What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R21 Fri :: Dragons 26 Storm 12 @ WIN Jubilee

Round 21 :: Dragons v Storm

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bicey_18

Bench
So the Saints are unbeaten at Kogarah this year? Wouldnt wanna play them in a semi at Win Jubilee...

dragondad

First Grade
Cant believe people are saying Tomane should have been benefit of the doubt.LEARN THE RULES.

If the ball is put down simultaneously to the arm going out,it is no try.

Noa

First Grade
Cant believe people are saying Tomane should have been benefit of the doubt.LEARN THE RULES.

If the ball is put down simultaneously to the arm going out,it is no try.

But yet if its simaltaneous between an attacker and a defender the beneift goes to the attacking team.

Bit of a contradiction there imo.

jimmythehand

Juniors
It cracks me up to read about people saying that a pass was thrown before the 10m line and caught after the 10m line therefore it's forward. I'm sick of going through the physics of it so I'll try another approach. What would be the ruling if the pass was caught immediately after leaving the hands of the passer? That's all that matters.

when it's a 5m pass no ... when it's a 30metre pass come on there's no way you can float a 30m pass forward. Physics tells me that if a 30m metre pass is caught 2 1/2 metres forward then it left the hands forward too. there's no way you can be running fast, throw it backwards and 30m away.

btw how many times do you see a swinging arm that doesn't connect? Do they ever go to the judiciary? Why should Soward have a case to answer, how's what he did different to a swinging arm that misses?

Rodent

Bench
Jimmy, I'll explain it for you. Assume there is no wind. If a player is standing still on halfway and passes a dead flat ball 30m across field and it is caught on halfway, that is a legal pass. If a player is travelling at a speed of 8 metres per second downfield and passes in exactly the same legal fashion i.e dead flat across field, then the longer the ball is in the air the further "forward" it will travel because it is not just travelling sideways but it is also travelling at 8 metres per second downfield. If the pass is in the air for just half a second it will travel forward 4 metres!
Basically it only matters what direction it is going the moment it leaves the hands. There is no way Soward threw it forward. Even if you throw such a long pass 1 degree forward it will end up being caught waaaayyyyyy in front of where it was thrown, not just a metre or 2.

God-King Dean

Immortal
128668507352996040.jpg

Gaba

First Grade
But yet if its simaltaneous between an attacker and a defender the beneift goes to the attacking team.

Bit of a contradiction there imo.
not when the touchline is involved , its always been no benefit of the doubt when there is a simaltaneous put down on the tryline and part of the ball or body touching the touchline,

touchline overrules

Last edited:

jimmythehand

Juniors
Jimmy, I'll explain it for you. Assume there is no wind. If a player is standing still on halfway and passes a dead flat ball 30m across field and it is caught on halfway, that is a legal pass. If a player is travelling at a speed of 8 metres per second downfield and passes in exactly the same legal fashion i.e dead flat across field, then the longer the ball is in the air the further "forward" it will travel because it is not just travelling sideways but it is also travelling at 8 metres per second downfield. If the pass is in the air for just half a second it will travel forward 4 metres!
Basically it only matters what direction it is going the moment it leaves the hands. There is no way Soward threw it forward. Even if you throw such a long pass 1 degree forward it will end up being caught waaaayyyyyy in front of where it was thrown, not just a metre or 2.

let me explain it to you rodent. If a player is travelling at 8 metres per second going forwards he has no chance of throwing a ball 30 metres, either flat or backwards. To pass a ball that far your momentum has to be going in that direction too.

Last edited:

STG-Dragon

Juniors
I'd like to see St George playing Storm or Dogs on a level playing field. Tonight, the officials just crumbled under the home crowd pressure. The forward passes from Soward to Sailor for tries are just becoming comical. The last one must have been three metres forward. The critical Tomane no-try...well everyone saw that one.
I just hope the chickens don't come home to roost for Saints in the grand final --- because they've been fabulous for the game this year.

:crazy::lol: you have no idea!

Rodent

Bench
let me explain it to you rodent. If a player is travelling at 8 metres per second going forwards he has no chance of throwing a ball 30 metres, either flat or backwards. To pass a ball that far your momentum has to be going in that direction too.
Fair enough but which way was the wind blowing? Bottom line is that the pass was legal in my opinion and in the opinion of the refs and touchies as well as Peter Sterling an impartial observer with some credibility.

Had a great time watching the game down in Melbourne with the Melbourne Based Dragons Supporters. Great bunch of people, made us out of towners feel welcome as soon as we walked in to the pub. George has worked hard on getting Dragons fans (and all league fans) a place to come together and watch league at reasonable times. There was around 100 people packed around that screen, mostly Dragons fans but a few Storm supporters too. Thanks to all the Dragons fans down there at the Limerick Arms, you guys are passionate, loud and heaps of fun. Best atmosphere watching the Dragons outside of being at the game. If you are ever in Melbourne and want to watch the game with some great people, check the MBDS website and get out with them.

Latest posts