What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R25 Fri :: Eels 48 Panthers 6 @ Parramatta

Round 25 :: Eels v Panthers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abpanther

Staff member
Well as we all expected, when we hoped that the boys would step up at crunch time they showed nothing, I have some many expletives to yell out and so much to complain about:

Elliot is a useful prick, team did not look ready to play (early penalties) and there was no gameplan and definitely no 2nd half adjustments at all. Decision to take Peanuts off for so long and take Graham of was puzzling.

Sammut is useless, positional play is beyond pathetic and has no pace at all.

Gordon was ok but showed no urgency when Burt was chasing and seems to have lost some pace.

Jennings was invisible, if he wants to get paid and become a great player he needs to lift his teammates and go looking for the ball, it seems like he hides when the going gets tough.

Walsh was sh*t, caught on 4th tackles too many times, decent kicks but no threat at all at the line with his repetitive inside balls.

Peanuts missing in action when we need him, what else is new.

Our forwards had no impact at all.

Very funny that the 2 guys that impressed me most (other than Huey and House who never stop trying and I actually feel sorry for them coz they deserve better) were the 2 most maligned guys on the team, Tighe never stopped trying and Blair tried his guts out, more than I can say for Jennings.

Another disappointing season...

Penrith haven't played THAT badly lately its just that they are very ordinary. When it comes time for the teams to step up and make a run to the finals, the Panthers have no plan B and no ability to step up. Not having Petero mightn't have helped, but the problem is, Penrith play with no real purpose or plans, rely on individual brilliance from Jennings and Pritchard. If that comes, then they give the other side a hard game but if the other side steps up and place with purpose and has plans- like Parramatta, Penrith has nothing to combat it when they get on the back foot. So in conclusion all teams need to do to beat Penrith is lift their intensity and then Penrith will wilt.Hahaha lol at Penrith!!

skeepe

Immortal
How many weeks will Hayne get for the trip? Should have been sent off and an eight point try.

Gaba

First Grade
Did not see the game...were the Eels that good ??.

I think it was the lack of opposition more then anything ,but the eels did what they have to do, their test will come when they finally come up against a side with good defence and attack,

Last edited: