What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

09 :: R25 Mon :: Raiders 30 Knights 14 @ Canberra

Round 25 :: Raiders v Knights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

perverse

Referee
Absolute garbage mate, if canberra are on song, which is a good chance on a chilly monday night home game, the knights will have to play to the very best of their ability to even make a game of it, let alone win.

Could go either way this game, depends on which sides turn up for both teams... anything from a 40 point drubbing each way to a GP Draw could be on the cards here
canberra are capable of good football... don't get me wrong... but with the knights having everything to play for and canberra having nothing to hope for this year, i simply can't see this being a close game. our boys either wont turn up and get pumped, or they will come out all guns blazing and put on a nice score themselves.

you rubbish my opinion, but then go on to say the exact same thing pretty much... very easy to stir a precious raiders fan that has had his delusions of grandeur shattered for another year. i wonder if the grand campese will pull out one of his big games this weekend... canberra fans should know by now he hasn't had enough this year.

Sleep

Juniors
I can see Canberra getting the chocolates here giving Skeepy an offseason full of happiness.

Eelectrica

Referee
When in doubt go the home team. Or the team with most wins.
Oh god now I'm confused again.
Golden point draw.

Raider_69

Post Whore
you rubbish my opinion, but then go on to say the exact same thing pretty much... very easy to stir a precious raiders fan that has had his delusions of grandeur shattered for another year. i wonder if the grand campese will pull out one of his big games this weekend... canberra fans should know by now he hasn't had enough this year.

Firstly what i was implying is that Canberra are a very good side at home, and when they are on song and at home, very few sides can go with them. Im not saying the knights cant, im saying if that is the case, and its a big IF, the knights will have to play good footy to beat us. To suggest that if they turn up and play good footy, they'll win comfortably regardless of how we play, is absurd imo.

Regardless of how sh*t we are, monday night in canberra, is always a tough game if the Raiders show up (which we do often on a monday night). And the knights dont have a great record up there.

You are 100% correct on Campo, he's been very hit and miss this year, if i were you i'd be hoping he doesnt have a big one, usually if Campo has a big one, he drags the rest with him, and if thats the case, i dont think we'll get beat on a monday night in canberra

but frankly ive got no confidence in him to have his blinder. He's been solid but solid isnt good enough for your chief play maker.

mozza91

Coach
Actually I thought our pack got the upper hand in that game. We just couldn't cross the line due to awful 5th tackle options and the knights rock solid defence.
Very true I recall Ben Rogers being our only half but still outplaying Campese and whoever the f**k your halfback is
Canberra in Canberra never goes well so not expecting too much a win would be great but very likely the Panthers game is a must win though

Last edited:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Needless to say go Canberra as the right result for my team. I think they can do it, even though the best possible finish may only be 12th, most likely 13th. But the Raiders owe their home fans another win. 6 out of 11 isn't great by their standards. So should find motivation to play well and hopefully win.

Firstly what i was implying is that Canberra are a very good side at home, and when they are on song and at home, very few sides can go with them. Im not saying the knights cant, im saying if that is the case, and its a big IF, the knights will have to play good footy to beat us. To suggest that if they turn up and play good footy, they'll win comfortably regardless of how we play, is absurd imo.

Regardless of how sh*t we are, monday night in canberra, is always a tough game if the Raiders show up (which we do often on a monday night). And the knights dont have a great record up there.

You are 100% correct on Campo, he's been very hit and miss this year, if i were you i'd be hoping he doesnt have a big one, usually if Campo has a big one, he drags the rest with him, and if thats the case, i dont think we'll get beat on a monday night in canberra

but frankly ive got no confidence in him to have his blinder. He's been solid but solid isnt good enough for your chief play maker.

Yeah, I agree. We will have to turn up and play good footy, especially with the Raiders playing their last home game and motivated to win. What I fear is that we were in this exact same situation last year (in form and top 8 calculations), came down here and played like rubbish. Admittedly, the Raiders aren't as good this year as they were last year but they can still be such a dangerous side. The form of the visiting team just doesn't matter when you play in Canberra (e.g. Dragons).

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Sending an SOS out in the Queanbeyan area to skeepe.

Skeepe, can you hear me, are you alive?!?!

Serc

First Grade
where the hell is skeepe?

i would have thought he'd be all over this thread like herpes on a paid sexual intercourse worker.

Just call out "here skeepey skeepey skeepey!"

He loves that!

Speaking of skeepey, just having a look at his sig above I wonder if he is up for another avatar bet with Jobby or whoever it was? lol

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Just call out "here skeepey skeepey skeepey!"

He loves that!

Speaking of skeepey, just having a look at his sig above I wonder if he is up for another avatar bet with Jobby or whoever it was? lol
Nah, see the thing is last time we played, he seemed certain they'd win and I was certain we'd win, so it was a fair bet. This time, I'm fully aware of our disgraceful record in Canberra so won't be making a mistake that may involve me wearing a Raiduhs banner for the next 6 months ...

skeepe

Immortal
Nah, see the thing is last time we played, he seemed certain they'd win and I was certain we'd win, so it was a fair bet. This time, I'm fully aware of our disgraceful record in Canberra so won't be making a mistake that may involve me wearing a Raiduhs banner for the next 6 months ...

Chicken.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Cmon Skeepey, it's hardly a fair bet when I really don't expect us to win ...

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Wonderful. I see we've got Klein and Cecchin in the middle with Ward in the box. Congrats on the win Raiduhs.