What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R23 Fri :: Cowboys 12 Bulldogs 22 @ Dairy Farmers

Round 23 :: Cowboys v Bulldogs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jimmythehand

Juniors
i haven't changed it.

The ball clearly - as I said - 'fell' backwards off Morris and for Dee to say he saw it go forwards was a bit of a joke.

But if you look closely, the ball went through his hands forward, and then back off his body, which is a knock-on.

Only someone with eagle eyes would have picked that up, not surprising it didn't get referred. Same with the other no-try for the Cowboys. I still haven't seen a replay to show that it was a knock-back by Tonga, but he lost control of the ball and it ended up 3 metres in front of him so what are you going to do but call it a knock-on?

Last edited:

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
It was a knock-back. Morris did extremely well in making it go backwards by turning his body to face his own goal line so that way if he did catch it and drop it (which he did) it goes backwards.

It was a try 100%.

Last edited:

jimmythehand

Juniors
It was a knock-ball. Morris did extremely well in making it go backwards by turning his body to face his own goal line so that way if he did catch it and drop it (which he did) it goes backwards.

It was a try 100%.

the only thing he did wrong was grabbing at it with his arms instead of it hitting him on the chest. the slow mo does show that the ball travels forward from his hands, onto his body, then back. But the referees would have seen exactlywhat youdescribed, only a slo mo shows this up.

Shifty

Juniors
Great kick from Anthony Watts to set-up a crucial try for the Dogs.:lol: He made some crucial errors when the pressure was turned up.

Don't know what's going on with Thurston's passing game, but he's definitely taken playing "flat" too far. The players over-running the play weren't helping, but every time Thurston tried to switch the play he was throwing the ball a couple of metres forward.

The Dogs were lucky to get a few decisions go their way, but they created a lot of their own luck. Good game, pity about Hickey and Tonga getting knocked senseless though.

Dee

Juniors
hahaha im completely confused about that nock back call, either way, I was just making a point that if we were to be nit picking about calls, there were many other incidents that could be debated! While I'm not happy about the result, I can live with it because Dogs were better than the Cowboys. End of story.