What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R21 Sun :: Rabbitohs 18 Bulldogs 26 @ ANZ

Round 21 :: Rabbitohs v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
:lol: to damage your little argument even further, the referees boss was able to confirm tonight on NRL Tactics that the Video referee actually got the decision wrong, and that the try Champion scored as a result of Sandow's shepherd should not have been awarded.

Mr Saab

Referee
Uh...no it wasn't. And no they don't. It's pretty much just Bulldogs fans that think it wasn't a try.

Video referees for all their screw-ups do not miss CLEAR CUT SHEPHERDS. Oh look, I can type pointless dribble in capital letters to reinforce my stale argument too. Yay.

Good one bumble. Bill Harrigan admited on monday that Bumstead got it wrong. Of course he wont be sacked cause he is a protected species.
Finch should resign

As far as I'm aware, skeepe, despite his outrageous bias, generally has a pretty good idea of rules and refereeing. In this case he's bang on.

I never argued whether he was right or wrong. I merely pointed out that for him to say that he is without bias is a joke. Regardless of whether that try was awarded to Souths or any other team on the weekend, he was always going to have a whinge about it because the Raiders have had a couple pulled up in a reverse of that ruling. Skeepe watches the Raiders play each week, compares that game to every other game that he sees on the weekend and then his opinions are formed from there.

Timmah

Staff member
:lol: Bumble won't come back to face the music though... will he?

Meh.

He's not the first bloke to be confused about the rules regarding shepherds of late. Is there an actual clear cut definition anymore? Used to be that if someone ran behind someone else then it was an obstruction unless no one was obstructed. Then they changed it so that you couldn't run behind someone at all and that got panned. Now it's sort of back to the old rule again but not quite. Sometimes you get a try even though a player is obstructed because the tackling player made a poor read. Other times you don't. It's easily the most subjective rule in the game.

Tbf I thought that Champions try was a no try, but I also thought that Goodwin touched the corner post in his try as well. Mind you there was a bees dick in it and you could only really see the contact via one video angle so I was happy for benefit of the doubt. I've seen plenty worse than both given and plenty better than both taken away so you just have to live with it and move on. Dogs won, well done Doggies, now its on to Manly for us and the Raiders for you. See you next year if we don't meet again in between.

Bumble

First Grade

Bumble's had no internet you pillock

And when did Harrigan come out and say that? I don't remember reading anything.

Oh, and there's been no complaining from Souths fans about the wrongly given scrum to the Bulldogs that resulted in their 2nd try. So move on and forget about it

Garts

Bench
I did not have a issue with the try as a somewhat unbiased supporter. Players run behind other players quite a bit nowdays. This one looked pretty ordinary but when watching it again I dont think Morris (was it him?) just made a bad read. In days gone by this was a sheppard but nowdays I can see why it was given.

Mr Saab

Referee

Oh, and there's been no complaining from Souths fans about the wrongly given scrum to the Bulldogs that resulted in their 2nd try. So move on and forget about it

He is on radio every monday night (2SM @ 632pm) to given the rundown on the refs and to explain the "big" calls.
He straight out said that Hampstead got it wrong.

Timmah

Staff member
Which was then repeated on NRL tactics on Tuesday too Bumble, you pillock.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Yeah, sorry Bumble, I heard Bill say on Monday night that Hampstead got it wrong too. No mention of any of the 'Dogs tries though ;-)

Ziggy the God

First Grade

Why are you arguing with Timmah, the biggest arseclown on LU?

You should know better.

Bumble

First Grade
Which was then repeated on NRL tactics on Tuesday too Bumble, you pillock.

F**k, I just got italicized.

you still fail to mention the dud scrum call that resulted in a Bulldogs try...as I said, decisions go both ways.

Good win tonight btw (CCM)

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Actually, no incorrect scrum rule ended in a try for us. If you're talking about the one where El Masri accidentally knocked the ball out as Best was trying to pass it and it went over the sideline, that scrum didn't result in a try. You got the ball back after it, well before we scored.

I can't believe we are still carrying on with this match. LOL

Timmah

Staff member
Why are you arguing with Timmah, the biggest arseclown on LU?

You should know better.
:lol: Bumble's the one who's wrong in this case, you goose :lol:
F**k, I just got italicized.

you still fail to mention the dud scrum call that resulted in a Bulldogs try...as I said, decisions go both ways.

Good win tonight btw (CCM)
Oh noes a dud scrum call... :crazy: Pity your defence wasn't up to scratch to keep us out following the scrum...

Meanwhile, your team is resorting to shepherding to score...

Bumble

First Grade
Oh noes a dud scrum call... :crazy: Pity your defence wasn't up to scratch to keep us out following the scrum...

Meanwhile, your team is resorting to shepherding to score...

Oh ok so when refereeing goes against us it's our fault for not being able to defend?

Ok, well f**king done on your cover defence not being able to wrap up a 5ft tall halfback before he threw a pass to Champion for a try. Idiot.

Timmah

Staff member
Oh ok so when refereeing goes against us it's our fault for not being able to defend?

Ok, well f**king done on your cover defence not being able to wrap up a 5ft tall halfback before he threw a pass to Champion for a try. Idiot.
You mean after he committed an obstruction WITHIN the same play? :lol: Very different situations and you know it.

Bumble

First Grade
You mean after he committed an obstruction WITHIN the same play? :lol: Very different situations and you know it.

Things I know..

I know that they were both refereeing mistakes that resulted in tries

I know that one went against Souths and the other against the Bulldogs

I know that most rational people would accept this and move on, and agree that both teams were benefical from a refeeing mistake

You however, are not most people. Nor are you rational. I give up.

Timmah

Staff member
I had moved on. You ressurected it 48 hours after it had last been talked about. Don't try pinning the blame for the ongoing crap on me :lol: