What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R25 Fri :: Cowboys 10 Broncos 16 @ DFS

Round 25 :: Cowboys v Broncos

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Twigg

Juniors
Gee that was an awful game to watch. Referees were terrible.

I've lost count at how many dropped balls there were.

Big Pete

Referee
Scrappy game but it's always a difficult task at Dairy Farmers.

Top effort Cowboys, your forwards really stuck it to us and Henry's plan to put O'Donnell into the centres to combat Taylor was superb.

I thought the Cowboys first try was very dodgy, 9/10 that's called a charge down but tonight the referee's decided to go against the grain and put Lockyer under pressure forcing him to throw "that" pass.

Replay's showed Folau's try was fine.

If Waterhouses' try against the Broncos was fine, then so was Glenn's against the Cowboys. Stupid rule and I hope they change it but that's footy.

I normally support every Cowboys player, but f**k me Watts continues to validate himself as the tool of the club. The bloke is always the first to put in a cheap shot and while he has all the talent in the world, he's always guilty of one colossal f**k up.

ME SO HORNBY!

Juniors
I think Dave Taylor has been made to look better than he really is in recent weeks by playing on the edges. I mean what do you expect when a 10 foot monster runs at a small guy. It aint rocket science, more like taking candy from a baby.

The move to have O'Donnell playing in the centres for chunks of the match proved me right IMO. Taylor was much more quiet tonight than in recent weeks, a direct result of marking up on a man closer to his own size. On the flip side, O'Donnell looked brilliant running at smaller blokes tonight which shows my point i guess. Taylor should stick to making metres up the middle as that is where he will be needed come September, toughing it out and doing the hard yards up the middle.

Broncodr01d

Juniors
Should be a great game. Thurston and Lockyer duelling will be good. I love the look of our backline, love it. The starting 13 is really solid, if those on the bench can contribute, we have a side that will give the finals a shake. I have no doubt.

Brisbane by 1-12 in an arm wrestle.

Lived up to the above. An arm wrestle that went to the last seconds of the game albeit a scrappy affair in the second half.

Four wins in a row and our finals campaign for the 18th straight season is assured if Gold Coast can take down the Wests Tigers this round. A sensational effort and turn around.

Full credit to Ivan Henjak and his coaching staff for turning this around. The players too. There is plenty of egg on the faces of certain Brisbane fans and media not to mention our rivals.

mongoose

Coach
Replay's showed Folau's try was fine.

On what planet was that try fine? It was an embarrasing joke that it had to be given. Blatant forward pass.

However the cowboys were awful. They must be the worst diciplined side in the NRL. How many times did they drop the ball or throw a stupid offload that went to ground behind the support? IF i was a cowboys fan I would have been throwing furniture during that game.

Last edited:

Country Bronco

Juniors
Everyone wants to talk about the broncos dubious tries and how they're not a threat anymore. Keep on doing it!!! We're no hope. Write us off. I"ll still support them no matter what you say. We don't need anyone to tell us how good we are, as we already know where we are at. We've beaten sharks, panthers, dragons and cowboys in a row. But that matters little cause we are concentrating on the raiders who's our next match. One game at a time.

It's ridiculous considering the 2 months before it, but in the last 200 minutes of football we've conceded 12 points. Thaiday was absolutely enormous last night (literally as well).

It probably shouldn't have been a try, but we got it on a technicality. We're not really any better off or worse off than other clubs in that regard, these things tend to even out over time. The torso try springs to mind...

user_nat

Coach
On what planet was that try fine? It was an embarrasing joke that it had to be given. Blatant forward pass.
One of the shots from behind showed Folau recieving the ball from behind the line, donno why they didn't show that angle more than once.

Shorty

Staff member
I didn't see the Folau try, but Broncos have been dealt a very fortunate season and though they didn't play badly the Cows had nothing and couldn't score a try from any opportunity.

Cows were simply just missing too many players Payne, Bowen etc.
Fine tuning needing to be done next year.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Geez, if Brisbane can turn it on next week, will we see the biggest single-season turnaround in a result since Parramatta's 49-point turnaround between matches against Canterbury-Bankstown this year?

miccle

Bench
Broncos have been dealt a very fortunate season

:lol::lol::lol:

FMD. Furtherest thing from the truth. We've had to fight tooth and nail for every win we've posted in the past three months, and pretty much all of our losses have been absolute thumpings.

Fortunate. :lol:

Do I need to send a dictionary to far north Qld so you can work out the meaning of the word?

Mr Saab

Referee
I didn't see the Folau try, but Broncos have been dealt a very fortunate season and though they didn't play badly the Cows had nothing and couldn't score a try from any opportunity.

Cows were simply just missing too many players Payne, Bowen etc.
Fine tuning needing to be done next year.

you are a deadset f**king imbo spasticated bimbo

Shorty

Staff member
LOL Bimbo? Yeah...
Bullsh*t you've fought tooth and nail, you played a bunch of out of form teams and took advantage of teams slipping out of the 8.
Broncos have done f**k all to deserve their spot in the 8.