watch that . Also i don't know the penalty count but it felt like the Titans were well up on that front .

Coaster

Bench
I'm dark about the BS penalty for the play the ball, but not the reason we lost. Good game dogs gave us nothing, idris played very well. Hopefully see you in the finals.

Last edited:

jimmythehand

Juniors
hard to tell big pete, but if I went one way or the other i'd say offside. But I didn't want to look too closely at it :)

Not surprised the 2nd half went a bit stale. 3 games in 11 days for the dogs. Titans short turnaround. Geez I loved how we stepped up to the mark both times the titans came for us in the 2nd half, it's almost like we were toying with them. Would have been embarassing to lose though, and they came close the Tits.

ironhorse

Juniors
I'm dark about the BS penalty for the play the ball, but not the reason we lost. Good game dogs gave us nothing, idris played very well. Hopefully see you in the finals.

yea i thought that was a rubbish penalty ...might have been trying to even the count at that stage ?

ouwet

Bench

LOL... That was our 2nd penalty in the game and 7 to the Coast... I don't think you can complain at all!!!

ByRd

First Grade
Agreed, man we get stuffed in the penalty counts this year, last week it was 9-4 and this week 7-2 and we receive the least amount in the league so please dont complain about penalties.

Coaster

Bench
WTF has last weeks penalty count got to do with the bs penalty for not getting off the ground to play the ball when he clearly did????

I don't give a rats if the count was 100 nil it still doesn't excuse the bloody thing!! It was a wrong desicion at a critical point in the game.

Fmd I'm not taking anything away from the dogs, you won the game fairly, but watching the mistakes week after week is fustrating to all supporters

jimmythehand

Juniors
he tried to play the ball way too quickly and was only on his feet for a split second wasn't even facing the opposition goal line when he played it.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
While the penalty probably should've gone to the Coast, he would've been wiser to attempt a proper play-the-ball.

Jason Maher

Immortal
So tell me, when are the Titans going to stand up and prove they are a genuine threat? To be honest they haven't really been impressive since the back-to-back away wins against Melbourne and North Queensland. Since then, they were belted by Penrith, unconvincing against Souths, threw a winnable game away against Newcastle, were belted by the Broncos, got lucky against Manly, were nearly run down by the Dragons, got very lucky against the Roosters, belted a lowly Warriors team, were embarrassed in the first half against Canberra but fought back well in the second, were mightily unimpressive against Parra, and had no answer to the Bulldogs brick wall defence. The first 40 against the Dragons showed what they are capable of when they put their mind to it, but they seem incapable of getting all the pieces to fall into place on any consistent basis. I'm sure Cartwright must be tearing his hair out.

Lucky for the Titans, their early season form, enough ugly wins, and the inconsistency of other teams sees them still sitting in the top 4. And there is time enough before the finals and enough talent in the team for them to rediscover the spark they had at the beginning of the year.

For the record, the Titans are my second team (I grew up on the Tweed), which is why I bother to get frustrated by their inconsistency. The dream for me would be a Dragons-Titans Grand Final, with a Dragons win of course, but the Titans currently have a lot of room for improvement if they want to get there.

ironhorse

Juniors
I dont think the titans are travelling too badly ...they were good against the bulldogs even if they fell short they were still good , completion rates and attack were fine . not at the dogs/dragons levels atm but it's only July ,be interesting to see them in the semis ...they might yet surprise a few still imo.

Coaster

Bench
We won't be a seriously threat until we get rid of Delaney and start playing our top 17. Prince can be an ordinary defender but put him beside Delaney and it's a gateway straight to the try line. Anyway I still think there are a lot of good signs, we played good football in the second half and hopefully against Brisbane we can finally put 80 min together.